• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

At least we`re getting some advertising at the moment!

Under Armour must be loving it, we`re everywhere and the most expensive footballer in the world is wearing their mark.

You're not wrong mate. I wouldn't deny. It's because a few people here have been gunning for me since Harry Redknapp threads my friend...but I need to learn...

Im still hatching my plans - taking forever but need to be meticulous in my planning.

You're not wrong mate. I wouldn't deny. It's because a few people here have been gunning for me since Harry Redknapp threads my friend...but I need to learn...

Steff just out of interest can I ask you at this present time what do you reckon our chances are for keeping Bale??? percentage wise????

Believe me im not gunning for you I just want to know what you think are the lads chances of staying in your opinion. 100% no agenda.

You can't pass things as fact and then get "tired of the cynicism" when it looks like you might be wrong. Of course you're going to get called up on one of your countless posts if what you say turns out to be wrong.

Yes I can. And I did. Why don't you read the entire comment again, process it and move on.

Im sure avb and bale simply had a spot of cheescake and green tea together and nothing more...

either that or all this transfer talk has warped bale's fragile little mind....

Bale to AVB.... Andre I want to ...I I Im the scatman schmmmybobdibbobbobbob

Yes I can. And I did. Why don't you read the entire comment again, process it and move on.

Alright! Alright! Calmmm down calmmm down (said in Liverpudlian accent)

Put it this way, if i continued stating time and time again that there's no way something was happening, not a chance in hell, etc etc etc...i would fully expect posts directed at me pointing out i was wrong. You took it upon yourself to make these bold statements that you worded as FACT. Naturally people (me especially) would jump at these comments when it looks like the comments are incorrect.

Jeez man you're not even getting nearly as much as Mumorn and he hasn't complained once.

and the whole 'evil football agents' thing is utterly tiresome too. Of course these agents are looking out for themselves but the player has no say in the matter? a grown man ffs.

Alright! Alright! Calmmm down calmmm down (said in Liverpudlian accent)

Put it this way, if i continued stating time and time again that there's no way something was happening, not a chance in hell, etc etc etc...i would fully expect posts directed at me pointing out i was wrong. You took it upon yourself to make these bold statements that you worded as FACT. Naturally people (me especially) would jump at these comments when it looks like the comments are incorrect.

Jeez man you're not even getting nearly as much as Mumorn and he hasn't complained once.

I admitted I could see where he was coming from, and instead of politely moving on, I got a full retort which basically read like a dressing down. Not cool. Not polite. I should've kept my mouth shut. I regret even trying to see it from that POV TBH.

And they were fact. Facts unfortunately change. It's life. And again my friend, nobody I know who DID know expected Madrid to go this far. Thinking of things from angles I do NOT know for a fact, I'd love to know how BT, NBC and FIFA 14 feel right now. Or do you believe they went ahead with their campaigns without getting assurances directly from the agent?

Anyway, too long spent here, why I care is beyond me. That's on me, it's my fault, my weakness. I know what I knew, I know what know and the saddest thing about is has been seeing a player turned, Linda Blair style, Darth Vader style, to the Dark Side (that one was for Indianspur ;))

p.s. regarding mumorn...he's probably smarter than I am with regards to getting involved. I respect his ability to brush it off. Always been a personal weakness, but I accept mine for what they are...

How on earth would talksport know what Bale said to AVB unless Bale/ his agent leaked it to them?

The section of the show I heard, a Spurs fan called "Mungo" :lol: called up and hit the tickle my balls with a feather. He said (paraphrasing):

* THFC training ground is closed to press. Reporter would have to be outside the ground, no way in.
* Bale + AVB would be meeting alone.

Two very good points. The talksport presenter then spoke (I don't think you can call it a response, seeing as he didnt address Mungos points), said "what about mobile phones" (well what about mobile phones? Are you implying your boys are tapping a private conversation?) and said "well you can take it from me this is news, Bale and AVB spoke and Bale wants to l eave", and tries to imply that Mungo is in denial about Bale leaving. Then cut Mungo off to speak to someone "in the know on how these things work"

Bales first day back at WHL today. Highly likely he spoke to AVB about his future, and quite possibly he asked to leave. But that's not based on me having a reporter at the ground, it's based on common sense.

I also heard Mungo (great name)
They just spoke over him and were arrogant as fudge. tinkle myself if they got it wrong, as well as be delighted.

We all know how ridiculous all these reports are. Cant speak for Talk Sport but someone suggested to me earlier that Sky must be absolutely loving this as their main rivals BT will look pretty stupid if their poster boy leaves for another country. Can imagine the chiefs at Sky Sports doing as much as they can to give fuel to this story and from a commercial point of view I don't blame them.

Was thinking earlier though that there really isnt anything that spectacular going on at the moment. The biggest club in the world have taken an interest in our best player and have made their interest very public. The player has understandably had his head turned and has expressed an interest in leaving whilst our chairman has made it quite clear internally that he is not for sale. This is quite simply the end of the story.

You can throw in whatever quotes you like from all sorts of people, some true and some made up, and come up with whatever figures you like and even make up conversations between people.

What we know for sure is that Real Madrid want to buy Gareth Bale and that he is interested in joining them and would welcome the chance to move. However, until D Levy signs the paper it aint gonna happen.

What is the difference between this situation and the Lewandowski situation? Dortumund have stated he is not going to Bayern Munich and that if he goes there on a free next year then so be it. Lewandowski has seemingly thrown his toys out the pram but will still be a Dortmund player come September. There are plenty of other examples where the existing club have refused to do business (Modric 2 years ago) and I dont see any evidence to suggest that this will be any different this time around.

My money would be on Bale having a sulk and maybe not even playing the first couple of games of the season, then signing a new contract and probably leaving for Real for £80m+ next summer.

Until I hear something official from Bale or Spurs I'm sticking with the fact he's a Spurs player and will start the season a Spurs player.

However my walk home I go past 3 or 4 huge billboards, on Tuesday a new one went up and it was BT Sport poster. Now it was this picture http://www.marketingweek.co.uk/Pictures/web/k/y/b/bt-sport-460-2013-outdoor-campaig_460.jpg but with one huge difference Bale was replaced with Walcott.

It just got me thinking do they know something? BT Sport must be worried he's off so they might just be playing it safe cant blame them for that. With all this MARCA stuff and even David Pleat saying if the club get a silly offer £100m they might be forced to accept it.

I wouldnt blame Levy if he did accept it and I dont blame Bale if he wants to go. With us he has the possibility of winning silverware, at Real he's almost guaranteed and he will triple his earnings I imagine. On the other side of the coin is he will be going to a team whos own supports can be grade a c***s, the pressure of being the worlds most expensive signing and he will be expected to hit the ground running all this on the shoulders of a recently turned 24 year old. Not just saying it as a Spurs fan but he could do with staying with us for another two years then go, he would be 26 then more mature and more ready to handle the pressure cooker of Real Madrid.

We could have gotten Soldado in January for £15m? I think you need to check, or post, your sources for that one...

Levy has consistently given the managers the money the club has had available to spend.
No money has been taken out of the club for a very long time and meanwhile our debt has grown.

Not paying over the odds for players is a good thing.

/off topic.

no way mate, dont agree

or with strrings attached to the purchases

Whatever Affy...I'm getting tired of the cynicism. I'm going to stop saying anything OTHER than opinion. Let me say, there are people at far, far higher pay grades than mine who have been blown away by the shift of attitude from the Bale camp in the last 3 weeks. if you always knew it was coming I would suggest you are perhaps in the wrong profession and should apply for a gig as advisor to the chairman and management.

p.s. you said the VAST MAJORITY...trust me (which you don't, whatever, enjoy!0 this was the EXTREME MINOR. i am sad not about any of this petty flimflam, but about watching a young man get his soul turned by a ruthless bunch of cut-throat arseholes...such a shame...

people on far higher pay grades fell foul to the obvious that has been happening in business, sports and life since the BIG ASS cave man used to club the little guy over the head and take his woman?I dont know how these people get ahead in life if they can get taken for mugs like that.

and honestly? yes i always knew that if the price was right this summer that we would be open for considering bale's sale...you know why? cause levy didnt and hasnt categorically said "NO we WILL NOT sell bale or anyone!!". he has said "we are not LOOKING to sell our best players this summer" that leaves you wiggle room. Ask those big wigs on large pay cheques which one sounds like a final definitive statement of intention

and seriously....if all it takes to be an advisor is to know something so obvious like footballers dont have fan level loyalty and may look to enhance their careers when they get the chance...then there is a whole queue of Nigerians who have seen the serious hustle of real life that are missing out on a lucrative occupation. Sign me up

a free piece of advise i will give those execs , footballers ......wait for it........LIE!!!! and they do it alot

Back