• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Discussion Thread

Townsend is still known out of this club for his England heroics, we could get £20m for him IMO.

The fact that we'd sell a promising winger whilst keeping another one on our books who has regressed spectacularly in the last 2 years.

The offer is on the table for Townsend, a promising, but vastly unproven winger who has terrible decision making skills.

Honestly if it funded a player Poch wanted, I'd take both offers for Townsend and Naughton, if we could get more great, if not, I'd still take it, usual Levy special, let them pay up front, give us a sell on clause if they really do fulfill some of that promise.

Townsend is still known out of this club for his England heroics, we could get £20m for him IMO.

I don't agree. He has qualities but he is very one track for a player of his age and he is running out of time to step up. £10m seems about right to me, at a stretch I could see us getting £15m if there was competition for his signature.

Like others, I'd be happy to give him this season and would be delighted if he made the grade but I think that the odds are stacked against him and would be willing to sell if we got an above valuation offer for him.

Townsend may not be that goof but he is better than QPR who are in financial difficulties and can't pay.. Southampton swap would make more sense.

Townsend frustrates the hell out of me. Every time he gets the ball I brace for a counter-attack. He brings us a long way forward - I don't deny that - and he pulls players up in support. And then every fricking time he either thinks he's Ricky Villa in 1981 and runs into the defence gifting them possession (cue: counter-attack). Or else he thinks he's Bale and blasts from distance - 49% of which still haven't come down yet and 49% are into the defence (cue: counter-attack). And it's simply not justified by the 2% that are on target.

He has the attributes to be a properly dangerous play-maker in my view, but he still hasn't learnt when and how to release the ball. And I'm sceptical he will at this stage. So I'd be happy to sell him while his stock is relatively high. It might turn out to be a mistake. Maybe he'll hone his vision and turn into a great midfielder - that's a risk you take; you can't know the future but in my view he's odds-on to be a bit player for us by the end of the season if he stays and we'll offload him as "dead wood" for half what he's currently worth on the market.

As ever, with a negative statement about a Spurs player - would dearly love to be proved wrong on this.

Re: Preseason 2014

Untitled.jpg

This is the way i see it. Red to be sold and yellow to be loaned out...

Purple potential new players in.

SPURS DEFENSIVE DUO WANT TO STAY PUT

Tottenham have been looking to make changes to their defensive personnel this summer - but centre-backs Michael Dawson and Younes Kaboul are both insisting they want to stay and fight for their places.

Spurs have signed Eric Dier from Sporting and are closing in on a deal to sign Villarreal defender Mateo Musacchio as a first choice partner for Jan Vertonghen in the heart of the back four.

But club captain Dawson has so far spurned the chance to join Hull in a deal worth around £8 million, citing his desire to earn his place in the Tottenham side.

While Dawson could still be convinced to leave, Kaboul has absolutely no intention of leaving Spurs this summer.

The Frenchman is in the final year of his contract and will run down his deal before making a decision on his future, with his preference to secure a new deal at White Hart Lane.

Kaboul has suffered with a knee problem for the last two years but is now pain-free and has impressed Mauricio Pochettino during pre-season.

Lazio have been linked with a move for the Frenchman but sources close to the player insist he will reject any proposed transfer.

- By Greg Stobart

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...n-snub?ICID=HP_HN_HP_RI_1_1CMPID=TWUK_140706_

Funny how some guys just seem to love it here... Maybe it's not just about the money :)

Sent from my SM-P605 using Fapatalk

Daws has been here for almost a decade now so I can understand why he wouldn't leave. He also has his pride as a player. No doubt he feels that he can deliver under Poch and change his mind much like he did with AVB.

It's a hard one to call as a fan as I both like Daws but can't see where he will fit in. For me we need to sell either him or Kaboul to balance the squad, maybe even both. We are at that stage where as a unit our central defenders are either on the way down (Daws and Kaboul) or too inexperienced (Dier, Fryers and Chiriches). Vertonghen is the only one who has the right mix and we need someone decent alongside him.

QPR are set to offer striker Loic Remy, 27, in exchange for Tottenham winger Andros Townsend, 23, and striker Harry Kane, 21. (CaughtOffside) (from BBC gossip)

I'd take that.

Daws has been here for almost a decade now so I can understand why he wouldn't leave. He also has his pride as a player. No doubt he feels that he can deliver under Poch and change his mind much like he did with AVB.

It's a hard one to call as a fan as I both like Daws but can't see where he will fit in. For me we need to sell either him or Kaboul to balance the squad, maybe even both. We are at that stage where as a unit our central defenders are either on the way down (Daws and Kaboul) or too inexperienced (Dier, Fryers and Chiriches). Vertonghen is the only one who has the right mix and we need someone decent alongside him.

I'd definitely sell Kaboul and keep Dawson as 4th/5th choice for a year while Dier and (hopefully) MM ease in.

Kaboul still looks shot from that injury (2 years ago now) and has never really managed to be fit for more than 15 games a season before that.

Kaboul can also sign for someone on a pre-contract in January, so it's now or never to get anything for him.

QPR are set to offer striker Loic Remy, 27, in exchange for Tottenham winger Andros Townsend, 23, and striker Harry Kane, 21. (CaughtOffside) (from BBC gossip)

I'd take that.
they are not having Kane....fcuk that

He's due a testimonial if he stays with us until January

Im sure you kept going on about getting Remy not long ago?

Either way, Id say no deal to that Im not writing off Townsend and Kane has shown he has a lot to offer.....

About 6 years ago, when he was a prospect. Before his injuries and rapeiness. Also when we were a less established team playing more on the break, rather than someone 75% of teams park the bus in front of (something Remy isn't equipped for).

About 6 years ago, when he was a prospect. Before his injuries and rapeiness. Also when we were a less established team playing more on the break, rather than someone 75% of teams park the bus in front of (something Remy isn't equipped for).

For a start I cannot ever remember us playing on the break. Since Jol (and way before) we have been a team who tend to dominate possession. We have never looked to sit back, draw a team on to us and then break.

Secondly do you feel that the French national team only play on the break?

Back