• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Game of thrones thread

can we have season 1 spoilers, everyone seen that?

are the books worth reading, if I start I'll finish so will the later books cheapen the early ones?

The books peak in the middle of 3 action-wise (where the series currently is) and die very quickly from there.

The 4th/5th books are separate but cover the same time span. It really doesn't work - maybe it'll work better on tv. They're just filled with characters you don't care about doing things you don't know why they're doing.

surely the starks must have a bit of glory in season 4...that poor family has been shat on upto now!

I've not read the thread because I have yet to see an episode.

I've actually recorded all three series off sky anytime and put the 4th on series link so we can watch them.

I may be back at certain points to randomly sprinkle my impressions from where I'm up to without reading the thread so apologies in advance for the randomness. :p

doesn't bode well for the TV series, it will surely have to follow martins arc

The main arc is pretty obvious, everyone with a claim to the throne will converge on King's Landing. The final book will probably be awesome with some epic battles and ****, but right now he's just stalling because he has to fill the books in between, which makes for rather boring reading. Given the amount of new characters there should be enough to fill a season, but they won't have to split it over two as they're currently doing with book 3.

[video=youtube;SVaD8rouJn0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVaD8rouJn0[/video]

Made me chuckle lots....the wine might of helped

I've read the books and all I can say is that it gets ****. Really, really, ****.

Anyone interesting takes a back seat or dies and gets replaced with some entirely uninteresting one-dimensional characters with no back story whatsoever.

Towards the end of the 3rd book the author seems to have written himself into a corner and is either filling or making it up as he goes along. Either way, it's ****.

Apparently they are going to diverge from the books this season, probably for this very reason. I lost interest halfway through book 4 and have never finished it.

Apparently they are going to diverge from the books this season, probably for this very reason. I lost interest halfway through book 4 and have never finished it.

I really hope so - it may stop them catching up too.

You're not missing out!

I agree that the plot gets a bit lost in book 4, and I personally lost interest in the beginning, but it picks up gradually. And the series is still quite a bit behind the really juicy stuff that happens in book 3, so still a lot to look forward to, in my opinion.

Last edited:
First episode of Thrones was an excellent start to the season.
Arya's story this year should be a good watch. And Jaime's.

They've seemingly nailed the casting of Oberyn as well.

The main arc is pretty obvious, everyone with a claim to the throne will converge on King's Landing. The final book will probably be awesome with some epic battles and ****, but right now he's just stalling because he has to fill the books in between, which makes for rather boring reading. Given the amount of new characters there should be enough to fill a season, but they won't have to split it over two as they're currently doing with book 3.

There's only two books to go.
And the show-writers have been told the ultimate endgame and character resolutions in case they overtake the books .

There's only two books to go.
And the show-writers have been told the ultimate endgame and character resolutions in case they overtake the books .

The next book will also be a lot of fluff before using the last chapters to set it up for the last one.

For those that haven't seen them, I strongly recommend the South Park trilogy 'Black Friday', 'A Song of Ass and Fire' and 'Titties and Dragons'.

They totally nailed it.

[video=youtube;uyMHAmKiYgU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyMHAmKiYgU[/video]

I enjoyed it. I thought that it seemed to be a very much catch up episode, see what each of the characters is up to rather than get too embroiled in a particular issue. The Lannister wedding looms ever nearer, after the Red Wedding, I'm looking forward to this one!!

Oh and was anyone else playing the game tonight if trying to remember the different characters names? I have no idea on some of the main characters, let alone the lesser characters!!

Back