• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Right that's it. The Official Bale thread will now be moved to the vice den. Our new fans (including the young Bale followers) will have to avoid poop and boob posts to see updates on their hero.

http://www.ftbpro.com/reader/tottenham/266239/gareth-bale-focused-on-helping-tottenham-into-the-top-four?team=Tottenham&ref=facebook

Gareth Bale has told Sky Sports that he is only thinking about helping Tottenham back into the Champions League next season.

The Welsh winger has been tracked by Spanish giants Real Madrid for much of the summer but they have not made an official approach.

Despite his multi-award winning season last time, he is talking about helping Tottenham to improve and make it into the top four next time. And, on a personal note, he thinks he can get even better.

"I am hoping to improve from last season. Every season I want to keep improving and keep becoming a better player, I have more experience now," Bale told Sky Sports News.

"I am hoping to improve from last season, every season I want to keep improving and keep becoming a better player."
Gareth Bale

"For me I need to keep working hard on the training pitch and on game days, and hopefully progress as a player and become even better."

Tottenham narrowly missed out on a place in the top four to local rivals Arsenal last season, but Bale is determined to go 'one better' next term.

He added: "I think everyone at the club wants us to finish in the top four, the club wants to be in the top four, and we need to go one better this season and finish in the top four."

One of ten players nominated for the UEFA best player of 2012/13 award

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/aboutuefa/news/newsid=1969502.html#bayern+heroes+among+best+player+candidates

Gareth Bale (WAL) – Tottenham Hotspur FC
Cristiano Ronaldo (POR) – Real Madrid CF
Zlatan Ibrahimović (SWE) – Paris Saint-Germain FC
Robert Lewandowski (POL) – Borussia Dortmund
Lionel Messi (ARG) – FC Barcelona
Thomas Müller (GER) – FC Bayern München
Franck Ribéry (FRA) – FC Bayern München
Arjen Robben (NED) – FC Bayern München
Bastian Schweinsteiger (GER) – FC Bayern München
Robin van Persie (NED) – Manchester United FC

The only non-Champions League player among them

So...will the naysayers finally accept that he is not being sold this season? Told you! And this here is a MASSIVE COUP...no other club has EVER had this in Times Square for ONE PLAYER! Massive! Literally! 40ft and up for a couple of weeks!

BALE TS.jpg

Im reading this on my phone, what does it say on the shirt?

Looks like BP, the Americans won't like that....:D

wow that's pretty damn awesome.

Isn't it mate? Incredible work. Seriously massive, literally and beyond. More fun stuff to come...I think this sort of thing impresses players personally. No other club in football has managed to pull this off for one of their stars. I seriously got chills when I saw this. Talk about pride!!!!! COYS!!!!

Isn't it mate? Incredible work. Seriously massive, literally and beyond. More fun stuff to come...I think this sort of thing impresses players personally. No other club in football has managed to pull this off for one of their stars. I seriously got chills when I saw this. Talk about pride!!!!! COYS!!!!

Agree with you, really good work. It reminds me of a conversation me and my uni mates had about Ronaldo's move to Madrid and how they probably recouped most of the money in merchandising alone, for past few months I've been thinking that Bale could help create the same sought of revenues.

I think it's best though to forget about it being the first time someone has done something like this, just focus on keeping Bale, focus on strengthening the squad and then focus on us winning trophies and getting back into the CL. This could be a massive summer for us.

To our international fans, how well known is Bale outside of Englands? Is he thought of just as a talented youngster in the same bracket as Eriksen or Hazard or is he thought of as the real deal, IE Neymar class?

Another angle.

BOwAVIdCMAES-TK.jpg

Agree with you, really good work. It reminds me of a conversation me and my uni mates had about Ronaldo's move to Madrid and how they probably recouped most of the money in merchandising alone, for past few months I've been thinking that Bale could help create the same sought of revenues.

I think it's best though to forget about it being the first time someone has done something like this, just focus on keeping Bale, focus on strengthening the squad and then focus on us winning trophies and getting back into the CL. This could be a massive summer for us.

All in hand mate...the vibe at the club right now is electric and only going to get stronger...

To our international fans, how well known is Bale outside of Englands? Is he thought of just as a talented youngster in the same bracket as Eriksen or Hazard or is he thought of as the real deal, IE Neymar class?

Mate, Bale is very well known outside of England, especially after his end of season run last year, imo way above Eriksen/Hazard, he's getting very much into that top 5-10 footballers that are known.

To a few posters points, UA is likely seeing this as getting an absolute top tier athlete, and will be desperate to keep it going.

i was abroad for close to a year from the week following his hat trick at the san siro - EVERYONE i spoke football with knew who he was (central/south america)

That billboard is class.

It's nice to read that Bale thinks he will get even better this season as well. Can you imagine him even better? :eek: =P~

Back