• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Could watch Bale highlights for days. It's amazing how many penalty appeals we had turned down in this one. I miss this team. Hate to say it, but I miss Modric as well.

[video=youtube;YaXC1BS-kh0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaXC1BS-kh0[/video]

I dont think if even the most optimistic Spurs fan ever thought we might turn that 4-0 deficit around. But it always makes me wonder what if? had we been awarded that penalty in the first few mins.

Also that pass from Dawson on 40secs and Bale's pull down, amazing!

No the worst is still to come.
A lot of people have come to the conclusion that he's staying but Real will come in a pay the money.
This place will be in meltdown.

well we will just have to get on with it if he goes.....

if he goes I think we will be ok if he stays with the new additions we could be in business this year.....

I think the most of us will handle it if he goes - I feel like I have prepared myself mentally for it....... we just wait for now

If Bale goes, Spurs need to setup a Spurs Bale helpline so many fans will be destroyed by him leaving I think

Could watch Bale highlights for days. It's amazing how many penalty appeals we had turned down in this one. I miss this team. Hate to say it, but I miss Modric as well.

I miss the way we played under Harry, entertaining or what

No the worst is still to come.
A lot of people have come to the conclusion that he's staying but Real will come in a pay the money.
This place will be in meltdown.

it won't be too bad as i think, as you say, most people think Bales not going because Real won't offer anything close to what we'd be happy selling for. i bet most people would begrudgingly sell Bale for an offer in the region of £90 mil (assuming we get in a Lamela or Willian type replacement) he's only one player and now we have set up that thinks further than the end of the season then hat sort of wedge could potentially do us more than having one top class player

Who: Jasper
Where: SO
When: 13/8/13

Father Joe is doing a one off. I liken it to Jack Walker and Blackburn, his dream was to see his club win the EPL in his lifetime. I am not saying this is Joe Lewis' one wish but he has clearly made it known that the money is there, and targets were discussed in meetings and concluded with his full backing. I did comment a while back that there is big money, and may I just add it is not at all dependent on Bale's sale either now or in 12 months time.

I do not believe that RM has that money sitting in the bank but time will tell. I believe that we have set a price which is realistic in club's eyes and I believe them when they say he will not be sold. I expect us to break our record again if clubs can agree, and wages now not a problem for the right players. with all the lurkers around safe not to name drop but most is out in the public domain now.

Sharing as I believe we want to know and my take on what I have heard from highly reliable sources.

He wants success and trophies and believes with many factors like 3 new managers among T4 (top 4), and Fair play, new money and American agreement soon to come out this is the time

Mega agreement in pipeline commercially.

I miss the way we played under Harry, entertaining or what

I really think it came down to us having a great balance to our team that year. We had great natural width and pace with Bale left, Lennon right. Modric pwned everyone in midfield. VdV was the dynamic creative spark that we desperately need now and Crouch was a solid target man. The back four was solid as well. The more I think of it, the more I miss that team.

Compare that to now.. We've got 8 players trying to use the center of the pitch, constantly getting in each others way as well as a loss of creativity in midfield (although to be fair it'd be tough on any team to lose the likes of Modric and VDV and still have that same creativity). But hopefully AVB can find that symmetry this year. It'll take some doing, but I think we have the pieces (apart from a creative CM.. which is kind of a big one come to think) to get back to that balanced side we once put out.

Last edited:

^ i don't think the side/squad we had last season was close to what AVB would have wanted in terms of quality and balance and was considerably changed from that of the season prior - a drop off in style was always on the cards (imv) hopefully the squad we are building right now will be closer to what he wants and we'll see a much better reflection of how he wants us to play.

I doubt if we'll see a return to the style which we had under Redknapp in his last season but if we can trade that for more consistency/back bone then it'd be worth it imv (as long as it's not un-watchable anti football that is)

Bale's one definitely wasn't a pen. Think we were looking for it in all but one of those appeals tbh.

I'm still of the opinion that R. Madrid won't be able to afford the amount up front that we'll be asking for and he'll stay. Having said that, I think it's possible to take certain things in conjunction and add them up in such a way as to come to the opposite conclusion: Bale's relaxed smiles recently, in contrast to his demeanour a fortnight ago; Real's apparent cooling off and relatively conciliatory tone in the press in the past week compared with the brickstorm that went before; the utter silence from Levy, who was giving interviews to SSN, Redknapp stylee, through the window of his Range Rover at the height of the Modrić-to-Chelsea story, saying we weren't going to be selling. All this, and meanwhile, we're spending record amounts on players. I wouldn't wonder at anyone suggesting that lot might add up to our already having agreed to the move happening on 1 September.

The Sun:

GARETH BALE has told Wales team-mates: “ I ’ ll not wear a Spurs shirt again. ”

The midfielder is determined to move to Real Madrid and is dismayed Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy has rejected their world-record £81million...

The rest is for subscribers only.

The Sun:

GARETH BALE has told Wales team-mates: “ I ’ ll not wear a Spurs shirt again. ”

The midfielder is determined to move to Real Madrid and is dismayed Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy has rejected their world-record £81million...

The rest is for subscribers mugs only.

:ross:

Just to point out, he was wearing one last week whilst doing the tele intro's for BT and SKY. haha

Back