• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

He may have been fouled, but that's not important. The way he went down today was deserving of a booking. Had it been another team we'd be up in arms.

surely its the most important thing?

if you are handing out bookings for the way things look rather than what actually happened its a whole different game

Jordinho, game stops when the foul is commited. He could do handstands with a triple salchow and it shouldn't matter.

What if the ref didn't think it was a foul? Having seen it in slo-mo I still think it was a dive. There;s no excuse for the way he didn't put his foot down, but went flying instead.

What if the ref didn't think it was a foul? Having seen it in slo-mo I still think it was a dive. There;s no excuse for the way he didn't put his foot down, but went flying instead.

Says it all really....

Well, its clear as day Sidwell puts his leg across Bale. Even if no contact, its clear obstruction, as Bale has tried to leap over. How that leap happens or ends doesn't mean jot, the ref should have already stopped play and given the free kick, or the very least seen if Tottenham had advantage and then brought the play back.

Ok, the clappping was silly and very risky. I've a few beers on board and am very happy with today's events. Don't want a ban for arguing with a Mod. But please lay off him, we're going to miss him when he's gone.

Ok, the clappping was silly and very risky. I've a few beers on board and am very happy with today's events. Don't want a ban for arguing with a Mod. But please lay off him, we're going to miss him when he's gone.

You don't get banned for arguing with a mod, but Bale has only himself to blame for his booking today.

What about Marcelo's dives against us? What about Ronaldo, Drogba? What about City's penalty today? What about professional football in general?

I think I'll just enjoy our best player while he's still here. I'll maybe yap about him when he's playing for Madrid against us, but not now.

This fudging Bale bashing by our fans gets on my tits.
Exactly, he's a class player and he doesn't dive he just goes down theatrically when clipped. IE he is actually fouled. It disgusts me that fans give lots of love to mediocre players like Parker yet slap of Bale and the likes of VDV when he played for us.

He may have been fouled, but that's not important. The way he went down today was deserving of a booking. Had it been another team we'd be up in arms.

Not me. Up in arms? Not at all. I was up in arms when I saw Cazorla do a triple roll on hitting the deck, clutching a body part that was about 4 feet from the tip of Adebayor's boot, which barely made contact with the player. Look, if Cazorla had hit the deck, rolled and then sat up/got up, fair enough. I understand WHY he jumped so high, he was trying to avoid a frankly stupid (but NOT malicious) challenge from Adebayor. My problem came with the triple roll and lying on the4 deck for 3 mins.

As for your first line, bold-faced, I love your work but that is ludicrous. How should he 'go down' when fouled? Do we have to now teach players who get fouled to 'go down' in a certain way when possible in order to get the correct decision?

This would be nothing to do with the way he went down if he hadn't previously been caught diving.
He's now seen as a diver for his past.
Refs aren't gonna give him the benefit of the doubt anymore.

Steff, take your Spurs tinted glasses off. There was contact, but he got himself the booking with his over the top reaction. There was no danger of him breaking his leg or getting seriously injured so don't wheel that excuse out. I hate it when people say "there was contact, it's a foul." Contact does not always equal a foul. If I pushed you with my little finger, is that a foul because there is contact?

He's one of my favourite players and I'm not saying he doesnt get clattered because he does, but he cheats and that's all there is to it.

I disagree mate. Sorry. I wish he'd managed to 'cheat' early in his career when his ankle got crunched in 2007 and he was out, and I wish he'd managed to 'cheat' when Adam did him and put him out for 3 months. 'Contact does not always equal a foul'...obviously not. But in this case, he was fouled. End of. I don't see why there's a debate. The ex-pros I've heard discuss the challenge say the same.

But it's a game of opinions...

You don't get banned for arguing with a mod, but Bale has only himself to blame for his booking today.

...in your opinion.
In the opinion of a whole slew of others, Chris Foy made a mistake, like the ref on Wednesday.
But anyway, we're running into this wall again, so let's agree to disagree and move forth?

Honestly, he should have been sent off for his clapping gesture,

Especially when it they same incompetent referee that sent Kaboul off for 2 yellows last year at Stoke, one of which was making a glasses gesture to him.

Especially when it they same incompetent referee that sent Kaboul off for 2 yellows last year at Stoke, one of which was making a glasses gesture to him.
Hahaha. Kaboul is a legend

60_kab_200x260_1421540a.jpg

fudgein refs. Both fouls but now a marked man. I could post gifs/pics of bales ankle twisted in turf after bad challenges from people like muamba and twice from Adam

Honestly, he should have been sent off for his clapping gesture,

Am I the only one who's glad Bale clapped the ref?

The guy is one of the most shocking referees I've ever seen and clearly has a massive anti-Spurs agenda. Someone needs to point it out to him, and I don't think the ball bag faced cvnt can hear me screaming at my tv.

Since when did you have to be touched to be fouled? Surely a foul is stopping someone in his tracks without getting the ball. The challenge yesterday totally cut across Bales path and that is a foul even if Bale did not go to ground. Bale tried to jump over the challenge but couldnt. What advantage was Bale getting by diving in that specific situation? not much if any.

Although he could have got a sending off because of the clapping (a second yellow) but to be honest I was doing the same too.

Unfortunately Bale is a marked man but I think with this being prominent on TV showing that bale did not actually dive it will help and make referees think twice before thinking he dived again

Back