• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gallas

Gallas is a World Cup winner with years of experience but on Saturday he was booting the ball out under no pressure... and that rubs off on Caulker who has decided to do the same. Neither of them are like King who will take the ball off someone and then keep it in play and pass it to a team mate. The only person who does that is Kaboul and we miss him badly!

Gallas is a World Cup winner with years of experience but on Saturday he was booting the ball out under no pressure... and that rubs off on Caulker who has decided to do the same. Neither of them are like King who will take the ball off someone and then keep it in play and pass it to a team mate. The only person who does that is Kaboul and we miss him badly!

Agreed with that - at times on Saturday he was playing like an absolute clogger. Was painful to watch.

We dont need gallas.

Kaboul, Vertonghen, Caulker and Dawson is fine.

Why Vertonghen continues to play LB when we can play naughton there is beyond me.

All gallas does is invite pressure on the defence then hoof the ball away, and Caulker has started doing it too.

DEFENDER William Gallas is sweating on his Tottenham future, with the club stalling on a new deal.

Spurs will wait until the end of the campaign before opening contract talks with Gallas, 35.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4627095/William-Gallas-contract-Tottenham-make-France-ace-wait.html

Somehow I don't think he is sweating at all. If he is playing well enough he will get a new contract, if he is playing almost well enough he will get a deal elsewhere, or if he is not playing well he can retire as a rich man.

P.S. What would be the record for number of London clubs played for?

Somehow I don't think he is sweating at all. If he is playing well enough he will get a new contract, if he is playing almost well enough he will get a deal elsewhere, or if he is not playing well he can retire as a rich man.

i think Clive Allen will take some beating

QPR, Arse (3 pre season friendlies), Crystal Palace, QPR again, Tottenham, Chelsea, West Ham, Millwall

Probably Clive Allen with QPR, Arsenal, Spurs, West Ham, Chelsea, Millwall and Crystal Palace.

I hope not. Next season I would go with Caulker, Gallas, Kaboul and Dawson. And if Dawson is not here I would go with someone else. Against Chelsea Oscar knocked him off the ball at least 3 times with his physical strength. Oscar for FFS

No, Gallas will be 36 at the start of next season and is simply not consistent enough. I think there are better options out there if we go looking

Sorry my bad, I had Gallas on the brain, I meant we should go with with Caulker, Jan, Kaboul and Dawson. Left to me I would get rid of Gallas in January

He's worrying me in possession. Both he and Caulker set the pace from the back, but I think it's more to do with the fact that no one is really looking for it enough in midfield. I know Sandro was dropping deep in a lot of games so Brad or Lloris could roll the ball wide, and give us options when in possession. Wigan pressed us very well, but the triangle between Gallas, Caulker and Brad just resulted in a big hoof up top. Wasn't pretty at all.

There is an argument here for having Dawson in for his long "pass" to Bale. Teams won't let us pass out from the back, they press high and block off options so there is only a triangle between Friedel, Gallas and Caulker available. Occasionally we get it wide to a full back higher up the pitch or Huddlestone gets involved. On Saturday Dawson's switch of play to Bale would've been well worth a punt. He hits it fairly accurately and I would say he either hits Bale or we get a throw-in in their half maybe 6-7 times out of ten. That pushes Wigan back and gives us an opportunity to get the ball down in their half and get the wingers involved. Surely a better option than passing sideways and backwards?

Was Walker also not at fault for that goal too? We should always have someone on the back post anyway. They'd have dealt with it, seeing as Brad didn't want to.

Gallas' main virtue used to be that he was very hard to shift off the ball, however it seems he has lost core strength, as he is being dominated this season. judgement is suss too. Anybody see when he let the ball bounce inside the area?

Gallas' main virtue used to be that he was very hard to shift off the ball, however it seems he has lost core strength, as he is being dominated this season. judgement is suss too. Anybody see when he let the ball bounce inside the area?

Mate, he's 35 - fair innings, I say

Mate, he's 35 - fair innings, I say

This. He's coming to the end of his career. He's still good enough to do a job for most PL sides, which is a testament to his determination and work ethic, but he's not the player he was at Arsenal during his pomp. He's not even the same guy who signed for us. He's somewhat slower, and slightly weaker. Which, for a 35-year old in the Prem, is still damn good going.

Too many mistakes from Gallas now. I think that Dawson has skipped ahead of him in the pecking order again.

We have to move Vertonghen out of the left back position. Each performance at LB has been progressively worse for him culminating with that disaster at City where they were taking turns to skin him. Bale hardly helped him either but he was the 2nd worst player on the pitch for me. Play him in the centre where he looks better and drop Gallas.

Back