• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

I wonder if as part of a new contract Bale gets a cut of the advertising money or perhaps a tie in sponsorship from HP and UA. I can't help note that the HP logo seems bigger on the poster than some of the other versions and clearly UA are using him as major part of their PL campaign. We can't afford to smash our wage structure, but this may be a workaround.

P.S. Just as well they don't do billboards at the top of the Empire State Building.

For what it's worth, the billboard in Times Square is neither a UA nor HP ad. It is for NBC, the TV network that will be showing EPL games in the States in the new season. There may be some arrangement with the EPL and/or those brands for use of their trademarks, and UA and HP may well wind up using Bale in their own ads, but it's an NBC ad.

For what it's worth, the billboard in Times Square is neither a UA nor HP ad. It is for NBC, the TV network that will be showing EPL games in the States in the new season. There may be some arrangement with the EPL and/or those brands for use of their trademarks, and UA and HP may well wind up using Bale in their own ads, but it's an NBC ad.

In that case I am sure that HP and UA are absolutely delighted!!!!

Thanks for applying some rudder.

It's more significant that it's an independent major media entity taking out this ad, rather than one of the club's already invested commercial partners. NBC have the pick of the Premier League litter to market their telecasts with. Bale's and Spurs' presence provide a refreshing change from the easy, lazy approach FOX Soccer takes.

Both the HP and UA logos are familiar symbols today in North America. Hopefully, the Mighty ****erel and the Welsh Wizard soon become equally mainstream over here.

I wonder if as part of a new contract Bale gets a cut of the advertising money or perhaps a tie in sponsorship from HP and UA. I can't help note that the HP logo seems bigger on the poster than some of the other versions and clearly UA are using him as major part of their PL campaign. We can't afford to smash our wage structure, but this may be a workaround.

P.S. Just as well they don't do billboards at the top of the Empire State Building.

Could well be but also I dont think Bales motivation to stay or not to stay is about money - the guy will get paid vast amounts wherever he goes. What we seem to forget is players have ambition and he does want to win things. Gone are the days of a Le Tissier. We need to show we mean business.

Could well be but also I dont think Bales motivation to stay or not to stay is about money - the guy will get paid vast amounts wherever he goes. What we seem to forget is players have ambition and he does want to win things. Gone are the days of a Le Tissier. We need to show we mean business.

Absolutely. I don't think Bale particularly cares about money, he wants to go down in football history. An eminently reasonable ambition, seeing as he'll probably never get to an international tournament with Wales. So we need to start winning things, and fast, if we are to stand any chance of keeping him long-term.

FA Cup + 4th place this season would probably allow us to hold off Madrid for another year, given that we'll then get to play CL + the Community Shield the season after. But beyond that....it's probably the Premier League crown or bust as far as keeping Bale is concerned.

Trust me, the club were absolutely 100% involved in this. To suggest it is independent of the club is 100% wrong. In fact, this has taken some considerable time and extraordinary effort to get done. UA absolutely believe he is the front face for their brand, and would absolutely have been involved in dealing with NBC and making Bale an attractive proposition. Seriously, this took A LOT of effort from the club. So yes, it's an NBC ad BUT it's an NBC ad which has been pulled off thanks to a lot of work from the club and partner.

Thanks for applying some rudder.

It's more significant that it's an independent major media entity taking out this ad, rather than one of the club's already invested commercial partners. NBC have the pick of the Premier League litter to market their telecasts with. Bale's and Spurs' presence provide a refreshing change from the easy, lazy approach FOX Soccer takes.

Both the HP and UA logos are familiar symbols today in North America. Hopefully, the Mighty ****erel and the Welsh Wizard soon become equally mainstream over here.

Again, I really hope people understand that the club have to take an enormous amount of credit for working with NBC to make this happen, and in turn, you can bet UA were part of the 'offensive'...this really is a massive massive step forward for the club in terms of 'branding' especially in the US.

Absolutely. I don't think Bale particularly cares about money, he wants to go down in football history. An eminently reasonable ambition, seeing as he'll probably never get to an international tournament with Wales. So we need to start winning things, and fast, if we are to stand any chance of keeping him long-term.

FA Cup + 4th place this season would probably allow us to hold off Madrid for another year, given that we'll then get to play CL + the Community Shield the season after. But beyond that....it's probably the Premier League crown or bust as far as keeping Bale is concerned.

I have no doubt he will go to Madrid at some point in his career. I knew it wouldn't be this season and yes, I am not convinced it's carved in stone for next year.

Again, I really hope people understand that the club have to take an enormous amount of credit for working with NBC to make this happen, and in turn, you can bet UA were part of the 'offensive'...this really is a massive massive step forward for the club in terms of 'branding' especially in the US.

It's something we've been doing for a long time, no? It's only really taken off in the last couple of years (post CL), but if I can remember correctly the United States was a market we were targeting long before anyone else showed an interest in it. I do recall being miffed when United, Liverpool, Arsenal et al were sewing up Asia and Africa, but it seems we've got a bit of a head start on them in the States, where people have more disposable income and thus are more appealing to clubs like us. So kudos to Levy for that.

I have no doubt he will go to Madrid at some point in his career. I knew it wouldn't be this season and yes, I am not convinced it's carved in stone for next year.

Eh. I'm thinking in terms of his age: he'll turn 24 over the course of this campaign, and 25 over the course of 2014-2015. Considering Madrid's propensity for awarding long-term contracts to their top stars, and considering that his game is based on pace and power (both of which usually tend to decline once you pass 32 or 33), any stay beyond 2015 maximum risks damaging his earning prospects (because of the inevitable contract re-negotiation he will want to undertake about halfway through his Madrid contract, which will maximise his earnings) and Madrid's eagerness to pay top dollar for him.

Eh. I'm thinking in terms of his age: he'll turn 24 over the course of this campaign, and 25 over the course of 2014-2015. Considering Madrid's propensity for awarding long-term contracts to their top stars, and considering that his game is based on pace and power (both of which usually tend to decline once you pass 32 or 33), any stay beyond 2015 maximum risks damaging his earning prospects (because of the inevitable contract re-negotiation he will want to undertake about halfway through his Madrid contract, which will maximise his earnings) and Madrid's eagerness to pay top dollar for him.

What I am saying is that I think he might well stay for 2 more seasons if all goes well. IF we win something next season and get CL, he will want to give it a crack again with us IMHO. But I think it is inevitable he will go to Madrid before he is 27. I don't think any of what you're saying will be 'the' deciding factor in his thinking.

What I am saying is that I think he might well stay for 2 more seasons if all goes well. IF we win something next season and get CL, he will want to give it a crack again with us IMHO. But I think it is inevitable he will go to Madrid before he is 27. I don't think any of what you're saying will be 'the' deciding factor in his thinking.

I think the same way: see my "if we win the FA Cup and finish fourth, he'll stay" post from earlier. But I don't think we can hold on to him past 2015, unless we pull up some major trees in 2014-2015 (as in PL success, or at least a genuine challenge). That's all.

Oh dear. This is getting pathetic now.

Real Madrid produce mocked up Gareth Bale No.11 shirt as they step up attempts to land Tottenham star

Spurs up asking price for Welsh wonder to £130m while Real pull out all the stops to bring Bale to the Bernabeu this summer

Gareth-Bale-on-the-cover-of-AS.jpg

Shameless Real Madrid stepped up their desperate attempts to land Gareth Bale by mocking up next season's shirt with his name and favourite number on the back.

Despite publicly conceding Bale is out of their grasp for the new campaign, the Bernabeu club allowed Madrid sports daily AS a sight of the blatant stunt.

The AS website featured a video of six of Bale's best goals for Spurs last season, spliced into a montage of images of famous Real No 11s of the past, including Francisco Gento, Brazilian Ronaldo and Michael Owen.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy has made it clear Bale is going nowhere, with the Welsh wonder talking positively of his hopes for the new campaign under Andre Villas-Boas at Tottenham's kit launch on Monday and the disgraceful attempts to undermine the North London club's resistance is likely to cause White Hart Lane fury.

But Real President Florentino Perez is attempting to pull out all the stops in a bid to snare his prime target despite Bale's comments and Spurs' determination.

Real have deliberately left the No 11 shirt, vacated by former Chelsea defender Ricardo Carvalho, vacant and a senior club insider explained it was all part of a softening-up process by Perez.

"If a world-class player like Bale comes it is normal to give him the shirt number he has always worn and is his favourite,'' said the Bernabeu insider.

Perez appears prepared to wait until the last hours of the transfer window in a bid to lure Bale to Madrid.

Real claim that their attempts to ''talk sense'' into Levy have so far foundered, with efforts to open negotiations described as ''as fruitless as they were disappointing''.

The Spanish giants briefed that Levy's asking price for Bale has now gone up from £85million to £130m, despite Tottenham making clear they are simply not interested in selling at any price.

But Madrid have pointed privately to Perez's captures of Zinedine Zidane, Ronaldo and David Beckham during the first ''Galactico'' era as proof of his transfer acumen.

Perez now plans to join the Madrid party - along with sporting director Jose Angel Sanchez - when they travel to play their first pre-season game at Bournemouth on July 21 and seek to call personally on Spurs during the trip.

That will be a journey in vain, with the Tottenham hierarchy accompanying Villas-Boas' squad when they fly out for the Barclays Asia Trophy in Hong Kong that weekend.

But while Madrid insist they will not pay even as much as £85m for Bale, the Spaniards are hoping to tempt Levy into a player plus cash exchange deal.

And it is evident that Levy and Spurs will have to show their determination all the way the closure of the window on September 2 in order to keep Madrid at bay.

mad-at-theinternet.gif

bale-shirt-real-madrid.jpg

According to the delightful brick-stirrers over at AS, a mocked-up “Gareth Bale, No.11″ Real Madrid shirt has been found at the Bernabeu, which the feverishly pro-Real Madrid newspaper claim was commissioned by club executives.

This obviously – obviously – means that Madrid are still hell-bent on prising Bale from Tottenham this summer, and are so confident that they’ll get their man that they went ahead and drafted him up a shirt (therefore reserving it for his arrival) before just casually leaving it lying around at the stadium, as you do.

We can only imagine Florentino Perez just wanted to know what Bale’s shirt would look like – a bit like the scene in ‘The Talented Mr Ripley’ where Jude Law walks in on Matt Damon dressed up in his clothes and affecting his mannerisms, only with Zinedine Zidane walking in on Florentino Perez running around the Bernabeu boardroom wearing a full “Bale” Real Madrid kit and doing “love heart” goal celebrations to himself in the mirror.

What a crock of bum chutney.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/transfer_talk/169924/spanish-sht-stirrers-as-claim-to-have-found-mocked-up-gareth-bale-real-madrid-shirt-at-bernabeu.html

'Perez now plans to join the Madrid party - along with sporting director Jose Angel Sanchez - when they travel to play their first pre-season game at Bournemouth on July 21 and seek to call personally on Spurs during the trip.

That will be a journey in vain, with the Tottenham hierarchy accompanying Villas-Boas' squad when they fly out for the Barclays Asia Trophy in Hong Kong that weekend.'

I imagine Perez'll probably be told to sit in the empty visiting room for hours on end before being told by a nervous intern that everyone left for Hong Kong the day before. At that point, his phone will ring, and upon answering it, he'll be met by this long, thin laugh followed by a whispered '130 million'. He looks up in fury to see the intern making a Bale heart sign at him from across the room before scarpering away, and then just when he gets up all the lights go off and an announcer politely reminds all visitors that visiting hours are now over. :)

Le Tissier wasn't being loyal, he was just a pussy.

I imagine Perez'll probably be told to sit in the empty visiting room for hours on end before being told by a nervous intern that everyone left for Hong Kong the day before. At that point, his phone will ring, and upon answering it, he'll be met by this long, thin laugh followed by a whispered '130 million'. He looks up in fury to see the intern making a Bale heart sign at him from across the room before scarpering away, and then just when he gets up all the lights go off and an announcer politely reminds all visitors that visiting hours are now over. :)

:ross: =D>

Thats great.

Back