• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Daily Mail saying he'll likely play on Saturday against South China.

Link

on that pitch, in those conditions???? AVB cant be that stupid can he?? I suppose if he injures his ankle or knee and is out for two or three months then all the transfer rumours will stop8-[

Just for those still harping on about the pitch, I was there and it wasn't that bad. I've seen a lot worse back in the UK, and indeed even the rain has been worse at a lot of WHL games I've been to. Also, the Spurs groundsman (yes, the Spurs one, not the HK one) did a pitch inspection with the ref on Weds.

Nice quotes, Mr. Bale :)

Bale ready to snub £80m Madrid move and fire Spurs into the Champions League

By Mike Anstead

PUBLISHED: 23:01 GMT, 25 July 2013 | UPDATED: 23:01 GMT, 25 July 2013

Gareth Bale is ready to stay at Tottenham after insisting he will blast them back into the Champions League.

But Bale has now indicated that he will be staying at White Hart Lane this season as Spurs prepare to break their own pay rules and hand him a new £150,000-a-week deal.

Asked if Spurs can reach the Champions League, Bale told Match of the Day magazine: 'Definitely. We all believe we can get into the Champions League otherwise there's not point being here.

'It's just a matter of going out there and proving everyone we can.'

As well as finishing in the top four, Bale believes Spurs can go even further and challenge for the Barclays Premier League title this season.

He added: 'We did a couple of seasons ago so there's no reason why not. We've definitely got a good enough team to challenge. It just depends on how consistent we can be.

'We're all looking forward to the season, hopefully we can improve on last season – I'm sure with a few more additions to the squad we'll be a lot better.'

One signing Spurs have already made is Paulinho, a £17million arrival from Corinthians that is exciting his new team-mate.

Bale said: 'I saw him in the Confederations Cup and he looked a good strong player. I'm sure he'll be a great addition to the squad. And he'll give us a little bit more.'

Paulinho - like every other new face at the club - took part in the initiation ceremonies that the players love.

'Everyone has to sing a song and if they don't sing it well they've got to do it again,' explains Bale.

'Then the players make a tunnel for them to run through and everyone boots them, chucks water of them, slaps them on the head and gives them a wedgie maybe.

'He's the one that created it – ha-ha. He had to go through it at the start. Clint Dempsey was unbelievable for his. He did a rap – he was so good everyone wanted him to do another one.'

Full interview in Match of the Day magazine, on sale now

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...rid-Spurs-Champions-League.html#ixzz2a6RcnAFu

Same quotes to be printed in Marca under headline "BALE IN MADRID COME AND GET ME PLEA"

Just for those still harping on about the pitch, I was there and it wasn't that bad. I've seen a lot worse back in the UK, and indeed even the rain has been worse at a lot of WHL games I've been to. Also, the Spurs groundsman (yes, the Spurs one, not the HK one) did a pitch inspection with the ref on Weds.

when, in 1982?? ;)

they play rugby on that pitch dont they? everyone was under pressure to make the games go ahead on weds, im sure the Spurs groundsman was also nudged and pushed into agreeing to say all was fine.

AVB didnt like it one bit in his post match conference

Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas has confirmed that the club are in talks with Gareth Bale over a new contract.

Welsh winger Bale has been linked with a host of top European clubs after a sensational 2012/13 campaign during which he won the PFA Players' Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year awards.

Reports have surfaced in Spain that Real Madrid have submitted an official bid for the 24-year-old but Villas-Boas is hoping to keep hold of his prized asset and believes a new contract can be agreed before the start of the season.

"There were contacts last year between the club and his agent," said Villas-Boas. "And there are still ongoing contacts between club and agent.

"The player renewed his contract last year by the beginning of the season, if you remember, and it's something that is being dealt with by the chairman and the agent.

"At the moment we are confident. The player is under contract, a good contract at Tottenham, which was done last year. It's something we are speaking about but we don't have any further developments."
Andre Villas-Boas
Confident

"Talks are ongoing, but that doesn't mean there is an agreement."

When asked if he was confident that an agreement would be reached, the Spurs boss added: "At the moment we are confident. The player is under contract, a good contract at Tottenham, which was done last year.

"It's something we are speaking about but we don't have any further developments."

Asked if there had been any formal bids for Bale, a smiling Villas-Boas replied: "I'm not going to make any comments on that one!"

Gylfi Sigurdsson is one of several Spurs players to express their hope that Bale will be staying at White Hart Lane.

"He's a great player and if he stays it will be fantastic. I am sure he will stay because he's still here," he told reporters.

"He is a draw for other players to come here. Good players want to play with other big players. It's a big club and hopefully he'll stay and we'll bring in a few other good players."

Sigurdsson is also of the opinion that Bale's presence can help Spurs to push on and claim a Champions League spot this time around.

"The players here talk about getting into the Champions League two seasons ago and how fantastic it was," he said.

"Missing out when Chelsea won the Champions League and being fifth last season was very disappointing.

"It's hard to deal with for a couple of weeks after the season ends but then you start thinking about the next season. We're determined to make it our year."

-----------------------------------------

Great to hear!!

Sign him up, stick him on a top wage. My prediction (which, considering my less-than-stellar track record, should not be relied upon :) ) is that from here on in, we will sell him when he has 3 years left on his contract, unless a monumental bid comes in or Bale indicates that he wants to leave. Maximum value and all that. If we can tie him to a 5-year deal then fantastic, he'll likely spend two more years here and we'll be a better team for having him. If he only signs a one-year extension, than everything depends on being successful enough this year to convince him that one more year here in in his best interests (After this one, I mean).

For now, however, he's still got a contract to sign. The fact that we're talking to him about one is comforting, and a well thought-out release of a tidbit of information by the club. Possibly a back-door way of stopping the odious Marca and the creeps they call journalists? :)

Good work, Levy, but until the lad puts pen to paper, nothing's done yet.

cant see Bale signing a 5 year contract.....if he does it will be for 4 years imo, so next summer he will have 3 years left again and will decide if he wants to move on or not

Gareth Bale is set to sign a new Tottenham contract after being told he will be free to join Real Madrid NEXT summer.

The Welshman has been publicly pursued by the Bernabeu club throughout the summer and reports this week suggested the Spanish giants were close to sealing an £80million deal.

But Bale is now thought to be close to penning a new deal at White Hart Lane, although sources close to Spurs have told talkSPORT that, as part of the agreement, he will be allowed to join Real next summer should they retain their interest in the 24-year-old.

Villas-Boas said: "There was contact between the club and his agent last year and there is ongoing contact between the club and his agent.

"We renewed his contract at the beginning of last season, if you remember, and it's something that is being dealt with by the chairman and the agent.

"Talks are ongoing but that doesn't mean there is an agreement. At the moment we're confident that the player is under contract at Tottenham, as was done last year.

"It's something that we're speaking about, but there aren't any developments."

cant see Bale signing a 5 year contract.....if he does it will be for 4 years imo, so next summer he will have 3 years left again and will decide if he wants to move on or not

Stranger things have happened, surely. That 'top wage' bit is key: if we offer him, say, 175,000 pounds a week, would it really be the end of the world from his point of view if he stayed for two years instead of one? I did argue that he wouldn't earlier (taking into account earning potential, age, daughter's age, the need for him to win things, etcetera), but now the 'hope' bit of my somewhat jaded heart's whispering that anything's possible.

article-2378748-1B001E48000005DC-910_306x431.jpg

Spurs want 120 mill euros, 103 mill pounds, for Bale

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2378748/Gareth-Bale-cost-103million--Tottenham-Hotspur-tell-Real-Madrid.html

Paolo Di Canio has labelled it a killer pitch and Andre Villas-Boas wants to pull out altogether - the Asia Trophy is on the brink.

Sunderland and Tottenham have been left raging after torrential rain has marred the pre-season spectacle, with the tour's future in doubt.

Villas-Boas wants to pull his side out because of the treacherous conditions, as Di Canio revealed the Black Cats are refusing to put themselves in danger and aren't training with a ball.

'Of course I’m worried about the safety of the players. It’s a killer pitch in this weather with injuries, at this stage of the season especially.,' Di Canio fumed.

'The boys trained this morning without the ball. You can’t believe this kind of weather.

'We have to handle the situation. This morning for example we changed our schedule a bit and they ran without the ball. We couldn’t play on the field.

'I hope that we can do something for tomorrow and play the games. I hope the rain can stop from now on and maybe we can have a good pitch.'

The Spurs manager has already lost defender Jan Vertonghen for the start of the Premier League season because of conditions in Hong Kong, and after the washout win against Sunderland on Wednesday, feels they're better off not risking more injuries in the final.

Officials decided to play just 40 minutes a half in Spurs' 3-1 win over the Black Cats as the weather made proceedings farcical. That, Villas-Boas argues, is having a detrimental effect on preparations for the Premier League season.

'I’d prefer not to go ahead. That’s the reality we have to face,' Villas-Boas said.

'We have to be professional and stand up for this tournament. It’s our responsibility if the authorities go ahead and play the game.

'Player safety is much more important than a pre-season game.

'To avoid injuries in situations like this, the pitch isn’t in a great condition.

'It’s going to be extremely poor conditions and the final will be even worse.'

i hope the rumour that Bale plays in this game is not true....if it goes ahead, we need to play none of the better players

Whats to say the pitch is going to be as bad?

Anyone know what the weather has been like out there? If it's been dry since the first two games it'll be fine for ours.

If not, just be glad we're the first game rather then the second.

Whats to say the pitch is going to be as bad?

Anyone know what the weather has been like out there? If it's been dry since the first two games it'll be fine for ours.

If not, just be glad we're the first game rather then the second.

those are the latest quotes, its been pi$$ing it down non stop since Weds apparently

if both Di Canio and AVB are worried and AVB would rather quit now altogether, it must be dangerous

Back