• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gallas

what's interesting is that it is precisely what we did not do at old trafford. we kept things tight and compact in that zone of the pitch when we had the lead...

The transition between being the attacking and defending side. At OT we were already ahead when the 2nd half started.

The transition between being the attacking and defending side. At OT we were already ahead when the 2nd half started.

Perhaps, but having to into the lead we should've been able to apply similar principles when not in possession whilst forcing the issue harder with some attacking subbing when 2-1 up. I think not having Bale and Dembele hurt us badly and underscores why jan will be important to complete the squad overhaul. Still, a learning curve for sure, and I have no dubt whatsoever that AVB will address the missing bits...

Re: Gallas & Van Persie...

And Gallas, who captained Spurs against his former club, believes all the goals were easily avoidable.

"I'm very disappointed because even if I think we didn't start the first half very well, we came back well in the second half," he told Spurs TV.

"We equalised and we scored the second goal, and then I think we made so many mistakes.

"We could not keep the ball in front and it was difficult for us because they had a lot of chances, and they had the occasion to equalise and then to score the third goal. On all the goals we conceded I think we made a mistake.

"When you play against Chelsea you have to be strong for 90 minutes, and we made so many mistakes. We didn't keep the ball very well and they started to play in our half again. They had some chances to score, and in the end we lost 4-2.

"We have to put this behind us. It's difficult to accept it, especially when you play against Chelsea - when it's a derby you always want to win. But we have to forget that game and think about another one."

I see Gallas is oblivious to the fact that he was probably our worst player on Saturday

I don't think so. That doesn't mean he has to come out in the media or on Spurs TV saying it himself.

He is admitting that mistakes were made and that there are things we can do better next time around. I like that.

Caulker says that AVB is fair and picks players on form. Dawson will likely start on Thursday and if he puts in a good performance I hope that what Caulker says is true.
I don't think Gallas was that bad against Chelsea-I think collectively and individually all of our back 4 were responsible for all the goals conceded and that is now 6 in 2 games.
Something has to be done.

Tottenham defender William Gallas believes former boss Arsene Wenger is wrong to dismiss the Capital One Cup.

The Arsenal manager claimed last week that winning domestic cups is less important than qualifying for the UEFA Champions League, despite the Gunners going seven years without a trophy.

But as Gallas and his Spurs team-mates prepare for Wednesday's Capital One Cup tie at Norwich, the ex-Arsenal centre-back is adamant trophies are everything to a player.

"For me, a trophy is something you lift at the end of the season and I know it's a fantastic feeling," said Gallas.

"It doesn't happen many times through your career, so for me to finish second or fourth isn't the same as finishing top, as champions. It's completely different.

"You feel different because you are the best team - the best player. You are so happy to lift a trophy - it's the real thing to do.

"It is a long time since Tottenham have lifted a trophy and I don't know which one we are going to lift.

"But for sure we want to lift one - any one will be pretty good so we will wait and see."

Tottenham are fighting on several fronts and bounced back from a draw against Maribor and a defeat to Chelsea to beat Southampton and move into the top four of the Premier League.

When asked if Andre Villas-Boas' team can win both domestic Cups as well as finish fourth in the Premier League, the 35-year-old defender said: "Why not? We have to be strong in the heart.

"The manager is a competitor - he is a warrior - he wants to win everything. Every game, we have meetings and it's the same - he wants to win, win, win.

"We will try to win all competitions, but we know it's very difficult because we play so many games and some players are very tired.

"They play for the national team as well, so it's not easy. But when you are professional and you play for a big club you have to be ready for this.

"All the players know what they have to do. If they are tired on the pitch, they use their heads. That means they are very clever and have experience, which is very good for them.

"After our draw in Europe and our loss to Chelsea we had to win at Southampton. The manager talked to us before the game and said we have to try to get back to winning ways.

"We want to finish the season well, so it is very important for us to win - to try to win every game.

"We have to play Norwich next, which will be a difficult game. Then we have Wigan, so we just have to be on top form at home."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8210364/Tottenham-defender-William-Gallas-disagrees-with-Arsene-Wenger-over-trophies

DEFENDER William Gallas is sweating on his Tottenham future, with the club stalling on a new deal.

Spurs will wait until the end of the campaign before opening contract talks with Gallas, 35.

The French star, in the last year of his current deal, has been handed the captain's armband under Andre Villas-Boas this season.

He has started all 10 of Spurs' Premier League games — but extending his stay into a fourth season will not be reviewed before the summer.

Chairman Daniel Levy likes his key players tied down on long-term arrangements but Gallas will be free to negotiate with other clubs in January.

QPR boss Mark Hughes wanted him at Loftus Road but a deal collapsed and Gallas formed a Spurs partnership with Steven Caulker.

Gallas has backed under-fire Spurs boss Villas-Boas, saying: “He wants to win, win, win.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4627095/William-Gallas-contract-Tottenham-make-France-ace-wait.html

Absolutely under no circumstances should he be offered an extension on his deal, imv

Did a job for us in his first season - some good games. Last year was a write-off and this season he's been very, very shaky.

Time to call it a day at 35, William (in the PL at least). You had a good career.

Last edited:
DEFENDER William Gallas is sweating on his Tottenham future, with the club stalling on a new deal.

Spurs will wait until the end of the campaign before opening contract talks with Gallas, 35.

The French star, in the last year of his current deal, has been handed the captain's armband under Andre Villas-Boas this season.

He has started all 10 of Spurs' Premier League games — but extending his stay into a fourth season will not be reviewed before the summer.

Chairman Daniel Levy likes his key players tied down on long-term arrangements but Gallas will be free to negotiate with other clubs in January.

QPR boss Mark Hughes wanted him at Loftus Road but a deal collapsed and Gallas formed a Spurs partnership with Steven Caulker.

Gallas has backed under-fire Spurs boss Villas-Boas, saying: “He wants to win, win, win.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4627095/William-Gallas-contract-Tottenham-make-France-ace-wait.html

hope he gets one to be honest. as a squad representative we would be foolish not to offer him one

In almost every game he looks a mixture of amazing and past it.

I'd give him one more year. I said it another thread, we need leaders and he's one of best we've got.

In almost every game he looks a mixture of amazing and past it.

I'd give him one more year. I said it another thread, we need leaders and he's one of best we've got.

This.

I'm really not sure what to make of him currently. In the same match that he ducks a shot or inexplicably leaves his man in the box, he'll dig out a couple of last-ditch tackles or blocks that make me realise why we bought him. Reminds me a lot of Gomes in the way he can look amazing and amateur within 5 minutes.

He's worrying me in possession. Both he and Caulker set the pace from the back, but I think it's more to do with the fact that no one is really looking for it enough in midfield. I know Sandro was dropping deep in a lot of games so Brad or Lloris could roll the ball wide, and give us options when in possession. Wigan pressed us very well, but the triangle between Gallas, Caulker and Brad just resulted in a big hoof up top. Wasn't pretty at all.

hope he gets one to be honest. as a squad representative we would be foolish not to offer him one

I hope not. Next season I would go with Caulker, Gallas, Kaboul and Dawson. And if Dawson is not here I would go with someone else. Against Chelsea Oscar knocked him off the ball at least 3 times with his physical strength. Oscar for FFS

No, Gallas will be 36 at the start of next season and is simply not consistent enough. I think there are better options out there if we go looking

After Dempsey he was easily the worst player on Saturday. His distribution was awful, get Daws back in and perhaps that will re-focus Gallas.

He's worrying me in possession. Both he and Caulker set the pace from the back, but I think it's more to do with the fact that no one is really looking for it enough in midfield. I know Sandro was dropping deep in a lot of games so Brad or Lloris could roll the ball wide, and give us options when in possession. Wigan pressed us very well, but the triangle between Gallas, Caulker and Brad just resulted in a big hoof up top. Wasn't pretty at all.

Forgot that aspect of his game in my above post.

He's always the first one waving Walker up past the halfway line when the ball goes back to Friedel. Sometimes the 'get rid' instinct can be handy in a defender, but I wish he was more keen on trying to pass it around first before lumping.

This.

I'm really not sure what to make of him currently. In the same match that he ducks a shot or inexplicably leaves his man in the box, he'll dig out a couple of last-ditch tackles or blocks that make me realise why we bought him. Reminds me a lot of Gomes in the way he can look amazing and amateur within 5 minutes.

On this basis i'd say we should let him go. You need a back four that is consistent.

I hope not. Next season I would go with Caulker, Gallas, Kaboul and Dawson. And if Dawson is not here I would go with someone else. Against Chelsea Oscar knocked him off the ball at least 3 times with his physical strength. Oscar for FFS

No, Gallas will be 36 at the start of next season and is simply not consistent enough. I think there are better options out there if we go looking

Like Verthongen?

I don't mind if he get's an exstension, he's a leader and he proves it every week. His age is catching up to him though and he shouldn't be first choice when Ekotto or Kaboul is back.

Gallas is way down on the list of the problems we have right now

Gallas is way down on the list of the problems we have right now

His marking of Watson was dreadful. He really should put his hands up and admit it to the rest of the lads. Still, that's a mistake that you can painfully see and hammer home. The others were just as bad in their wayward passing, lack of cohesion, and motivation it would appear. We just seem sluggish. And then when we try and wake up, we struggle, then as AVB said, we try to do the right things but make bad choices. When we were flying the lads used to look like they simply could not wait for kick off. Now it don't feel that way right now.

you can name a better squad play than gallas with that level of experience and dady big gonad*s against all opposition?

am all ears

Back