• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

After the 2 near misses in the last 2 seasons, the realisation that not being regular CL qualifiers was having a direct effect on the forward progress of the NDP, Levy and Lewis were at an impasse.

Levy wanted a manager with long term potential (obv not Redknapp), to hopefully see us through a stadium build. Luckily AVB's first season proved he wasn't a dud. So this season they decided to back the manager and shoot higher than 4th to try and guarantee that there was no disappointment next season with the added bonus that AVB would feel engaged and fully supported by the club.

There are many clever people at our club, that think things through and have realistic goals and level heads. We have a strategy that is to be admired, we know a new stadium is the beeches brook but at least it looks like we're gonna attempt to jump it.

Bale has been the fly in the ointment. Looking like he would stay for 1 more year, AVB told he would not be sold. Then all the RM sh*t. BUT they've obviously sat down weighed up all the outcomes, devised strategies and not a hint of internal blow-ups like so many other clubs. And like many of us are thinking, life without Bale may just be alright.

I think you just said what I did in another way ;)...thus yes, agreed!

Im same with you now, Id love him to stay but with who weve signed Im not sure im that bothered if he does go...

Its boring this whole saga now, would love to see him playing in this years team though, wow wow wee waa

:eek:...did you just sex wee?

I'm not paying to read the Sun but I guess that the 6 are Willian, Lamela, Chiriches, Nedelev, Alderweireld and Ince.
The names that the Sun have got, at least
No way we'll get them all though, it'd be overload.

im guessing it will be Willian, Lamela, Halilovic, Chiriches, Nedelev and finally one of L Damiao/ J Martinez/ L Muriel :eek: :)

Utd never directly replaced Ronaldo, but they made buys which kept them competitive and they still won league championships and other trophies

we cant directly replace Bale, but we can make the team and squad stronger overall and not be so reliant on one or two players

Exactly

Im same with you now, Id love him to stay but with who weve signed Im not sure im that bothered if he does go...

Its boring this whole saga now, would love to see him playing in this years team though, wow wow wee waa

Agree with that and Mossie above. Bored with the whole Bale thing now. If he stays great, if he goes let's just move on and get behind the new signings. Either way, CL here we come. Whey hey!

Am I reading this right? You think we need a world class keeper???

If so, I completely disagree. We have the best keeper in the league bar none. Hugo is exceptional. I was very sceptical about him when he came but he's outstanding.

HA!

No I mean Hugo IS a world class goalie!

IF there isn't a confirmed deal in place then surely Bale may have had his "head turned" BACK onto Tottenham, he would look a fool leaving for the political chaos of Madrids board and changing rooms just as Spurs turn into genuine cup and possibly league contenders.

There's also a very good chance we will be the neutrals team of choice this season and Bale would still be head and shoulders above everyone else in terms of the focus and attention. Fingers crossed Levy and AVB sat him down immediately after last seasons sunderland game and told him exactly what our intentions were.

The signings we made + Bale staying? Insanity :D

Which is why this Sunday every single fan in the stadium has to join in with a 5 min rendition of Bale Bale Bale Bale. Make him feel the love.

Which is why this Sunday every single fan in the stadium has to join in with a 5 min rendition of Bale Bale Bale Bale. Make him feel the love.

And I will join in on that from my window at home in north of Norway.... BALE.....BALE.....BALE.....BALE!

Please join in and let him know that in madrid he will ba a football player in Spurs he will be a GHod.

Hmmm... I can see this being a feature on GG - a bit like Paul the octopus during the last World Cup... prefer it not to be a sticky though! 8-[

:lol: Babywipes are your man. Can't beat babywipes.

Predictions from the Badgers A'Hole ......sort of like the Anti-Twunt.

Bale -Lamela

Hi guys, just wondering what the general preference is ..would we prefer to have Bale on Sep 1st but maybe against his will an not fully committed or would we prefer to have Lamela?

Re: Bale -Lamela

I'd still prefer Bale. I think he would knuckle down and still perform, better the devil you know and all that

Have both.

--------Sandro-Paulinho

Willian-------Bale--------Lamela

-----------Soldado-------------

Subs: Holtby, Lennon, Dembele, Capoue, Chadli, Defoe, Ade, Carroll.

That squad can compete.

Oh and defense also needs sorting out!

Have both.

--------Sandro-Paulinho

That squad can compete.

Wow. Sex wee wee

Have both.

--------Sandro-Paulinho

That squad can compete.

Now that really is a title contending team!

Back