• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Discussion Thread

I like Townsend and hope he stays. It's a long season, I think he's a better winger than Lennon, so we'll need him. I expect him to start on Thursday for example, and it wouldn't amaze me if he started against QPR as well.

In which case find another thread to do it in because it has nothing to do with the subject of this one and frankly, constant slating of players and the club gets a little boring.

this is the general transfer discussion thread......general implies that anything goes i assume. Take a look at every page in this thread and you will see all players, all subjects covered. Seriously milo, i dont see why you need to interfere. If you find the constant slating boring, then just ignore it. There is no aggression towards other posters, no swearing, just people with different views. I dont like Chadli, Spursalot does. I respect what he says even if the opposite of what i feel.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Townsend and hope he stays. It's a long season, I think he's a better winger than Lennon, so we'll need him. I expect him to start on Thursday for example, and it wouldn't amaze me if he started against QPR as well.

He's got most of the ingredients; pace, decent strength on the ball, two decent feet, he's confident and direct.

The only thing he's really missing is consistently good decision making, and that's something that I believe can be coached and should also develop with experience with maturity.

I understand why he's seemingly not rated by many but I'd be loath to let him go just yet.

Slightly surprised at Saints' offer bearing in mind the impressive debut from Tadic yesterday. I guess it keeps the channels of communication open between the clubs, but also it could be clever on their part; we deny their offer for Andros so they claim to Morgan that we're not playing ball.

Why are you posting this link from 9 days ago? Already been discussed and dismissed. Is it a vain attempt to make your Chadli hate relevant to this thread?

hate????:lol: oh dear.

just because i said he was sh!te :) ok next time il be less harsh

yes id rather he go than Townsend..........Townsend has more quality to work with imo

actually i simply gave Spursalot the link he asked for. I thought it was the decent and honorable thing to do. Our conversation was yesterday. Why is that a problem to you?

seriously, like i said to Milo, if you find what i say unacceptable, just ignore it. Why constantly get on my back if i say something negative about a player? I dont see it written anywhere "positive only posts", or "general transfer positive only discussion thread"

il list the players im negative about......Naughton, Fryers, Rose, Chiriches, Sandro, Lennon, Chadli, Paulinho. Do you really think these multi millionaire footballers give a flying fcuk what a bloke called indianspur posts about them on the glory glory forum??:lol: lets get real here

this is the general transfer discussion thread......general implies that anything goes i assume. Take a look at every page in this thread and you will see all players, all subjects covered. Seriously milo, i dont see why you need to interfere. If you find the constant slating boring, then just ignore it. There is no aggression towards other posters, no swearing, just people with different views. I dont like Chadli, Spursalot does. I respect what he says even if the opposite of what i feel.
Part of my role as an admin is to keep conversation ticking over and on track. If someone is making posts that are off topic, posting something repetitively or just generally not making a positive contribution to conversations, part of our job is to step in and try and get things back on track.

My request wasn't unreasonable, I was hardly taking you to task and I wasn't the only person to comment. How about trying to make a bit more of a positive contribution from now on. No one is telling you that you have to like every player, every target or everything the club does but if you want to criticise at least give your reasons and do it in an appropriate thread.

Part of my role as an admin is to keep conversation ticking over and on track. If someone is making posts that are off topic, posting something repetitively or just generally not making a positive contribution to conversations, part of our job is to step in and try and get things back on track.

My request wasn't unreasonable, I was hardly taking you to task and I wasn't the only person to comment. How about trying to make a bit more of a positive contribution from now on. No one is telling you that you have to like every player, every target or everything the club does but if you want to criticise at least give your reasons and do it in an appropriate thread.

i understand what you are saying but the conversation was about Southampton's bid for Townsend, and all i did was chip in with my view that id rather they take Chadli, a player who plays in a similar position/role to Townsend, so hardly off topic. Also i qualified this by saying that Koeman has worked in Dutch football recently, has come up against Chadli, so obviously knows all about him............yes my first post was crude when i said Chadli was sh!te, but then i explained more what i dont like. There was no repetition, i think its the first time ive ever said anything against Chadli.

i do make positive contributions, and even when a player im negative about does well in a game then i will say well done etc......compare that to Scaramanga who will probably criticize Adebayor and Townsend even if Ade scores a hattrick and Townsend provides the assists for all 3 as well as scoring two himself :)

feels like we won't hear about incomings until we get some outgoings.

There's been no noises on that for a while has there. The latest seems to be:

- Dawson doesn't want to go to Hull
- Lazio have cooled on Kaboul, but he can sign a pre-contract for any club in January
- BAE is dossing around France and may be released
- Townsend is sought after but likely to be retained
- Chadli, Dembele and Paulinho probably haven't even been assessed properly by Poch

We're already over loaded in CM though, who would go if he came.

Not saying he's not good, but is he better than our existing options or other targets?

Yeah that's kinda what I meant with saying he's an interesting one. I'd actually have him over most of our current midfielders, especially as one of the deeper two midfielders in the 4231, but that would mean shifting a fair few others out and there's no way that we can do that now. It's really a case of him being the right player but it being the wrong time. Next summer with Poch knowing the squad, could've been the time but not this summer.

Yeah that's kinda what I meant with saying he's an interesting one. I'd actually have him over most of our current midfielders, especially as one of the deeper two midfielders in the 4231, but that would mean shifting a fair few others out and there's no way that we can do that now. It's really a case of him being the right player but it being the wrong time. Next summer with Poch knowing the squad, could've been the time but not this summer.

Yep, he'd certainly be a presence and good shield in the midfield 2 in a 4231 alongside either Capoue or Sandro.

I would be happy with Song if we cannot complete Schneiderlin. (Not saying they are exactly the same, but they would bring some of the same qualities).

Song? what's the point? lets just keep Sandro and Capoue rather then bringing in players that are not better than what we currently have.

Song? what's the point? lets just keep Sandro and Capoue rather then bringing in players that are not better than what we currently have.

I think Song is a much better passer than Sandro, and at least a much better passer than Capoue showed himself last season (although he was promising at the start and then later faded when he was clearly out of form so perhaps a bit too soon to judge).

To put it like this, would Barcelona with their passing style have signed Sandro? No chance, no how, no way. I know it hasn't exactly worked out for Song at Barca, but the fact that they even signed him should be a pretty clear indicated of what kind of level he is at on the ball.

Back