• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Discussion Thread

Re: Last week of transfer window: who realistically would you like to see go and come

A combination of think and want, no way would I want sandro to leave...

OUT:
Dawson
Ekotto
Paulinho
Sandro
Townsend

IN:
Fazio
Scheiderlin
Remy

That's 8 major transfers of which 6 will be £10m+. There's just no time left for that much business.

Re: Last week of transfer window: who realistically would you like to see go and come

Fazio should be announced either today or tomorrow so thats one defo in

BTW, Poch said yesterday we'd definitely be signing no more attacking players, so that maybe puts pay to any LWF incoming links

Honestly don't even care, the squad is decent and I'm not entirely convinced by the players we've been linked with anyway.

Fazio should be announced either today or tomorrow so thats one defo in

I've been away for a few days, but all I've seen is a spat between him and Seville about not signing a contract and paying his own buy-out. Has anyone at Seville officially fingered us?

More times than not in these situations it's either just bartering for the contract talks, or the behind-the-scenes club is not the one the press are assuming.

Have I missed anything more concrete?

So 11 multi-million pound deals in 7 days is realistic?!

The negotiations have been started/ongoing for a good few weeks already though, surely? Dawson has been linked with Hull for ages before a bid was confirmed, likewise us with Schneiderlin. These deals could happen very quickly, as they are likely 95% done.

BTW, Poch said yesterday we'd definitely be signing no more attacking players, so that maybe puts pay to any LWF incoming links

Managers often say things at this time of year which they know full well not to be true.

That's not to say that we will sign an attacking player. Just that I wouldn't attach too much weight to anything that Poch says about possible incomings or outgoings over the coming week.

I'd like another cb and a replacement for ade

That's 8 major transfers of which 6 will be £10m+. There's just no time left for that much business.

While I agree that we're not going to do that much business, we'll already be in various negotiations for those listed players. We're not starting from scratch.

Out

BAE
Dawson
Lennon
Chiriches
Paulinho

In
Fazio (never seen him but its pretty much a done deal.
Redmond (cheap and upgrade on Lennon)

I would wager we'll see the following incomings:

Fazio
Schneiderlin

And the following outgoings:

Dawson
Sandro
Townsend
Chiriches
Obika
Mason
Coulibaly
Fredericks
BAE
Khumalo

Now, the details:

- Townsend's been interesting Southampton as per reports from the somewhat reliable Telegraph. Schneiderlin has been a target of ours for a while now, and apparently the personal negotiations were concluded to our satisfaction a while ago. It then makes sense to assume that the two players will feature in a swap deal, which simplifies both the buying and selling negotiations and saves us time. So, 12.5 million pounds plus Townsend = Schneiderlin.

Sandro seems to be one player that's attracted consistent interest from Napoli across the window. Chances are, we'll sell him for somewhere between 10 -12 million quid at some point in the next week.

Chiriches hasn't featured for us so far, and I'm going on the long shot assumption that Mehdi Benatia's impending sale to Bayern will make Walter Sabbatini (who's in London, apparently) wrap up the negotiations for Chiriches quickly. A fee of 12.5 million quid, is my ball-park estimation.

Daws is off to Hull City, so that deal's already concluded.

Fazio seems set for a move to us, so that deal is already also concluded.

BAE will likely be released.

Coulibaly, Fredericks, Mason and Obika will get loans, while Khumalo will either get a loan or be released.

Overall, that's two major transfers in (Schneiderlin, Fazio) and four major transfers out (Daws, Chiriches, Sandro, Townsend), plus about six players that will either be loaned (Obika, Mason, Fredericks, Coulibaly) or be released (Khumalo, BAE). I know it seems like a lot, but consider the facts: a swap deal plus cash for Townsend and Schneiderlin will simplify negotiations greatly,the Daws and Fazio transfers seem done, and the loans/releases shouldn't be hard to work out. So really, the only strenuous race-against-time deals we'll try to pull off will be Sandro and Chiriches, and even there there's some doubt over the status of a deal for Chiriches (Italian press has been reporting it as done for a while now).

Now, I don't like a lot of those deals. I love Townsend, and desperately want him to stay here and succeed. But....if it comes to helping Poch get the players he really wants in, then it's a sacrifice we might have to make. I don't want to see Sandro leave, but it seems sadly inevitable if Schneiderlin arrives. I want to see Chiriches stay and revive his career, but again, if Fazio arrives his time in the side seems over.

However, this is what I think will happen come the end of the window, and I'm well aware that my preference won't be worth much of a damn in the end.

Out :

Dawson
Lennon
Paulinho
BAE

In :

Schneiderlin
Mustachios/fazio

Dawson seems set to leave, which gives us a CB in. I've seen none of the two rumoured incomings, so either seems fine with me at the moment.

Bae has been scheduled to exit for some time, hopefully he'll end up somewhere he can be appreciated. Lennon has never really come on from the 'potential' that he had when he started with us and paulinho just hasn't settled, keeping him here does neither us nor him any help.

I would wager we'll see the following incomings:

Fazio
Schneiderlin

And the following outgoings:

Dawson
Sandro
Townsend
Chiriches
Obika
Mason
Coulibaly
Fredericks
BAE
Khumalo

Now, the details:

- Townsend's been interesting Southampton as per reports from the somewhat reliable Telegraph. Schneiderlin has been a target of ours for a while now, and apparently the personal negotiations were concluded to our satisfaction a while ago. It then makes sense to assume that the two players will feature in a swap deal, which simplifies both the buying and selling negotiations and saves us time. So, 12.5 million pounds plus Townsend = Schneiderlin.

Sandro seems to be one player that's attracted consistent interest from Napoli across the window. Chances are, we'll sell him for somewhere between 10 -12 million quid at some point in the next week.

Chiriches hasn't featured for us so far, and I'm going on the long shot assumption that Mehdi Benatia's impending sale to Bayern will make Walter Sabbatini (who's in London, apparently) wrap up the negotiations for Chiriches quickly. A fee of 12.5 million quid, is my ball-park estimation.

Daws is off to Hull City, so that deal's already concluded.

Fazio seems set for a move to us, so that deal is already also concluded.

BAE will likely be released.

Coulibaly, Fredericks, Mason and Obika will get loans, while Khumalo will either get a loan or be released.

Overall, that's two major transfers in (Schneiderlin, Fazio) and four major transfers out (Daws, Chiriches, Sandro, Townsend), plus about six players that will either be loaned (Obika, Mason, Fredericks, Coulibaly) or be released (Khumalo, BAE). I know it seems like a lot, but consider the facts: a swap deal plus cash for Townsend and Schneiderlin will simplify negotiations greatly,the Daws and Fazio transfers seem done, and the loans/releases shouldn't be hard to work out. So really, the only strenuous race-against-time deals we'll try to pull off will be Sandro and Chiriches, and even there there's some doubt over the status of a deal for Chiriches (Italian press has been reporting it as done for a while now).

Now, I don't like a lot of those deals. I love Townsend, and desperately want him to stay here and succeed. But....if it comes to helping Poch get the players he really wants in, then it's a sacrifice we might have to make. I don't want to see Sandro leave, but it seems sadly inevitable if Schneiderlin arrives. I want to see Chiriches stay and revive his career, but again, if Fazio arrives his time in the side seems over.

However, this is what I think will happen come the end of the window, and I'm well aware that my preference won't be worth much of a damn in the end.
I agree, if we can convince those players to go. Mason might get a reprieve though and play in the EUROPA.

If nothing changes it won't be too bad. Upgrading the CBs seems to be on the cards. But if Poch can get Kaboul focused so he cuts out the mistakes (as Harry seemed to) then we have a decent contingent of CBs. Dier has also changed things a little as he seems to be match sharp and ready to play in the first team.

I would like us to sign an attacking player. A talented striker or a player like Depay who could upgrade and deepen our existing attacking talent. But its not 'realistic'.

Capoue is staking a claim on CM. If we ship out enough of the other CMs then we might get a slight upgrade in the middle. Bentaleb is quality, but he's young and needs a year of playing every week.

So realistically we'll probably get a CB (though its less urgent now Dier and Kaboul have shown promise). We may get a CM, but I think we'll need to sell before we can buy. We'll probably throw in a last minute bid or two for promising players like Depay if Townsend or Lennon are sold, but its unlikely they will be accepted. I guess it will depend on how many fringe players can be sold.

In -
Fazio
Mussachio
Schneiderlin
(Rodriguez)

Out -
Dawson
Fryers
Paulinho
Carroll
(Townsend)

It's called being a big club. We can have a streamline 18 man squad if you don't want to be competitive any more. Look at the massive task Liverpool had to undertake this summer to get back to having a top 5 sized squad again.

It would be 22 players more than enough. Players like Carroll can't even get games in Europa League qualifiers at the moment. Its ridiculous.

Lloris
Vorm
Friedel

Vertonghen
Dier
Fazio
Veljković

Walker
Yedlin
Rose
Davies

Schneiderlin
Étienne Capoue
Dembélé
Bentaleb

Eriksen
Lamela
Chadli
Kane

Wellbeck
Soldado
Adebayor

It would be 22 players more than enough. Players like Carroll can't even get games in Europa League qualifiers at the moment. Its ridiculous.

Lloris
Vorm
Friedel

Vertonghen
Dier
Fazio
Veljković

Walker
Yedlin
Rose
Davies

Schneiderlin
Étienne Capoue
Dembélé
Bentaleb

Eriksen
Lamela
Chadli
Kane

Wellbeck
Soldado
Adebayor

I'd say that's too weak at CB, DM and AM.

Chuck back in Chiriches, Sandro, Holtby and Townsend and I'd be much happier going into a 55-60 game season.

We're not getting Yedlin for 12 months yet either. And I don't see what Wellbeck offers that Kane doesn't.

Most of these seem to be relatively well advanced so whilst it appears to be a lot of business, all are in motion. Ideally, I'd also like a new LWF in however that can wait

In:
Fazio (seems like a done deal)
Schneiderlin
Musacchio

Out:
Dawson
Chiriches
One of Sandro or Capoue (we dont need both plus Schneiderlin, so I guess Sandro will leave)
BAE
Khumalo
Obika
[plus a few 'kids' on loan to balance the numbers]

I was going to say also flog Dembele or Paulinho as I dont think we need both however I would keep til Jan to see whether Poch can improve either. Similarly, I wouldnt flog Townsend or Lennon yet - would rather see who converts to Poch's way of thinking and playing the best

I don't feel excited by any of the signings we are being linked with. I think they are all about the same standard as the players we've got and I'd rather keep going with the ones we have. Unless we spend 25m plus on a real talent I don't see the point. Happy to see Bentaleb, Dier (centre back) and Chadli in the team for the rest of the season. Really like how young our side is and how they can grow together. Welbeck, Remy, Schneiderling, Rodriguez, I just don't see that much point. I'd rather see our team grow. I'm probably blinded by how happy and cohesive they all looked on Sunday though!

Why is everybody so keen to write off so many talented but under performing players? What makes it worse is that they want to replace them with players that they have hardly ever seen play!

Signing new players is not always the solution and time and time again we make this mistake.

Townsend for example: He had a great 6 months at QPR followed by a great 6 months at WHL before he got injured. Since then nobody has really played that well!

He is young, has certainly not peaked yet and like anybody who wants to play can adapt his style of play to fit various systems.

He for me has shown enough potential to at least give him another season. At the very worst a loan spell at a PL club.

Back