• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Discussion Thread

Re: Last week of transfer window: who realistically would you like to see go and come

Why is everybody so keen to write off so many talented but under performing players? What makes it worse is that they want to replace them with players that they have hardly ever seen play!

Signing new players is not always the solution and time and time again we make this mistake.

Townsend for example: He had a great 6 months at QPR followed by a great 6 months at WHL before he got injured. Since then nobody has really played that well!

He is young, has certainly not peaked yet and like anybody who wants to play can adapt his style of play to fit various systems.

He for me has shown enough potential to at least give him another season. At the very worst a loan spell at a PL club.

Instant...gratification...must...have...shiny...new...toys culture

Re: Last week of transfer window: who realistically would you like to see go and come

Encouraging as it was watching us destroy QPR, it was QPR, and they were poor. I wish we'd had a tougher game before the transfer window closes to get a better idea of exactly where we are, as that might have made our transfer needs clearer.

However, as it is:

In:
A striker who is better/different to our existing strikers.
Cover/competition for Kaboul (equally pacy).

[I don't think we will get Schneiderlin]

Out:
Soldado
Anyone else Poch thinks is surplus to requirements.

Out:
Sandro
Daws
BAE

In:
Schneiderlin
A. Striker who we are linked to at the last minute
A #levytime special

We need a team player, from what I've heard from a couple of Arsenal supporters he was sold because of being a bit of an a*** in the dressing room. Pinch of salt required, coming from Arsenal fans .;)

Everyone who goes there seems to be a but of one though - funny how the ones that end up here seem to be ok....

If the quotes regarding Pochetinos wish of 25 players is true I would be happy with adding a CB, DM/CM, AM and a striker with pace, to complement our current crop, to the 21 listed below. Strengthening the spine is never a bad thing in IMO. As long as MoPo gets some players he feels he can work with I don't have any preferences.

Lloris
Vorm
Friedel

Kaboul
Vertonghen
Dier
Fazio
Veljković

Walker
Rose
Davies

Sandro
Capoue
Dembélé
Bentaleb

Lennon
Eriksen
Lamela
Chadli
Kane

Soldado
Adebayor

Leaving Paulinho, Daws, Naughton, Holtby, Townsend and Chiriches as surplus to requirement. Would be very optimistic to believe we could unload all of these players in the last week though.

Both Verts and Dier/Kaboul can deputize the LB/RB areas which would be few in numbers in my scenario. Kane could probably do a decent job up top as well.

Last edited:
There's no chance we'll get rid of Naughton, at least until Yedlin arrives, imv of course.

Lloris
Vorm
Friedel

Walker
Naughton

Rose
Davies

Vertonghen
Dier

?Fazio?
Kaboul

Capoue
Dembele

?Schneiderlin?
Bentaleb

Lamela
Townsend

Eriksen
Lennon

?Wellbeck?
Chadli

Adebayor
Soldado
Kane

That gives us 24 plus Paulhino.

Sandro, Dawson, Chirches being the ones which make way.

Lennon, Townsend, Naughton and Kaboul all players that can be upgraded in the future - Yedlin already in for Naughton it seems, possibly J.Rodriguez for one of Lennon/Townsend - maybe a return for Mussachio if possible at the end of the season.

I shpuld be a DoF :D

I'd like to see us clear out some of the fringe players that truly have no hope of the first team e.g. Obika - what is the point of him being in the squad. Not young, been out on loan for years etc. Same with Khumalo.

Also BAE won't play this season unless we have a monsterous injury crisis so be good to offload him as well.

In :

Fazio
a DM, possibly Schnerderlin , i'd take Song as well (If Sandro is sold)
a CM (If Holtby is sold)
Similar player to Townsend if he is sold ( after watching the game against West Ham i hope we keep him , decision making looked better though its only one game. Could cause the opponent a big problem with his directness, his speed and his shot when he comes in as a sub. )
a ST (If Soldado is sold / loaned)

Out :

Sandro
Chiriches
Holtby ( personally i'd keep him but looks like he is out of Pochettino's favor)

Youngers go on loan : Obika, Mason , Fredericks

If he's sold we could get a upgrade or better replacement who is much suitable to our system : Paulinho

I dun really care : Khumalo

In: Isco in a shocking deadline day loan deal. Too unlikely and too many facts (& common sense) against it to rule out.
I can see Jim White "understanding" it 100 times a minute, the kids going crazy at the entrance of the training ground behind the sky sports bloke, who reports a helicopter landing at 11 PM.
I know Poch said we are not looking to sign any attacking player this summer, but it's going to be a VDV-esque gift from Levy to MoPo.

Window seems to have died down a bit, think that usually happens with matches so close to the end of the window. Monday could be crazy mind.

Be interesting to see who doesn't play over the weekend.. Rumours will fly.

The Mirror claim Crystal Palace are set to sign Zeki Fryers for a fee of around £3 million.
-

not really good enough for us really. PROFIT though.

I wonder if we'll also sell Chiriches.

Kaboul/Dier---Vert/Fazio

Vejlikovic as the youngster. No real need for Chiriches imo.

Back