• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

LOL, even naming his kid the same initials ass AVB dont mean brick to no one.

whats funny is that none of this might even be happening. Bale hasnt said anything either way

Ancelotti: "There is no news on the negotiations with Gareth Bale, I believe he is now speaking with his team to find a solution but no news"

Went past a Huge BT poster on the way to Tottenham Hale. Has all the BT players in it, except the spurs player is now Defoe.

Not that I'm into conspiracy theories and I cannot believe that BT would have any heads up notice. But it's all a bit weird.

But back to Bale. I want him to stay, BUT if he wants to leave and starts all that striking or sulking rubbish we have to tell him he can go as long as they stump up our asking price and then get rid ASAP so we can get some players in.

Went past a Huge BT poster on the way to Tottenham Hale. Has all the BT players in it, except the spurs player is now Defoe.

Not that I'm into conspiracy theories and I cannot believe that BT would have any heads up notice. But it's all a bit weird.

But back to Bale. I want him to stay, BUT if he wants to leave and starts all that striking or sulking rubbish we have to tell him he can go as long as they stump up our asking price and then get rid ASAP so we can get some players in.

fudge that, we should tell Real to bugger off and make him stay for another season.

Even £100m is bad business for us, all things considered. I prefer a sulky, underperforming Bale to the money - he'll still be plenty good enough for us, and his publicity value will still exceed the fee from Real, IMO.

And we will still get a massive fee for him next summer.

I seriously hope Levy plays proper hardball on this.

fudge that, we should tell Real to bugger off and make him stay for another season.

Even £100m is bad business for us, all things considered. I prefer a sulky, underperforming Bale to the money - he'll still be plenty good enough for us, and his publicity value will still exceed the fee from Real, IMO.

And we will still get a massive fee for him next summer.

I seriously hope Levy plays proper hardball on this.

I hope you are right. I really do.

I also heard Mungo (great name)
They just spoke over him and were arrogant as fudge. tinkle myself if they got it wrong, as well as be delighted.

I would love it if he stays. Show them all.

That idiot Delaney on TS said last night, and I quote "Spurs didn't win a game for many years with Bale in the team" and that we wouldn't get all of any fee as we would owe Saints money from the sell on clause.

That's right, the sell on clause that doesn't exist.

And these people are broadcasting nationally, giving the hordes duff information, whipping people into a frenzy based on their suspect info. It's all wrong that they can just spout what they want its no comeback.

Last edited:

For those talking about the BT thing and Bale not being present you should pick up a copy of todays evening standard. BT have an overlay of 4 pages advertising BT sports channels (both covers and inside pages) and on page 2 the entire page is taken up with a picture of Bale in a spurs kit.

For those talking about the BT thing and Bale not being present you should pick up a copy of todays evening standard. BT have an overlay of 4 pages advertising BT sports channels (both covers and inside pages) and on page 2 the entire page is taken up with a picture of Bale in a spurs kit.

I think people are thinking like WAY too much when they trawl the internet seeing whether Bale, in a spurs kit, is on twitter or other sites. Its kinda funny.

The issue I have with selling bale is I'm not sure how we spend £85m in the next month.

Firstly, how many £30m-ish players are there who we could attract (ie who are at clubs where moving to Spurs wouldn't be a downward step)? Most players in that bracket are at CL clubs and/or a large English, German, Spanish, Italian or French club.

Secondly, who's the top class player in a similar position to Bale who we could get?

Really not sure and I don't see any, literally any, players in the PL who I would want us to sign and who would move to Spurs

The issue I have with selling bale is I'm not sure how we spend £85m in the next month.

Firstly, how many £30m-ish players are there who we could attract (ie who are at clubs where moving to Spurs wouldn't be a downward step)? Most players in that bracket are at CL clubs and/or a large English, German, Spanish, Italian or French club.

Secondly, who's the top class player in a similar position to Bale who we could get?

Really not sure and I don't see any, literally any, players in the PL who I would want us to sign and who would move to Spurs

Exactly.

We replaced VDV with Sig and Modric with Dembele. Whilst Dembele is a very good player, he does not have the creativity that Modric had. And Sig was and is nowhere near good enough to replace VDV.

I don't get why footballers don't have any patience whatsoever. I mean apart from a serious injury derailing him, what is so horrible about staying at Spurs for one more season and then leaving? He's 24 FFS! Why the rush? If he's confident in his ability (which you would assume he is) then why wouldn't top clubs like Madrid, Barca and Bayern be interested in him in 12 months time?

I was trying to fathom how Figo joined Madrid from Barcelona and why Barca didnt just say 'No' and found this article:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/8/main/2008/08/02/801389/figos-barça-madrid-secret-revealed

If this is true, then can understand why Bale is so desperate to join Real. Just like Figo, Real must have tricked Bale into signing a pre-contract agreement which means Bale will have to pay a heavy penalty like 30m if he doesn't join Real as agreed. How come UEFA or FIFA not doing anything to stop this kind of illegal deals ?

Exactly.

We replaced VDV with Sig and Modric with Dembele. Whilst Dembele is a very good player, he does not have the creativity that Modric had. And Sig was and is nowhere near good enough to replace VDV.

I don't get why footballers don't have any patience whatsoever. I mean apart from a serious injury derailing him, what is so horrible about staying at Spurs for one more season and then leaving? He's 24 FFS! Why the rush? If he's confident in his ability (which you would assume he is) then why wouldn't top clubs like Madrid, Barca and Bayern be interested in him in 12 months time?

Bale doesn't seem to be putting all his eggs in the Real Madrid basket - he wants to go but it doesn't sound like he will be throwing his toys out of the pram if it doesn't happen

It does not matter how much money we are offered for Bale,we'll have sold our best player..and the aim of a Football Club used to be to
keep your best players...otherwise theres no point,is there?

There is something fundementally wrong with the game of football to-day.This is the fault of greedy rich clubs and greedy players and their agents.

I hope this is not off topic...

Honestly is there any point in us or any club trying to build a team when they are torpedoed buy other clubs ? All clubs should have some power
over their players in contract law. Bosman was the worst thing to happen..to footbal..because the players now have too much power over the clubs!

If Bale goes I cant ever see us winning the Prem. Our best players will just be touted off when it suits the super rich clubs season in and out.

Tottenham ready to sell Gareth Bale for €100m plus Alvaro Morata
• Tottenham want 'Spain's future No9' as makeweight
• Morata would make deal worth more than £100m

Gareth Bale will be allowed to leave Tottenham if they can secure Alvaro Morata, above, in exchange. Photograph: Gregorio Lopez/Cordon Press/Corbis
Tottenham Hotspur are prepared to sell Gareth Bale to Real Madrid and they will tell the Spanish club that the prospect of a deal would increase if the striker Alvaro Morata were included as a makeweight.

Real have so far bid a world record €100m (£86m) in straight cash for Bale, which has not been enough to sway the Tottenham chairman, Daniel Levy, and they have indicated a readiness to offer players as further sweeteners.

They have put forward the left-back Fábio Coentrão and the winger Angel di María, whose values they have variously factored into the potential package, but Tottenham maintain that the deal will be on their terms, meaning that they choose any makeweights and the one that they want is Morata.

Given the 20-year-old is the most highly rated young player at the Bernabéu, particularly after he secured the Golden Boot as Spain won the European Under-21 Championship this summer, it effectively means that the package Tottenham are seeking is worth more than £100m.....

-----------------------
This is an incredible deal, for me. I haven't seen much of Morata, but he is outrageously highly rated and gives us the perfect young striker to pair with Soldado and Defoe. Also, for 86 million pounds, you feel like AVB could get one or two more in, while allowing us to pocket a massive amount of cash.

Also, it's from the Guardian, which is a better source than most other papers.

Back