• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Discussion Thread

Napoli are reigniting their attempts to sign Tottenham midfielder Sandro after Marouane Fellaini’s injury.

The Partenopei have signed Jonathan de Guzman from Villarreal, but are still looking for another midfield reinforcement.

According to Sky Sport Italia, Rafa Benitez’s side have picked up the old conversation with Spurs for Sandro.

Rapid developments are not expected, as Napoli will hold off on any decision until after the second leg of their Champions League play-off with Athletic Bilbao on Wednesday.

Entry into the tournament will have a decisive knock-on effect for Napoli’s transfer strategy.

The first leg ended 1-1 at the Stadio San Paolo.

Fellaini had been the hot favourite on loan from Manchester United, but this week the Belgian international suffered an ankle injury in training and was spotted on crutches.

It remains to be seen how long he’ll be out for, but Napoli are already looking elsewhere.

http://www.football-italia.net/54766/napoli-call-spurs-sandro

I've got an idea, at the close of this window Barcelona can't buy anyone until January 2016. They could buy some world class potential superstars and loan them to us for a year, they can have them back in the summer and other clubs won't buy them later on in the year

Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ 2m
More
Sky Sources: Southampton make a £12million bid for Tottenham's Andros Townsend.

Townsend, Dawson and Sandro out.

Fazio and Schneiderlin in.

Might even give us a small profit.

Well, interesting options, we will both overvalue MS/Townsend and the upside for Southampton will be much less.

Break even, drop size of squad by 1 and probably less in wages, not bad.

I don't want Schneiderlin, there I said it. Unnecessary, overpriced and means less Bentaleb. We have enough options there already, put the £20m towards a player we need.

I don't want Schneiderlin, there I said it. Unnecessary, overpriced and means less Bentaleb. We have enough options there already, put the £20m towards a player we need.

Surely, if we sell Sandro, we need another centre mid who is capable defensively.

Take Sandro out of the squad, then say Capoue gets injured for 3 months...we go through with Bentaleb, Holtby and Dembele as the options? Seems a bit fragile to me.

If we sell Sandro, signing Schneiderlin makes a lot of sense.

NOT ITK IN ANY WAY…this just me having a bit of fun and speculating…I'd say the most likely outgoings are Dawson (not rocket science as Bruce has confirmed bid), Naughton, Sandro and Paulinho. Sandro, I fear, doesn't fit, and Paulinho? Well, I believe there's a player in there but we need to make the squad a bit smaller and I can see him being a player who can attract Italian money. I could then see Schneiderlin coming in.

NOT ITK IN ANY WAY…this just me having a bit of fun and speculating…I'd say the most likely outgoings are Dawson (not rocket science as Bruce has confirmed bid), Naughton, Sandro and Paulinho. Sandro, I fear, doesn't fit, and Paulinho? Well, I believe there's a player in there but we need to make the squad a bit smaller and I can see him being a player who can attract Italian money. I could then see Schneiderlin coming in.

IMo, Naughton won't be going anywhere until Yedlin arrives here, particularly with Walker's fitness problems.

Guess for the transfer window finale?

Dawson,Chiriches,Sandro,Townsend Out

Fazio,Schneiderlin,Wellbeck In

Guess for the transfer window finale?

Dawson,Chiriches,Sandro,Townsend Out

Fazio,Schneiderlin,Wellbeck In

In - Musacchio
Out - Dawson, BAE, Obika, Khumalo
Loans - Fryers, Mason, Fredericks, Veljkovic, Ceballos

I don't think anything will happen at CM or LWF now this window.

I don't dislike him at all, but he's currently 7th in our CM pecking order.

We don't know that.

He played very well in pre season. There's no reason at all why he couldn't play the Bentaleb role - perhaps better than Bentaleb.

So who's ahead of Mason in the pecking order? Of Capoue, Bentaleb, Paulinho, Sandro, Dembele and Holtby, the only one who currently looks to have cemented a place in the team is Capoue. Sandro, sadly, looks to be on his way out. Dembele and Paulinho have much to prove under Poch and big doubts remain as to their suitability to the way he wants us to play. And Holtby, for some reason, doesn't seem to have won the admiration of any Spurs manager he has played under. Bentaleb is the man in possession of that second midfield berth at the moment but he showed yesterday that he still has much improving to do and that we shouldn't overplay him or rely on him too much.

As I said, I get the feeling that Poch liked what he saw of Mason in pre season. Poch is a manager with a history of promoting players from within the ranks if he deems them good enough. And Mason has always been good - just hampered by a slight frame and injuries in his early years. He's toughened up now and, at 23, certainly has the maturity to go with his talent. And he is, IMO, far better suited to how Poch wants us to play than either Dembele or Paulinho.

So, if he can remain injury free, I think he can play a key part in our season - even if we sign Morgan Schneiderlin. He'd probably get mostly Europa League and other cup game appearances at first. But maybe more PL games as the season progresses.

I certainly hope so.

Back