• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Levy to give him credit will only sell a player like Bale if forced to

I'm not concerned that Levy would force a move to cash in ...

What does 'being forced to' mean? You mean two years left on his contract so Levy is 'forced' to sell? or you mean Bale handing in a transfer request?

Having read some other teams' forums, Bale is hilariously underrated. I think he needs to put in a request for a nationality change. Football hipsters these days ...

The thing is also I actually think he was poor against Noocastle bar the last 15 mins when AVB changed his position slightly and also when BAE came on. He has played better this season

Is there anyone left who still thinks Bale will ultimately end up at left back?

Funny enough Redknapp still thinks this. I believe he will end up as a CF. His left foot is just too devestating to allow him to solely cross with it. The amount of times he gets it on target is unreal.

Funny enough Redknapp still thinks this. I believe he will end up as a CF. His left foot is just too devestating to allow him to solely cross with it. The amount of times he gets it on target is unreal.

LOL, Redknapp, the so called mastermind behind Bale's rise to prominence.. so says Durham.

Personally been saying since that Inter game that he will do a Drogba, move from fullback to lead the attack.

Latest rumour is that Bale will go to Real Madrid for £38m this summer.

Now, I'm not saying he's quite as good as Ronaldo (at least, not yet) but the idea he's worth less than half of what they paid United for CR? Very silly. I desperately want us to hang onto Bale - and all of our best players - so that we can mount a title challenge over the next couple of years. Selling him would be a huge step backwards.

Latest rumour is that Bale will go to Real Madrid for £38m this summer.

Now, I'm not saying he's quite as good as Ronaldo (at least, not yet) but the idea he's worth less than half of what they paid United for CR? Very silly. I desperately want us to hang onto Bale - and all of our best players - so that we can mount a title challenge over the next couple of years. Selling him would be a huge step backwards.

If we get CL could we be seeing Higuan as part of any deal perhaps?

I'm actually starting to think that, the better Bale becomes, the less likely he is to go to Real Madrid, because he's developing more and more into a Ronaldo type player, with his best position being no position at all, with the freedom to roam wherever he thinks he can influence the game the most, and you can't really have two players like that in one team. If he went there, he'd be strictly a left sided midfielder and he'd never take another free-kick again.

I think Bale is motivated primarily by a desire to constantly improve and while he's doing that here, and we've got CL football, I think he'll be happy here, and then when Ronaldo's on the wane, go to Madrid then as his replacement.

£38m? Not a chance. I can see Bale signing a renewed contract before the season is out and if he is sold it'll be for £50m+

Gareth Bale makes Garth Crooks' Team of the Week...

MIDFIELD - GARETH BALE (Tottenham)

A1753_zpscc94b3a2.jpg

Once Gareth Bale got the ball under control, Saudi Sportswashing Machine's Fabricio Coloccini and Tim Krul had no chance.

That said he could have scored five.

It took two tremendous saves from Saudi Sportswashing Machine keeper Krul to deny Bale at least a hat-trick.

The Welsh wizard is looking Messi-like.

At the moment he unplayable.

In this form Real Madrid and Barcelona are certain to come in at some stage.

Did you know?

Bale attempted more shots (seven) than any other player this weekend and has now scored 10 goals in his last 12 Premier League appearances.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21405640

Ive always thought he could be turned from a left sided player into a striker a la Henry when Wenger turned from a winger into a striker..

Bale is the best finisher in the club by a long way curently, he has the lot, will be one of the top 3 players in the world

Bale is contracted until 2016. I think that he will stay if we get CL and make significant progress in challenging for the title next year. I also feel that he will want to play abroad before ending his career. Hopefully, that won't be until after the 2016 season when he will be 26/27.

The Official Premier League site insists on publishing some nonsense called the EA SPORTS PPI Top 5 from their sponsor, instead of proper Goal & Assists statistics.

Anyway, Gareth Bale appears in the Top 5 for the first time this season...

P0174_zps402a0d76.png

Are Tottenham turning Gareth Bale into
a target?

Take Bale out of Spurs this season and they’d be mid-table.

I don’t think the Premier League has seen a better example of a one-man team. He has transformed games and won loads of points for them.

Enlarge
Target man: Tottenham's Gareth Bale is the subject of a strong tackle by James Perch of Saudi Sportswashing Machine

So how do you stop him? This weekend we’ve seen some horrendous fouls again, the worst of which was Lee Cattermole’s first-minute butchering of Aaron Ramsey.
I desperately hope that no player goes out thinking they’ll 'put one on Bale' as a way of taking him out of the game and keeping Spurs quiet.

Not only will it rob us of a chance to see a terrific player but it will also speed his departure abroad.

--------------------------------------

Courtesy of Adrian Durham.

Arghhhhhhh ](*,)

Watching Bale with the ball in full speed reminds me of Ronaldo (the fat one). Ronaldo had a lot better techniques but both are/were breathtaking running at defenders. Bale is one of the players now that teams have to plan for and must do everything to prevent from accelerating to full speed.

The Official Premier League site insists on publishing some nonsense called the EA SPORTS PPI Top 5 from their sponsor, instead of proper Goal & Assists statistics.

Anyway, Gareth Bale appears in the Top 5 for the first time this season...

P0174_zps402a0d76.png

Evidence that left-footed players are more creative?

Watching Bale with the ball in full speed reminds me of Ronaldo (the fat one). Ronaldo had a lot better techniques but both are/were breathtaking running at defenders. Bale is one of the players now that teams have to plan for and must do everything to prevent from accelerating to full speed.

Which benefits the other players as everyone is so frightened of Bale that one or two are bound to be open in space and forgotten about by the opposition.

Back