• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fuel Strike

Somebody's just bought their missus a new Evoque :lol:

I just love the generalising. I remember some slighly drunken soap boxers at a wedding talking brick about 4 x 4s. The same old deeply dull dogbrick trotted out. Someone calmly asked the three protagonists what mileage their 2wd cars got and then informed them the vehicle they were arguing about had better fuel economy. There was a good silence before one started talking about it being a baby killing vehicle. Yawn.

fudge if it was about size surely we would just do away with buses, vans and black cabs ? If it was about emissions then there would be lots of brick 2wd cars on the bonfire first.

I just love the generalising. I remember some slighly drunken soap boxers at a wedding talking brick about 4 x 4s. The same old deeply dull dogbrick trotted out. Someone calmly asked the three protagonists what mileage their 2wd cars got and then informed them the vehicle they were arguing about had better fuel economy. There was a good silence before one started talking about it being a baby killing vehicle. Yawn.

fudge if it was about size surely we would just do away with buses, vans and black cabs ? If it was about emissions then there would be lots of brick 2wd cars on the bonfire first.
Oh absolutely, I completely agree. I don't have a single problem with 4x4's other than people that don't have the skill to drive one.

theres an old fable:

the ship is sinking.
sea captain says "dont blame me, my crew are all brick"
other sea captain replies "yes, but youre the captain of the brick"

What a crock. It isn't a business leader's fault if a member of staff makes a comment out of line with the rest of the company. Absolutely, they need to mitigate the situation but blame and action are mutually exclusive of one another.

Cameron suggested taking calm, preventative measures (i.e. don't let you tank run down). Maude practically said the horse had bolted and we were all doomed. They aren't even reading off the same page. I'll be far more interested in an apology and probably Maude's head on a block for being a dimlow.

If you want to hear a real good sea shantie, I tell ye a tale of villains and heros:

OOOOOOOHHHHHH.... There was a man in Italy, Schettino was his name-o...

Er... on topic but it transpires that the assistant General Secretary of the union threatening strike action, Diana Holland, is also the Treasurer of....The Labour Party!

Never had an issue with a BMW driver on the road.

If ever someone is driving like a **** it is invariably a Mercedes driver in my experience, almost without exception.

And if you knew the roads around much of Surrey you would be tempted with a 4x4 I can assure you!

Oh absolutely, I completely agree. I don't have a single problem with 4x4's other than people that don't have the skill to drive one.

Problem is that the majority of people driving them in London seem to use the George michael highway code!

Last edited:
Just filled my car right up, will last me for about a month now as I dont drive much apart from to Spurs

An old couple in front of me put in ?ú2.50's worth of petrol hahaha

I'm more concerned about the tax the thieving bastards are going to take on my next car.

fudgers.

I'm more concerned about the tax the thieving bastards are going to take on my next car.

fudgers.
I recently befriended a human that is a PGA golf professional. Apparently he pays £100 per month for a new BMW estate, subsidised by the PGA. That is ~£3 per day for a shiny car. Good deal. Go and shine your clubs.

Er... on topic but it transpires that the assistant General Secretary of the union threatening strike action, Diana Holland, is also the Treasurer of....The Labour Party!

Why would they be a shock to anyone? The Labour Party is the political wing of the union movement. How about the same wonderment at some Tory minister being.... amazement, horror a major shareholder in a corporation. How about that for a shocker?

I recently befriended a human that is a PGA golf professional. Apparently he pays £100 per month for a new BMW estate, subsidised by the PGA. That is ~£3 per day for a shiny car. Good deal. Go and shine your clubs.
That's an incredible deal. A specced E Class with a fairly modest engine is nearly £600 a month to lease - comrade Georgy has also put a £300 premium on top of the standard road tax to go with it.

Wouldn't want to be good at golf though, that would take all the fun out of it. At my standard I can go home happy if I hit a handful of decent shots in a round.

Back