• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

That was one of the unusual things about the Ronaldo deal. It was very clearly stated that Real would pay the full £80m into a United account on a specific date.

On the other hand, Levy could probably get a larger total in instalments.

I think it was to show that utd won't be screwed over.....in this date, this amount, end of.

Having the cash makes you the masters of your own destiny. Rather than waiting for RM to pay you an installment so that you can afford to buy a new player.

Never thought Bale will resort to tricks like refusing to join the team just to force us to sell him. All his image as a shy-type guy is suddenly gone. Won't mind if Levy and AVB refuse to sell him and force him to train with the reserves until he is ready to play for us again.

Never thought Bale will resort to tricks like refusing to join the team just to force us to sell him. All his image as a shy-type guy is suddenly gone. Won't mind if Levy and AVB refuse to sell him and force him to train with the reserves until he is ready to play for us again.

He's not. He's got an injury and it would be stupid for him to play on that pitch built on a car park.
He doesn't need to play tricks because we're not gonna turn down 100m plus euros.
He's going and he knows it and Levy knows it and Levy has no intention on risking the deal by letting Bale injure himself.
AVB is better off trying to plan for a team without Bale so its pointless playing him anyway.

I think it was to show that utd won't be screwed over.....in this date, this amount, end of.

Having the cash makes you the masters of your own destiny. Rather than waiting for RM to pay you an installment so that you can afford to buy a new player.

It took them 3 years to spend that money so it didnt really that they got it upfront in the end.

The saddest thing right now is that Spurs fans is starting to turn on Bale based on nothing but a lot of unsubstantiated rumours and speculation.

This constant brick stirring from Real and their partners in crime is now affecting even us, who support Spurs and support(ed) Bale. fudge that.

The saddest thing right now is that Spurs fans is starting to turn on Bale based on nothing but a lot of unsubstantiated rumours and speculation.

This constant brick stirring from Real and their partners in crime is now affecting even us, who support Spurs and support(ed) Bale. fudge that.

I think you have to blame Bale and his agent for this. Their names are openly being used by the media but they have kept silent so far. The least he could have done is to stay that he is a Spurs player now and won't comment on the rumours. Instead he has kept silent which has caused the fans to be restless. Even if Bale ends up staying at Spurs, I think it will take sometime for him to regain fans' affection like before.

It took them 3 years to spend that money so it didnt really that they got it upfront in the end.

It was convenient for the Glazers. Most United fans still believe that they didn't spend the money because Fergie didn't see value in the market ("A horse, a horse, a kingdom for my horse").

It doesn't make sense to me, but clearly the Real President sees value in making "world record" signings. Hopefully this goes through and we can benefit from the largesse.

However, in true Spurs fan style, I can't help but fear that having turned Bale's head, they will play hard-ball and offer far less. Conventional economics says this should be their strategy, but I'm hoping that the peculiar Real politics is the deciding factor.

P.S. I'd be very happy for Bale to turn around and reject the offers to stay with us. It just doesn't see a high probability scenario now. I can accept if he goes for silly money, but if they play dirty I'd be very annoyed.

Last edited:

I think you have to blame Bale and his agent for this. Their names are openly being used by the media but they have kept silent so far. The least he could have done is to stay that he is a Spurs player now and won't comment on the rumours. Instead he has kept silent which has caused the fans to be restless. Even if Bale ends up staying at Spurs, I think it will take sometime for him to regain fans' affection like before.

It really won't. If he turns up and plays against Palace the fans wouldn't care about the previous. Though i am not sure he'll be fit enough for that.

Football fans are extremely fickle.

Matt Lawton picked up on that five or six days ago. Said fans were getting angry at the way Bale was trying to leave, and hoped that when he did leave he wouldn't patronise Spurs with all that 'I loved the club and my time there' flimflam.

That fan anger's probably only going to get worse the more this drags on. And that's precisely because all the rumors about Bale are so openly displayed by all the major news outlets without a single clarification by Bale himself or his agent, leading fans to assume it's true. And when you add that up to his (Alleged) refusal to play against Monaco, even that buttock injury starts looking ever so slightly suspicious.

So I can see why Spurs fans are starting to turn on Bale. I hope that trend reverses (if we want to persuade our players to stay, the only thing we can do as fans is show them unconditional support, not turn on them), but it is understandable.

Everything is being reported as 'another step closer to completing his move'. What steps? What move? Nothing of any substance has happened, it's all just media gonad*s, which then becomes the source for further gonad*s.

Everything is being reported as 'another step closer to completing his move'. What steps? What move? Nothing of any substance has happened, it's all just media gonad*s, which then becomes the source for further gonad*s.

I agree with this, but I do think it's clear Bale wants to go and is pushing for the move. Whether he goes full on Berbatov remains to be seen, I'd hope he has a little more integrity to not go down that route.

Bale is gone and we'll get over it. Club before, club after.

We may actually play some outstanding football now

Err, what do you mean by that?? Bale stopped us playing good football??

No, but maybe we'll look a bit more balanced and willing to play some nice football. I don't think the football we played last year was perticularly pleasing on the eye. Maybe with some players in like Chadli and Paulinho for example we may look to pass and move a bit, especially if we get some new signings with Bale money.

But its not just gonad*s though its Bale's agent briefing the press. Its Tottenham's PR department briefing the press.
And there has been movement. We've gone from Levy saying fudge off to Madrid offering a load of players to Levy being ready to accept a ridiculous all cash offer.

I think he does have a point, it was basically Bale iso a lot of the time.

Yes, and whose fault was that? The other players were given plenty of opportunities to take responsibility for stepping up to the mark. Luckily Bale did otherwise our season would have been over mid-February.
Bale did his job, others were not good enough (or the team training/coaching not good enough) to do theirs.

Expecting that him going will almost free the others who were here last season to 'express themselves' is wishful thinking imo

Yes, and whose fault was that? The other players were given plenty of opportunities to take responsibility for stepping up to the mark. Luckily Bale did otherwise our season would have been over mid-February.
Bale did his job, others were not good enough (or the team training/coaching not good enough) to do theirs.

Expecting that him going will almost free the others who were here last season to 'express themselves' is wishful thinking imo

Yeah, because i suppose that is exactly what I said.

No, but maybe we'll look a bit more balanced and willing to play some nice football. I don't think the football we played last year was perticularly pleasing on the eye. Maybe with some players in like Chadli and Paulinho for example we may look to pass and move a bit, especially if we get some new signings with Bale money.

We should have more possession if we are playing a 433 this season.
As soon as Sandro was out of the team we struggled to dominate any game.
But I dont think Chadli is any more of a passer than Bale and we dont seem linked who anyone who is.

Back