• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

His entire game was compromised by that terrible decision today.
On Wednesday, it is no coincidence that Agger was the one who clipped him an then screamed in his face.
Absolutely. No question Bale was fouled both times he was booked this week, my point is someone needs to get into his head his theatrics do him no favours.

I think AVB should be on the phone to get a referee rep down to explain those two yellow cards. But do it behind the scenes, not in the media.

there is becoming a signal to noise issue here, yes diving is cheating, but so is kicking people, theatrics are irrelevant, a foul is a foul

There was absolutely nothing wrong with his booking today. Bale needs to take a long, hard look at himself.

I didn't think waving your hands in the air, as you fly through the air, after being fouled, was a bookable offence.

The thing is most of us probably don't run as fast as Gareth Bale with a football at our feet, so we don't know what happens when you get clipped running at high speed or whether you get to control your arms on the way back to the floor. He looked like he was trying to keep his balance during flight to me. I reckon if you clipped a decent 100m sprinter mid-race they might fly through the air a fair way, and wave their arms about a bit too.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with his booking today. Bale needs to take a long, hard look at himself.

Rubbish. It was a foul.

Yes, ideally he should have fallen over like a sack of potatoes, but he was fouled, in which case it is irrelevant how he fell to the ground. It looked ridiculous, and he should seriously cut that crap out, but a foul is a foul. Good referees should be able to spot that through the theatrics. Unfortunately, like today and like the Liverpool game, referees make mistakes based on players' reputation, which for Gareth should be a wake up call.

I am baffled by that. Are you trying to say that now, when fouled, a player needs to fall in the 'appropriately formed' heap on the floor? I can tell you, I didn't hear anyone knocking Santi Cazorla for not only going airbourne to avoid full Adebayor contact, but then triple rolling afterwards. Today's booking was my favourite buttplug.

there is becoming a signal to noise issue here, yes diving is cheating, but so is kicking people, theatrics are irrelevant, a foul is a foul
Of course theatrics should be irrelevant but clearly they're not. The noise is in the ears of incompetent referees who are obviously targeting him regardless of whether he's been fouled. Ipso facto the only way he's going to prevent it is by cutting out the theatrics.

If Premiership referees keep booking him when he is fouled then his move to Spain is going to happen a lot sooner than we'd like.

If Premiership referees keep booking him when he is fouled then his move to Spain is going to happen a lot sooner than we'd like.

Well said, Bale didn't dive TWICE, idiot reffing

he'll be off asap if this continues, well done numpty refs, NOT

This.

I think it's extraordinary.

He has been clattered for medium-serious injuries twice in his career. His game involves speed and strength. I can think of numerous times this season when, IF he was diving a la cheat, he'd have gone down like the titanic. I genuinely feel that many of his fiercest 'diving' critics have no comprehension of what it's like to be clipped at speed, let alone fouled, let alone get knobbled. Managers and 'some' oppostion (the Aggers and Adams of this world) have realized that a good way to stunt Bale in a game is to make no attempt to play the ball, take him down or make like you're going to, and then when he's on the deck scream at him loudly thus ensuring a yellow card, which in turn puts him on edge. It is becoming a heavily publicized fact that he has picked up yellow cards for supposed-diving, and now let's face it, this becomes a great way to check his influence on games. He was greatly stunted today by the card, as any run which ends in a foul but sees him on the floor could now end up a sending off? In the player's mind, he will get no protection. Sorry...today's booking was a disgrace, as was Wednesday's...

This.

He has been clattered for medium-serious injuries twice in his career. His game involves speed and strength. I can think of numerous times this season when, IF he was diving a la cheat, he'd have gone down like the titanic. I genuinely feel that many of his fiercest 'diving' critics have no comprehension of what it's like to be clipped at speed, let alone fouled, let alone get knobbled. Managers and 'some' oppostion (the Aggers and Adams of this world) have realized that a good way to stunt Bale in a game is to make no attempt to play the ball, take him down or make like you're going to, and then when he's on the deck scream at him loudly thus ensuring a yellow card, which in turn puts him on edge. It is becoming a heavily publicized fact that he has picked up yellow cards for supposed-diving, and now let's face it, this becomes a great way to check his influence on games. He was greatly stunted today by the card, as any run which ends in a foul but sees him on the floor could now end up a sending off? In the player's mind, he will get no protection. Sorry...today's booking was a disgrace, as was Wednesday's...

well said again

disgraceful reffing

I made a mistake earlier in the day in the OMT

I was absolutely sure that he was on 3 bookings after today, but it is in fact 4

So he will get a 1 match ban at the next booking, unless he avoids a booking until december 31, when there is a booking amnesty cutoff.

But with the refs clearly having an eye on him, I dont think he will avoid a yellow card in december.

Totally agree with this post. If anyone's ever seen a tap tackle in rugby, particularly sevens, often it's nearly impossible to detect the contact even on the slow mo replay, but the tackled player, running full pace, goes flying. They're obviously not diving, what would they possibly have to gain?

This.

Absolutely. No question Bale was fouled both times he was booked this week, my point is someone needs to get into his head his theatrics do him no favours.

Theatrics? What about the tacklers who go down "injured" to make it look like an accident. Pure case of double standards.

Can you imagine Foy at the Euros or World Cup.

I am baffled by that. Are you trying to say that now, when fouled, a player needs to fall in the 'appropriately formed' heap on the floor? I can tell you, I didn't hear anyone knocking Santi Cazorla for not only going airbourne to avoid full Adebayor contact, but then triple rolling afterwards. Today's booking was my favourite buttplug.

He may have been fouled, but that's not important. The way he went down today was deserving of a booking. Had it been another team we'd be up in arms.

Steff, take your Spurs tinted glasses off. There was contact, but he got himself the booking with his over the top reaction. There was no danger of him breaking his leg or getting seriously injured so don't wheel that excuse out. I hate it when people say "there was contact, it's a foul." Contact does not always equal a foul. If I pushed you with my little finger, is that a foul because there is contact?

He's one of my favourite players and I'm not saying he doesnt get clattered because he does, but he cheats and that's all there is to it.

So is Foy to blame for the other times Bale has got booked for diving also?

What about his dive against Real Madrid? Honestly, there are so many examples I could cite its embarrassing. It's not an isolated incident.

What about Marcelo's dives against us? What about Ronaldo, Drogba? What about City's penalty today? What about professional football in general?

I think I'll just enjoy our best player while he's still here. I'll maybe yap about him when he's playing for Madrid against us, but not now.

This fudging Bale bashing by our fans gets on my tits.

Back