• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Discussion Thread

im a roma supporter, been one longer than ive been Spurs.

do you think destro would have made a difference today?
from what I've seen of him he needs others around him to play well and a typical disjointed spurs performance like today would render him pretty useless. he's not a game changer from what I've seen.

Never understood why adults have more than one European team stick to Roma we don't want ya sloppy seconds ;-)

I like Valencia, I dont watch all their games but youre allowed to have a couple of Euro teams. I like Fiorentina in Italy too. The thing is if you asked me who plays for either or manages them I wont have a damn clue.

How can you claim to know you've seen them more than anyone? Strange comment!

Much more helpful to not only give your opinion, but also state how much you've actually seen a player than to just give your opinion on a player.

He knows he's watching every game, his statement is perfectly fine. Of course there might be someone else watching every game, perhaps, maybe, but at that point does it really matter unless you're just being pedantic for the sake of it?

Surely it's not a good time to buy from Italy? Anyone come from there recently and impressed in a better league?

Nastasic, Coutinho and Flamini. Add Lamela to that in a couple of months ;)

The Italian league is at a low point for sure, but that doesn't mean there are no good signings to be made from there.

do you think destro would have made a difference today?
from what I've seen of him he needs others around him to play well and a typical disjointed spurs performance like today would render him pretty useless. he's not a game changer from what I've seen.

Well, clearly the idea is for Spurs, in time, to become acclimatised to Poch's tactics and preferred pattern of play. And if Destro is deemed to be the right kind of striker to spearhead a team playing in such a manner, then it doesn't matter if he's not a lone wolf kind of striker who makes his own chances.

Falcao isn't the kind of striker who generally makes his own chances either. Would you reject the opportunity to sign him too - hypothetically speaking, of course?

Well, clearly the idea is for Spurs, in time, to become acclimatised to Poch's tactics and preferred pattern of play. And if Destro is deemed to be the right kind of striker to spearhead a team playing in such a manner, then it doesn't matter if he's not a lone wolf kind of striker who makes his own chances.

Falcao isn't the kind of striker who generally makes his own chances either. Would you reject the opportunity to sign him too - hypothetically speaking, of course?

in theory you are correct but Falcao is an elite striker so not really the same comparison.

plus although Falcao is not a Messi have you seen some of his goals? there not all tap ins. i haven't seen him at all for Monaco but for Atletico there was many goals conjured out of nothing

spreaheading the attack is all well and good but id rather somebody who sets up his own chances as well as being a focal point.
from what I've seen of Destro he doesn't seem to do anything that Bony for example can't do. plus none of his goals have been against the big teams iirc

Last edited:
in theory you are correct but Falcao is an elite striker so not really the same comparison.

plus although Falcao is not a Messi have you seen some of his goals? there not all tap ins. i haven't seen him at all for Monaco but for Atletico there was many goals conjured out of nothing

But we're not an elite club. So we have to target players who are below elite level and hope that they become elite level with us.

And I bet that if you watched Destro enough, you'd see that he too is capable of conjuring goals out of nothing even if, like Falcao, most of his goals are set up for him.

Back