• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gallas

There was a moment in the second half when we had the ball for ages - we were spreading it around nicely and pulling them out of shape, looked like it was 11v11.

Gallas got the ball and just passed it to the corner flag.

Somehow I don't think he is sweating at all. If he is playing well enough he will get a new contract, if he is playing almost well enough he will get a deal elsewhere, or if he is not playing well he can retire as a rich man.

P.S. What would be the record for number of London clubs played for?

Seriously hope we are not thinking of giving him a new contract, play Dawson or Caulker ahead of him until January & then flog him off to West Ham or QPR.

There was a moment in the second half when we had the ball for ages - we were spreading it around nicely and pulling them out of shape, looked like it was 11v11.

Gallas got the ball and just passed it to the corner flag.

I screamed at the tv at this point. Soooooooooooooo frustrating.

Still has a role to play imo but has games where he is just shocking and today is a prime example. Obviously can't wait for Kaboul to be back and I think I would go with Kaboul and Dawson as the pairing with Vertonghen playing as and when at CB or LB. Caulker filling and playing when it needs changing up and Gallas again used as and when.

Still has a role to play imo but has games where he is just shocking and today is a prime example. Obviously can't wait for Kaboul to be back and I think I would go with Kaboul and Dawson as the pairing with Vertonghen playing as and when at CB or LB. Caulker filling and playing when it needs changing up and Gallas again used as and when.

Have you already forgotten how poor these two are together??

Agreed that Gallas shouldn't be put on the scrapheap just yet - there are still games for him to make crucial impact; but he needs to be dropped now and Caulker played instead agaisnt West Ham (if fit)

Have you already forgotten how poor these two are together??

Agreed that Gallas shouldn't be put on the scrapheap just yet - there are still games for him to make crucial impact; but he needs to be dropped now and Caulker played instead agaisnt West Ham (if fit)

I think that they are our two most commanding and imposing defenders and whilst they haven't got a history of playing that well together, we are leaking goals. I think that they can shore it up for a bit tbh.

AvB has him as captain, there's no way he'll be getting dropped as a centre back. I reckon AvB sees Kaboul and Gallas as our first choice CBs. Obviously a lot of people would prefer Verts or Caulker, but I'm not sure the boss agrees.

If Gallas plays against West Ham, all confidence i had in AVB will go. He is the reason were leaking goals. We play high line and yet he drops deep and keeps every fudging player onside. He doesnt know how to clear the ball to safety, he IS NOT a leader, and his legs have clearly gone. Ive had enough of his brick, and yet Michael Dawson is sitting on the bench this whole time.

Dawson and Kaboul like to play on the right hand side of the Centre back parnership and Gallas, Caulker and Vertonghen on the left hand side. I feel that Gallas playing to the right hand side hinders his game to an extent his liable to make mistakes. At this moment in time it should be Dawson and Caulker / Vertonghen until Kaboul gets back. Seems AVB wanted to ship Dawson off, gets a bit off cash and use it elsewhere. But he is a valuable player and its better to have Daws in a position he is comfortable than a Gallas who is in one who is not.

AvB has him as captain, there's no way he'll be getting dropped as a centre back. I reckon AvB sees Kaboul and Gallas as our first choice CBs. Obviously a lot of people would prefer Verts or Caulker, but I'm not sure the boss agrees.

Errr..remember Michael Dawson was also made captain by AVB....

If Gallas plays against West Ham, all confidence i had in AVB will go. He is the reason were leaking goals. We play high line and yet he drops deep and keeps every fudging player onside. He doesnt know how to clear the ball to safety, he IS NOT a leader, and his legs have clearly gone. Ive had enough of his brick, and yet Michael Dawson is sitting on the bench this whole time.

Most of what you said was fair, but this bit is utter tripe. Sorry

Mate you blamed him for the Podolski goal yesterday even though he was marking 2 players.

Most of what you said was fair, but this bit is utter tripe. Sorry

How exactly?

Loads of goals weve conceded this year has been from Gallas heading the ball aimlessly to the opposition...He did it twice against Chelsea. And i personally don't think a good leader is someone who points and shouts at other team mates when he's the one making mistakes...He's hardly vocal on the pitch either.

I simply cannot wait for either a Kaboul/Caulker partnership or a Vertonghen/Kaboul one. Either way, Gallas' time is almost up. If AVB doesnt recognise this then its quite worrying.

I called it 5 or 6 games ago but then some on here called me a turncoat and said i did not support our players. Seems like avb has fallen into the trap of thinking that you must stick by players when they are not up to the job.

Other things i and others saw ages ago:
Walker needs to be dropped and let to work on his game in trainning and reserve games.
Gallas is finished i know i already said but it needs to be said again.
Defoe can not play as a lone striker, well he can do it but he loses any effectiveness he has.
If you do not start with Lloris in goal you will undermine him and ruin him before he even starts with us. To be fair it looks like he is finally playing the french captain and one of the highest rated keepers in europe.
Dempsey is not a proffesional footballer.

Back