• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Discussion Thread

Re: Transfer Rumours

OfficialAgentInsider ‏@AgentOfficial59 9m

Arsenal have formally enquired for United's Luis Nani today. #mufc #afc

I don't see either happening until we name our new manager. If either go before one is announced then we know the club have someone waiting in the wings or it's Sherwood.

Both those players would actually be really suited to Italian football.

Would be gutted to lose Sandro.

Would not mind carrick back here, always liked him, as long as zokora does not come back we will be fine.

Heh.

Would not mind Carrick either. Experienced option who can instill in the team some knowledge of actually winning things and seeing games out without collapsing into a quivering heap. However, bringing him in might retread the progress of both Carroll and Bentaleb, and I want those two to be integral parts of our squad in the years to come, so I think ultimately unless we can find a place for him that doesn't interfere with a first-team spot for at least one of the two, he's not a player I'd go for.

Carrick sitting deep and keeping the ball ticking along would be great and I think a good model for Bentaleb to watch. Him sitting behind Dembele and Eriksen perhaps??? I'd still prefer to see us get Clasie

The second one is from the same site that has this Carrick to Spurs

Yes please! And twice on Sundays!

Heh.

Would not mind Carrick either. Experienced option who can instill in the team some knowledge of actually winning things and seeing games out without collapsing into a quivering heap. However, bringing him in might retread the progress of both Carroll and Bentaleb, and I want those two to be integral parts of our squad in the years to come, so I think ultimately unless we can find a place for him that doesn't interfere with a first-team spot for at least one of the two, he's not a player I'd go for.

I rate Bentaleb about as highly as anyone. If whoever our manager is comes the summer thinks that he's good enough to be our first choice central/deep playmaker type then I say go for it. Accept that he will be inconsistent at times and that he's developing, but just play him and trust him and expect him to become really good sooner or later.

However, more realistically we'll need someone a bit more experienced. And we desperately need someone in a central/deep position that's better at passing than at running. And there can't be many better for Bentaleb/Carroll to learn from than Carrick. He's PL experienced and even knows the club so should settle quickly and perhaps help some of our signings from last season settle quicker.

Carrick sitting deep and keeping the ball ticking along would be great and I think a good model for Bentaleb to watch. Him sitting behind Dembele and Eriksen perhaps??? I'd still prefer to see us get Clasie

**** Carrick, it never will stop amazing me that for all the Spur's players (Carrick/Modric/Berbatov/Bale), Carrick gets the least stick from our fans, yet was the least talented of our big sales, we did the most for his career and he always has **** to say about us ..

**** him, he's second to last on my take back list, just above judas ...

**** Carrick, it never will stop amazing me that for all the Spur's players (Carrick/Modric/Berbatov/Bale), Carrick gets the least stick from our fans, yet was the least talented of our big sales, we did the most for his career and he always has **** to say about us ..

**** him, he's second to last on my take back list, just above judas ...

I've heard that he was quite happy to stay with us and sign a contract extension but Levy kept dragging his feet on a new deal. When United came in Carrick though "**** this, if I'm not valued at Spurs..."

Yep - all 22 disgruntled senior players move on to bigger and better things, whilst Timmeh fights relegation with his Swindon Loans Old Boys:

--------------------Archer

Fredericks----Ball-------McQueen------Stewart

Gallifouco----Bentaleb-----Carroll------Falque

------------Coulthirst------Kane

I'd take Pritchard over Carroll - and he has been playing at Swindon

I've heard that he was quite happy to stay with us and sign a contract extension but Levy kept dragging his feet on a new deal. When United came in Carrick though "**** this, if I'm not valued at Spurs..."

iirc it was his wife who wanted to move further north. Ive heard he is very much under the thumb. He had no intention of extending his contract and Levy didnt want to go into the final 2 years after what happened with Cmpbell. 18 mill was a fabulous offer but we messed up with the replacement, just like with the Berba money.

Heh.

he is not that kind of character. He is not a talker, nor a motivator, at United he has ridden along the success they have had rather than being a major force behind that success. Plus he couldnt give a fcuk about Spurs, never had anything good to say about us since he left

he is not that kind of character. He is not a talker, nor a motivator, at United he has ridden along the success they have had rather than being a major force behind that success. Plus he couldnt give a fcuk about Spurs, never had anything good to say about us since he left

He's been a fixture in their team for their success since he came there. Other than one drop in form he's been essentially undroppable and Ferguson seemingly hasn't made a move to even try to replace him or upgrade on him. He's been excellent for them at times and was even by many thought of as their most important player last season when they crushed the league. I disagree completely about him riding along on their success, he's been a vital part of it.

He might not be a vocal leader, and we won't find many I think. But Dubai is spot on that Carrick isn't one that will collapse into a quivering heap. And he does know how to win.

I don't think we should only try to sign players that give a **** about Spurs, we won't be signing many players if we do.

He's been a fixture in their team for their success since he came there. Other than one drop in form he's been essentially undroppable and Ferguson seemingly hasn't made a move to even try to replace him or upgrade on him. He's been excellent for them at times and was even by many thought of as their most important player last season when they crushed the league. I disagree completely about him riding along on their success, he's been a vital part of it.

He might not be a vocal leader, and we won't find many I think. But Dubai is spot on that Carrick isn't one that will collapse into a quivering heap. And he does know how to win.

I don't think we should only try to sign players that give a **** about Spurs, we won't be signing many players if we do.

if we want that type id rather we signed Pirlo on a free this summer....

if we want that type id rather we signed Pirlo on a free this summer....

Two points:

1. I don't think we would have a chance signing him.
2. He would be another player new to the league having to adjust.

Carrick would be someone that knows the league, and our club, someone that can slot right in and get a running start. Someone I think could actually help our new boys from last summer, along with whoever we sign from abroad this summer, settle.

Also Carrick is a couple years younger than Pirlo.

Could you be any more bitter?

Back