• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Discussion Thread

I don't even know who Moreno is except that Liverpool want him.

Doubt it's true.

But I imagine left back has been identified as a big area for us. Especially in Pochetinnos system as neither Rose or Ekotto are up to scratch.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Fapatalk

@LeeClayton_: Breaking: Spurs offer for Moreno of Seville: £14m plus Soldado (loan) and giving them Capoue (retaining 50 per cent re-sale)

So we loan our £26m striker, throw in our £9m CM and pay £14m, to get a defender valued at a maximum £16m.

Only the Daily Nazi could make that up

He is a good left back who would be an upgrade on what we have. Can't see us offering all that though. Unless we're just giving them Soldado and Capoue (and not offering them actually any money)

He is a good left back who would be an upgrade on what we have. Can't see us offering all that though. Unless we're just giving them Soldado and Capoue (and not offering them actually any money)

That's still £35m worth (better than £49m like suggested). That would make him about the most expensive FB ever.

Leaving the rather dubious transfer fee/loan nonsence to one side, what sort of a player is Moreno?

To be honest if he is even half decent it will be an upgrade on Rose.

So we loan our £26m striker, throw in our £9m CM and pay £14m, to get a defender valued at a maximum £16m.

Only the Daily Nazi could make that up

I wouldn't be at all surprised if there is truth in us being interested in the player. The journalist has probably then just made the rest up regarding our offer.

Straight swap for Soldado would probably be about right and I would be more than happy with that deal.

Leaving the rather dubious transfer fee/loan nonsence to one side, what sort of a player is Moreno?

To be honest if he is even half decent it will be an upgrade on Rose.

Never seen him play myself, but according to a friend of mine who has he's a very good attacking full back. Somewhat suspect defensively, but with age on his side that could improve. Bombs forward a lot and has played as a winger too at times.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if there is truth in us being interested in the player. The journalist has probably then just made the rest up regarding our offer.

Straight swap for Soldado would probably be about right and I would be more than happy with that deal.

I can see us being interested, but we won't be able to compete with Liverpool this summer. Ben Davies or Dodo will be more our league this year.

I wouldn't be tempted to trade him for Soldado at all though. Decent LBs are two-a-penny. But elite strikers are ridiculously hard to come by (and hugely overinflated price wise). Remember it actually took us 5 years and about £90m to get back to having two elite forwards again in Ade and Soldado after Berbs and Keane left.

That Swiss dude who plays in Germany would be good. Wolfsburg maybe? Saw him in a couple of games and looked a beast. No idea if his name?

Ricardo Rodriguez. But he'll cost close to £20m, as Wolfsburg aren't exactly short on cash.

I can see us being interested, but we won't be able to compete with Liverpool this summer. Ben Davies or Dodo will be more our league this year.

I wouldn't be tempted to trade him for Soldado at all though. Decent LBs are two-a-penny. But elite strikers are ridiculously hard to come by (and hugely overinflated price wise). Remember it actually took us 5 years and about £90m to get back to having two elite forwards again in Ade and Soldado after Berbs and Keane left.

I agree with you right up to the point where you said 'elite strikers'.... We're talking about Soldado here. A guy who scored fewer goals from open play last season than Harry Kane - and also looked generally less threatening than Kane did as well (unless we're talking about throwing sly elbows at players and being lucky to avoid a red card).

Of that £90 million or so we've spent since selling Keane and Berbatov, I think every single one of the forwards we signed prior to Soldado was a better buy. If he had cost £2.5 million instead of £25 million I reckon that people would've been far more likely to admit that he was rubbish. We are lucky that Soldado still probably has a decent reputation in Spain so we can still get a reasonable amount back on him. I think we should take advantage of that as if he has another season like his last one then he'll be worth nothing at all.

Never seen him play myself, but according to a friend of mine who has he's a very good attacking full back. Somewhat suspect defensively, but with age on his side that could improve. Bombs forward a lot and has played as a winger too at times.
Cheers.

Tottenham are refusing all offers for Erik Lamela and goalkeeper Hugo Lloris.

Napoli and Inter Milan have both tried to take Lamela back to Italy while Paris St Germain and Roma have designs on Lloris.

Yet Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino sees both as pivotal to his plans.

Argentine Lamela could finally blossom under compatriot Pochettino and is keen to finally replicate the Serie A form he showed with Roma that attracted so many suitors.

Tottenham have given him permission to train with former club River Plate but have rebuffed loan offers and want him to play a more active part in the first team.

Lloris is highly valued and his presence may also have a bearing on who Tottenham bring in as an understudy with the likes of Cardiff goalkeeper David Marshall unlikely to get a significant run apart from in cup competitions should he join.

Napoli are continuing to court Tottenham over Brazilian midfielder Sandro while Chelsea's pursuit of Paulinho could yet be revived depending on their talks with the respective clubs of Cesc Fabregas, Koke and Paul Pogba.

www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...-Mauricio-Pochettino-refuses-offers-pair.html

Tottenham are refusing all offers for Erik Lamela and goalkeeper Hugo Lloris.

Napoli and Inter Milan have both tried to take Lamela back to Italy while Paris St Germain and Roma have designs on Lloris.

Yet Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino sees both as pivotal to his plans.

Argentine Lamela could finally blossom under compatriot Pochettino and is keen to finally replicate the Serie A form he showed with Roma that attracted so many suitors.

Tottenham have given him permission to train with former club River Plate but have rebuffed loan offers and want him to play a more active part in the first team.

Lloris is highly valued and his presence may also have a bearing on who Tottenham bring in as an understudy with the likes of Cardiff goalkeeper David Marshall unlikely to get a significant run apart from in cup competitions should he join.

Napoli are continuing to court Tottenham over Brazilian midfielder Sandro while Chelsea's pursuit of Paulinho could yet be revived depending on their talks with the respective clubs of Cesc Fabregas, Koke and Paul Pogba.

www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...-Mauricio-Pochettino-refuses-offers-pair.html

That is, at least, a story that is nice to believe

Back