• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

The dream is Bale stays for his whole career, several years of which are in the new stadium from where we compete for titles in a financial fair play, post Fergie world.

We have to rule that out. Bale deserves his showcase wherever his talent takes him. I hope he can take us up with him though. Help us achieve some success before he moves on. The dream for me is that he genuinely loves the club. Even if he leaves, I hope he'll talk of one day returning.

I reckon Bale will leave at 26, once his Daughter is a bit older. Would love if he came back though, Teddy style. But would love it even more if he could achieve everything with us. Who knows, he could always do a Barmby and sign for his local team, ie Cardiff, under pressure from the MRS.

I think we'll have to let him go eventually. He's been good to us, and he's been loyal. Apparently, he plans to stick around for a while yet. So if we're still not competing for (And winning) the honours he deserves, when he eventually asks for a move I'd like to think we would do right by him, as he's done right by us. I'm positive he wouldn't do a 'Judas', and would give us plenty of advance warning of his intentions, so we'd also stand to earn the money we think he's worth.

But of course, all this assumes we won't be in contention for the big prizes.

This is where AVB has to work his magic. Get us competing, Andre. That's the key.

Mr.Levy, you are not excluded from this earnest plea.

Are Tottenham turning Gareth Bale into
a target?

Take Bale out of Spurs this season and they’d be mid-table.

I don’t think the Premier League has seen a better example of a one-man team. He has transformed games and won loads of points for them.

Enlarge
Target man: Tottenham's Gareth Bale is the subject of a strong tackle by James Perch of Saudi Sportswashing Machine

So how do you stop him? This weekend we’ve seen some horrendous fouls again, the worst of which was Lee Cattermole’s first-minute butchering of Aaron Ramsey.
I desperately hope that no player goes out thinking they’ll 'put one on Bale' as a way of taking him out of the game and keeping Spurs quiet.

Not only will it rob us of a chance to see a terrific player but it will also speed his departure abroad.

--------------------------------------

Courtesy of Adrian Durham.

Arghhhhhhh ](*,)

The scum last year. Durham is a ****. A **** with a short memory.

The scum last year. Durham is a ****. A **** with a short memory.

He's the least serious journo ever. I wouldn't worry about what he says, literally everything he says is a contradiction and I've got that from literally the 5 mins I manage to listen through before turning over. Last year Bale was overrated by far. Modric and VDV is better than him, so by that logic Harry had a greater side, now AVB is lucky to have Bale dragging him through to get fourth... Supposedly he's achieved nothing.

The guy is a clown.

He knows, that's exactly why he's making these claims. The gullible ones will eat it up and phone in.

Spot on. There is a whole host of journalists in print, online and broadcast media who just spout sh*t to provoke a reaction. If someone did the same of on a forum they'd be dismissed a troll or a WUM.

He's the least serious journo ever. I wouldn't worry about what he says, literally everything he says is a contradiction and I've got that from literally the 5 mins I manage to listen through before turning over. Last year Bale was overrated by far. Modric and VDV is better than him, so by that logic Harry had a greater side, now AVB is lucky to have Bale dragging him through to get fourth... Supposedly he's achieved nothing.

The guy is a clown.

He deliberately goes against popular opinion too. He likes Emirates Marketing Project because he's aware that everyone else hates them, you can hear the pain in his voice whenever they lose. He sticks up for Chelsea regularly.

He's set his stall out on AVB, if we finish 4th, it will be all down to the fact that he inherited a good team. He'll slate him if we don't get top 4. He can't win.

He also never, ever admits he got something wrong.

But I do like it when he lays into Arsenal. He really does have it in for them. But then again, he knows they have a big fanbase, a large number of whom are likely to ring the show.

Bale.png

Am I wrong in saying that when Ronaldo was Bales age he was scoring 31 premier league goals in one season?

Yeah that's right, this was generally the team he was playing in:

Van Der Sar
Brown Rio Vidic Evra
Carrick Scholes Hargreaves
Ronaldo Tevez Rooney​

The front three switched a lot but it was a pretty dominant team, think four or five of his tally were from the spot but it was still an amazing season from him.

Crazy!

I would LOVE it if Bale could even reach 20 league goals, 30 is just a crazy achievement. Imagine Bale in that Man Utd team though. I still don't think after looking at those stats that we are a one man team though. He has 1 assist all season. I do think if Bale were to take our penalties, he'd score all of them so if we got about 2 or 3 penalties a season that'd boost him up. I remember most of Ronaldos goals were tap ins. Bale doesn't tend to get in them positions, mainly because our wingers (usually him) aren't putting balls across the face of goal enough.

Last edited:

He only has one(cross to Lennon at home to Liverpool). He should have two but Vertonghen's goal away to Man Utd was ruled out for some dumb reason. I don't like assist stats, anyone who watches him sees he creates numerous good chances per game but our other players waste them.

Back