• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

all we have heard from the club on the matter is that he isn't for sale and all we have heard from Bale is that he's focused on next season with Spurs and achieving the best we can/improving on last season.

the only times we have sold key players in the past is when they have publicly stated their determination to leave the club and/or gone on to be disruptive influences, in Modric's case where he had a long term contract (as opposed to Carrick/Berbatov) we even put our foot down and didn't fold to the initial summers pressure until a club that we were prepared to sell to came in with an offer. i am confident that Bale isn't going to be kicking up a fuss about moving this summer and even if he did - with his contract length i wouldn't imagine us being ready to sell

so keeping all of that in mind - Im not sure why some people aren't confident of him staying this summer

Well I thought Modric won't behave like he did either. When it comes to footballers, I'm done saying "x player is different from the rest" if you know what I mean.

I had to message Marca they are fudging me off so much under the Bale article you can write in if you spot a mistake, I wrote this :

The issue being the whole story is complete fabrication as all of yours are about Bale, yesterday you said Madrid has signed him now he has put a transfer request, well why would he do that if Madrid had already signed him, the tapping up of the player through your so called publication has been nothing short of disgusting, you really are nothing more than Madrid's puppet, and it would surprise me if after this daily charade Levy actually tells Madrid and Perez to go fudge themselves and will never ever sell you Bale even if he does come up for sale next summer.
I actually find it embarassing that your reporters actually call themselves journalists...

=D> well put sir

Well I thought Modric won't behave like he did either. When it comes to footballers, I'm done saying "x player is different from the rest" if you know what I mean.

yeah that's fair, although IMV if he was going to kick up a fuss we'd all know by now

I had to message Marca they are fudging me off so much under the Bale article you can write in if you spot a mistake, I wrote this :

The issue being the whole story is complete fabrication as all of yours are about Bale, yesterday you said Madrid has signed him now he has put a transfer request, well why would he do that if Madrid had already signed him, the tapping up of the player through your so called publication has been nothing short of disgusting, you really are nothing more than Madrid's puppet, and it would surprise me if after this daily charade Levy actually tells Madrid and Perez to go fudge themselves and will never ever sell you Bale even if he does come up for sale next summer.
I actually find it embarassing that your reporters actually call themselves journalists...

Nicely done. I can only imagine the sort of reponse you got.

manuel-que_zpsaa97fb7e.jpg

Attachments

• manuel-que_zpsaa97fb7e.jpg
    manuel-que_zpsaa97fb7e.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 12

Continued silence from Bale and his agent's name being implicated by the Spanish media makes it seem as if there is some truth about the rumours. Maybe Bale is very loyal to Spurs but you cannot expect the same from money-minded agents. They can easily influence the players as they wish. Even if Bale wants to join Real, hope Levy will force him to stay for atleast 1 more year. They money we get from Bale's sale is not worth losing our only world class player for. It will be almost impossible to replace him. Hope Levy will be firm in this saga.

Continued silence from Bale and his agent's name being implicated by the Spanish media makes it seem as if there is some truth about the rumours. Maybe Bale is very loyal to Spurs but you cannot expect the same from money-minded agents. They can easily influence the players as they wish. Even if Bale wants to join Real, hope Levy will force him to stay for atleast 1 more year. They money we get from Bale's sale is not worth losing our only world class player for. It will be almost impossible to replace him. Hope Levy will be firm in this saga.

Bale wont leave this season. If not for his 'love' for spurs (which I doubt he is staying for) it would be predominantly because of his family. He has just had a kid and wont send his whole family to Spain and he wont be able to see his family as often etc.

Give it a year BUT I do have a feeling Man Utd may come in for him next summer. Bale would still be in UK, still not a drammatic change for his family etc.

If their has ever been a time for Levy to absoloutley smash through his self imposed wage cap for the sake of one player it's Garth Bale. It's not like a new signing where their is a risk to it not paying off, the last few seasons Bale's been growing stronger and stronger. He showed in the Champions League and a tender age that he's not just good, he is not just a great Spurs player or a great Premier League player he's bloody world class. It's not just the ammount of goals he scores but the way he scores them and picks them from complete non-chances that help carry the team forward.He's the sort of man you can rely on to pick up a few points even when the rest of the team is lagging and the best teams all have a player likie that.

No matter what wage Levy was to offer Bale it would still be profitable. The ammount of spsonsorship going around him is incredible, everyone wants a piece of him.

I remember seeing a documentary a few years back on how Real sign players, I think it was during the Galactico period. Basically Real feed little snippets to the newspapers and where Real International players share international duty with targets they use them to tap up etc, lucky for us Wales are so crap and no internationals at a club like Real. Anyway this all seems like a classic Real Madrid tactical move for Bale, unsettle the player to the point he has to make a public decision sooner rather than later, Real knowing that 9/10 a player decides to push for the move to them.

Its a form of public tapping up that can not really be proven or traced...

I remember seeing a documentary a few years back on how Real sign players, I think it was during the Galactico period. Basically Real feed little snippets to the newspapers and where Real International players share international duty with targets they use them to tap up etc, lucky for us Wales are so crap and no internationals at a club like Real. Anyway this all seems like a classic Real Madrid tactical move for Bale, unsettle the player to the point he has to make a public decision sooner rather than later, Real knowing that 9/10 a player decides to push for the move to them.

Its a form of public tapping up that can not really be proven or traced...

To be honest every club does that. Real Madrid would definantly win the Champions League for it though. It's worse than Harry Redknapps "Oh would I want him? Listen he's Club X's player at the end of the day, it would be unfair to say I want him. He's a top top player though aint he? He'd fit in perfectly. To be honest, I'm just going to praise him for the next 5 miniutes then remind you that he's their player."

At least Redknapp had the decency to acknowledge he's their player amongst his blatant tapping up!

Yeh but Harry for example does not have the press power like Real to have statements like "Terms agreed" released every day for a week.

Real are just a monster at tapping up

It's pretty concerning to see that he wasn't involved in the Under Armour event in HK today.
I don't doubt he did pick up a knock and that explains his absence from the game yesterday, but he doesn't appear to have been involved in any of the publicity events over there. Given he's our biggest name and it's a publicity drive, this makes no sense at all. The injury was a strained buttock so it shouldn't be keeping him from this sort of thing.
Views?

It's pretty concerning to see that he wasn't involved in the Under Armour event in HK today.
I don't doubt he did pick up a knock and that explains his absence from the game yesterday, but he doesn't appear to have been involved in any of the publicity events over there. Given he's our biggest name and it's a publicity drive, this makes no sense at all. The injury was a strained buttock so it shouldn't be keeping him from this sort of thing.
Views?

pain in the arse..

Views?

the only reason i can think is that the whole event would have been dominated with questions to him about Real, so maybe the club and Under Armour decided to keep him away

not good for the club or our sponsors at all

Bale wont leave this season. If not for his 'love' for spurs (which I doubt he is staying for) it would be predominantly because of his family. He has just had a kid and wont send his whole family to Spain and he wont be able to see his family as often etc.

Give it a year BUT I do have a feeling Man Utd may come in for him next summer. Bale would still be in UK, still not a drammatic change for his family etc.

Levy will not sell to them. Bale does want to go to Madrid at some point in his career.

It does present the club with a dilemma though. Obviously the main reason to hold onto Bale is his quality as a player, but the knock-on effect of his media profile makes him valuable to the club quite apart from what he contributes on the pitch. But if all this paper talk means he can't be used in high-profile public events, for fear of derailing the events with transfer speculation, then Real Madrid's media campaign is actually damaging the commercial interests of Spurs on a day-to-day basis.

Yeh but Harry for example does not have the press power like Real to have statements like "Terms agreed" released every day for a week.

Real are just a monster at tapping up

You are on the money. There are things which have gone on here that are a total and utter disgrace beyond the usual...

It does present the club with a dilemma though. Obviously the main reason to hold onto Bale is his quality as a player, but the knock-on effect of his media profile makes him valuable to the club quite apart from what he contributes on the pitch. But if all this paper talk means he can't be used in high-profile public events, for fear of derailing the events with transfer speculation, then Real Madrid's media campaign is actually damaging the commercial interests of Spurs on a day-to-day basis.

Do we actually know why he was not included in the event though?

My first assumption was that he's been out injured, they want him to get game time against south china, so he would be working on his fitness.

There is probably something on every day. We have a whole squad to choose from. It's not fair to expect Bale to do every media event.

Michael Dawson, Benoit Assou-Ekotto, Brad Friedel and Andros Townsend

Not exactly our biggest players turning out for it.

Last edited:
Back