• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Discussion Thread

Re: Transfer Rumours

Ashley Cole would be an excellent left back for us. I'd be happy to see him arrive. He was a **** to Arsenal, that's a good thing, right? Plus he seems to have winning mentality which is most welcome here.

Not sure Cashley would come here tbh. If he has the right attitude and wants to still prove that he is good enough then fair enough. If however he wants to just make a bit more money whilst staying in London then no. I'd rather we get someone who still has the desire to play

After the way he's been cast aside at Chelsea I reckon he'd still want to prove himself. So much better than what we have its a no brainer....

True, my argument is more if we can find someone younger. He would be a stop gap for a position we need filling but if we could get hold of a long term replacement ahead of him then I'd not make a bid

True, my argument is more if we can find someone younger. He would be a stop gap for a position we need filling but if we could get hold of a long term replacement ahead of him then I'd not make a bid

Fryers could be the long term replacement, so getting Cole would be an appropriately short term, high quality first choice with Fryers still developing and featuring as understudy with the potential for a fair amount of opportunities.

No thanks on Cole.

New full backs.
Caulker
Lukaku or similar

More outs than ins though. Won't be sad to see the back of:
Dembele
Capoue
Townsend (should be able to get an English premium)
Chadli
Siggy

Obviously not all but some need to be shed.

Line up next season:
Lloris
New rb/Chich/Verts/new lb
Sandro/bentalab
Eriksen/Paulinho/Lamela
Soldado

Still think given a settled line up and run of games, Soldado will deliver.

You want Eriksen on the right? In spite of all of his success having come from the left this season?

My main worry going into this summers window is not that we will have funds available it's that we are now probably viewed as a less serious contender for top four than in the last few summers. We also have a lot of deadwood to shift especially at the back.

Let's get one marque signing and a fair few promising youngsters

My main worry going into this summers window is not that we will have funds available it's that we are now probably viewed as a less serious contender for top four than in the last few summers. We also have a lot of deadwood to shift especially at the back.

Let's get one marque signing and a fair few promising youngsters

you'll be alright. despite your obvious regression you'll still finish in the top four. the big question is whether wenger will still be there next season.

Am I the only one that still have hope for our cb's? I really believe that a good manager will sort our defence out. Left back I agree, really need a new one.

Walker, kaboul, vertonghen, dawson and chirices can be good, I'm sure of It.

Would never ever want Ashley Cole.

Undoubted class but having Gallas before and Ade now is pushing it already

Hey Mods: Any chance that we could just have the transfer forum open any time soon?

For me the season is just about over anyway and, although not much will happen until we have our manager done and deadline/Levy-day approaches, I would rather discuss potential striker targets for the summer pulled out of people's imagination than the dumpster fire that is the luckily soon to be over current season.

Hey Mods: Any chance that we could just have the transfer forum open any time soon?

For me the season is just about over anyway and, although not much will happen until we have our manager done and deadline/Levy-day approaches, I would rather discuss potential striker targets for the summer pulled out of people's imagination than the dumpster fire that is the luckily soon to be over current season.

There ain't going to be no transfer business till the manager situation is resolved, and we could be back to square one with our search.

The next manager will also need time to assess the squad after the WC and summer break.

A few Baldini kids from South America is all we can hope for before late July at the earliest IMO.

There ain't going to be no transfer business till the manager situation is resolved, and we could be back to square one with our search.

The next manager will also need time to assess the squad after the WC and summer break.

A few Baldini kids from South America is all we can hope for before late July at the earliest IMO.

I don't care!

I would still rather discuss if we should hypothetically go for Mandzukic or Dzeko than discuss just how GHod awful [insert player name here] has been, how super awesome Liverpool are or just exactly in what way our previous managers have ****ed up, been ****ed over or in general ended up penetrated or penetrating in an unhelpful fashion.

Last edited:

thats one advantage of keeping TS longer i guess :lol: he has already assessed the squad and decided it aint good enough

thats one advantage of keeping TS longer i guess :lol: he has already assessed the squad and decided it aint good enough

Yep - all 22 disgruntled senior players move on to bigger and better things, whilst Timmeh fights relegation with his Swindon Loans Old Boys:

--------------------Archer

Fredericks----Ball-------McQueen------Stewart

Gallifouco----Bentaleb-----Carroll------Falque

------------Coulthirst------Kane

Only partly joking:

Any manager that cant sit down with a stack of match DVDs from this season and identify a couple of the glaring and obvious weaknesses in our squad in a weekend shouldn't be hired in the first place.

The manager does not get much input on who we sign, that all comes down to Levy and what ever patsy he has in his Director of Football role. There in is the problem with our club.

The manager does not get much input on who we sign, that all comes down to Levy and what ever patsy he has in his Director of Football role. There in is the problem with our club.

Nope, therein lies the key to our improvement over the last decade.

Back