• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

We should have more possession if we are playing a 433 this season.
As soon as Sandro was out of the team we struggled to dominate any game.
But I dont think Chadli is any more of a passer than Bale and we dont seem linked who anyone who is.

I agree regarding Sandro. Mainly because Dembele ended up playing deeper.

Bale is gone and we'll get over it. Club before, club after.

We may actually play some outstanding football now

I can see this too. If Bale leaves, the pundits/other clubs have said our level will drop... he was worth 20 points on his own yada yada yada

You may find that the team and AVB use this to really push on and stuff it down said pundits/gooner fans faces.

I certainly hope so anyway

Yeah, because i suppose that is exactly what I said.

Sorry, i'm confused. Are you saying that Bale going will make other players step up to the plate and play 'less brick'?
Or are you saying you were wrong in saying Bale stopped us playing more attractive football?

I can see this too. If Bale leaves, the pundits/other clubs have said our level will drop... he was worth 20 points on his own yada yada yada

You may find that the team and AVB use this to really push on and stuff it down said pundits/gooner fans faces.

I certainly hope so anyway

Hmmm, might be wishful thinking unless we get in a creative midfielder to supply own new attackers. Bale can and did paper over that creative crack and if that crack remains I doubt we can just paper over it as Bale did last year..

Never thought Bale will resort to tricks like refusing to join the team just to force us to sell him. All his image as a shy-type guy is suddenly gone. Won't mind if Levy and AVB refuse to sell him and force him to train with the reserves until he is ready to play for us again.

Well if you believe some wanabe on teletext then more fool you.

Hmmm, might be wishful thinking unless we get in a creative midfielder to supply own new attackers. Bale can and did paper over that creative crack and if that crack remains I doubt we can just paper over it as Bale did last year..

I don't think we need a creative midfielder. What we need is the players we do have to have better movement. The movement makes the pass.

I don't think we need a creative midfielder. What we need is the players we do have to have better movement. The movement makes the pass.

Ok true. But if they didn't have the movement last year, apart from up front with Soldado perhaps, why would they have it this year?

The saddest thing right now is that Spurs fans is starting to turn on Bale based on nothing but a lot of unsubstantiated rumours and speculation.

This constant brick stirring from Real and their partners in crime is now affecting even us, who support Spurs and support(ed) Bale. fudge that.

Only those fools who believe everything they read are turning on Bale, so i would not bother to much about them.

Last edited:

A change in system to the 4-3-3 that we looked far better playing when we used it last season.

Lee Scales ‏@MrLeeScales 18m

Just bumped into AVB in rascasse in Monaco said not to ask about bale... #THFC https://twitter.com/MrLeeScales/status/363407174510202880/photo/1

Funny that. I reckon if someone did bump in to AVB the first thing he would say is "Ask me about Gareth Bale. No, ask me. Anything. I'd love to talk about Gareth Bale."

Remind me of the games when we played this (I honestly can't remember, apart from Chelski away, and i'm sure Chelski dominated possession that game)

We switched to 4-3-3 against Emirates Marketing Project and went 3-1 up from 1-0 down.

Basel possibly? More towards the end. What stopped us was not our failures going forwards, but our failures in defence.

Think we played it 5-6 times, can't for the life of me remember the exact games any more, the season seemed so long ago. Looked far better though imo than when we tried 4-2-3-1.

We switched to 4-3-3 against Emirates Marketing Project and went 3-1 up from 1-0 down.

Basel possibly? More towards the end. What stopped us was not our failures going forwards, but our failures in defence.

Think we played it 5-6 times, can't for the life of me remember the exact games any more, the season seemed so long ago. Looked far better though imo than when we tried 4-2-3-1.

Overall I agree with this; I do have a bad feeling that we will be slightly worse this season in this area. Not sure if solid defence is overall AVB's strong point tbh.
Hopefully our attack can literally paper over those cracks anyway

Overall I agree with this; I do have a bad feeling that we will be slightly worse this season in this area. Not sure if solid defence is overall AVB's strong point tbh.
Hopefully our attack can literally paper over those cracks anyway

With a fit Kaboul alongside Jan and Sandro and Paulino in front of them i think we will be a lot stronger in defense.

1013717_460416050721041_634027088_n.jpg

“@BestfordC: According to Cadena Ser: "Levy has turned down Madrid's offer of 96m for #Bale & has told Madrid he's not for sale this summer at any price"”

“@BestfordC: Cadena Ser: "Levy told Madrid he'd accept that offer of 96m but if #Bale left NEXT summer, not this summer".”

“@BestfordC: Cadena Ser: "Levy promised #Bale he could leave for Madrid if we didnt get into CL this season & is angry as he feels Levy lied to him".”

“@BestfordC: Cadena Ser:"#Bale will give a press conference saturday or sunday to announce he wants to leave & Madrid expect deal to be done by monday".”

“@BestfordC: Cadena Ser: "When #Bale was told Levy turned down 96m he decided to give press conference probably tomorrow as he was promised he could go".”

Ah the return of the dreaded 'gentleman's agreement'

At least this 'itk' is easily verifiable.

Back