• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Discussion Thread

Re: Transfer Rumours

or selling Soldado because he's unable to score a goal?

I wouldn't be surprised if he left either, although I think that he is a decent player who could do well for us next year if he stays.

I think that the argument for selling Ade is that he has been a streaky player throughout his career and his value will start to decrease rapidly now that he has passed 30. He's had a good six months, so there should be some interest from clubs in signing him, so we might get a decent price for him. Moving him on just feels like a Levy type of deal to me.

Re: Other Premier League Matches Thread

Michu for me is where we should be sniffing around. More versatile than Bony and could be more gettable, if he ever wants to play at a club near the top it's getting close to the time to get his move.

In general I think we should look for players that are either clearly better than our current first choice, or with the potential to get there, or players that are available cheaply and are good value for money. Not just "good enough players". But there has to be a balance between "right now" and potential for the future.

He has proved it for one season... this season he appeared anyways to have started poorly... since then he has been injured. I wouldnt buy him personally.

I'd take Kagawa as well from them if Moyes is intent on wasting him.

yes indeed.....although not many far east players have succeeded in English football. Bit like Russians/Ukranians too

Rumours about Welbeck wanting to leave Utd. Cheeky bid? He'd want to play in a central forward position.

Rumours about Welbeck wanting to leave Utd. Cheeky bid? He'd want to play in a central forward position.

At a reasonable price. COULD be a Sturridge like gamble, young and a good finisher. But not for the 20,000,000 touted

Would you be disappointed if we didn't sign anyone over the summer?

Not particularly, the last thing we need is another raft of new faces. Over the past two season we've brought in so many players and now they need some time and stability to click.

Only position that needs some work is LB. I'd be happy with either an upgrade on Rose or some decent competition.

Also think it's huge that we hold onto Lloris and Jan in the summer too.

We need a first choice LB, at least one cb (either to replace Kaboom or if verts does go) and a rb to support walker.

Well beck would be great for me, see him as a long term replacement for ade, but I would keep bobby.

Midfield is where I see most of the outgoings- too many cms not enough positions

Would you be disappointed if we didn't sign anyone over the summer?

Yes.

Like most I think we need a new left back and possibly a new centre back. If we sell one of Ade or Soldado we also need a new striker.

I also think we should be looking for a new central midfielder. It's shameful that Bentaleb walked into our side and made himself the best passer in central midfield almost overnight at 19 coming up from the reserves. Too many similar players, not enough quality on the ball and creativity. To some extent I think this is more important than a new left back.

whats a reasonable price for him??

Young(ish) and English, but 2 years on his contracts and a reject/want-away player. £10-12m I would say. Very different to a top team chasing a player from a smaller team that's desperate to keep the player as United are probably fine with letting Welbeck go. Somewhat similar to when we wanted rid of Huddlestone although the injury situation obviously changed things a bit.

Last edited:

Ashley Cole? Yeah, would bring much needed grit and leadership to the defence, and he is a quality full-back. We don't have enough nasty t***s in our team either.

We missed a lot of that needle in our play since Gallas and Parker moved on.

He has proved it for one season... this season he appeared anyways to have started poorly... since then he has been injured. I wouldnt buy him personally.

I thought he was good up to his injury this season too, was playing a deeper role because Bony had arrived so he didn't score as much, but he was still very important to Swansea I thought. Perhaps we could find a random Swansea board to invade to see if they thought the same, might just be me...

Not particularly, the last thing we need is another raft of new faces. Over the past two season we've brought in so many players and now they need some time and stability to click.

Only position that needs some work is LB. I'd be happy with either an upgrade on Rose or some decent competition.

Also think it's huge that we hold onto Lloris and Jan in the summer too.

Yes and no imo.

We were in a similar position when Redknapp took over, a lot of players that needed to adjust (although our performances were obviously a hell of a lot worse than now).

He signed some key players that knew the league and could start performing at once, players that were a good fit for our system and filled holes/imbalances in our squad. I really think having Palacios in midfield, Defoe up front and later Crouch up front helped our players adjust quicker as our squad (and line-ups) was better balanced and performing at a higher level.

Of course it's going to be difficult for creative "final third" players to succeed when they have Walker, Rose, Dawson, Lloris, Sandro and Dembele "feeding" (loosest possible use of the word) them important passes into that final third. A proper creative passer in central midfield might be exactly what we need. Just like Ade returning helped our team by giving us someone to aim high balls up at.

But we shouldn't be looking for massive changes in our squad, that I agree with.

Back