• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fuel Strike

Yeah but after a couple of months once you've had your fun surely you think pragmatically?

I've got a 635d.......it's not an R8 but it does 40 to the gallon and 0-60 in under 6 seconds.....compromise!

My pragmatic change was actually going to be...to buy a DBS! :D

I'd have lost a small fortune in depreciation, so re-invested back into good ol' bricks n mortar instead. The R8 doesn't give me the thrill it first did when I picked it up, but it's still a smart enough car. It's got to the stage now though, where I don't even clean it anymore. I do like the 6-series; had a 650i pull up alongside me earlier this week - all black, mega pimped-up, but actually looked good.

My pragmatic change was actually going to be...to buy a DBS! :D

I'd have lost a small fortune in depreciation, so re-invested back into good ol' bricks n mortar instead. The R8 doesn't give me the thrill it first did when I picked it up, but it's still a smart enough car. It's got to the stage now though, where I don't even clean it anymore. I do like the 6-series; had a 650i pull up alongside me earlier this week - all black, mega pimped-up, but actually looked good.

I've always loved them.

Was going to get a 650i but the 635d is an amazing engine, you don't realise it's a diesel!

How did the fuel strike thread become the BMW owners thread, by the way BMW drivers are the worst on the road, or do they not fit indicators as standard?

How did the fuel strike thread become the BMW owners thread, by the way BMW drivers are the worst on the road, or do they not fit indicators as standard?

This is actually urban myth. The worst drivers on the road are MPV driving women, followed by most people in 4x4s, followed by lorry drivers who insist on merging without looking "because it'll take so long to get back up to speed"... Go ahead and jack knife then and make another needless traffic jam you retarded ****... followed by Audi drivers, followed by Volvo drivers, followed by BMW drivers (of which I am one), followed by the rest.

I find the most 'special' drivers to be those in VW Golfs. Many a Golf I do see cutting up traffic behind me, then tearing up my arse - er, actually trying to race me :/ R8 vs VW Golf: hmm, I wonder who might win that one.

I often do around 1500 miles a week on the roads

BMW drivers are easily the worst drivers (just complete disregard for anybody else on the road)

Lorry drivers are also complete and utter c*nts (for middle lane hogging)

Anyway, back on topic:

Fuel strike: Police close petrol stations as tempers flare

One forecourt was closed by police in Southbourne, Bournemouth at 11am today after motorists argued over queue-jumping in a half-a-mile tailback of cars waiting to fill up.
Jason Babbe, 33, who was in the line of cars outside the Murco garage, said: "I queued up for an hour before I could fill up.

"While I was waiting I witnessed an argument between a taxi driver and another motorist and there were other rows going on with people taking pictures of each other on their mobile phones.

"As well as filling up their tanks people were filling up cans with petrol."

The Chief Inspector of Dorset Police, Nick Maton, advised drivers not to panic-buy petrol.

"The actions of some motorists in queueing irresponsibly at petrol stations is causing danger to other road users," he said.

"We have been taking action and have requested petrol stations to close temporarily in order to keep traffic flowing."

Firefighters were also called out to garages to deal with spillages caused by overfilling after senior fire officers warned Cabinet Office Minister Francis Maude's call to fill jerry cans posed a hazard.

Fire engines were called to the Esso Express on King's Road in Chelsea, west London, where a driver had put too much fuel into his van.

A London Fire phalanx spokesman said: "We arrived just after 11am to the King's Road petrol station and were there for about 20 minutes after a van driver over-filled his vehicle.

"The diesel leaked all over the forecourt and we had to clean it up for safety reasons. The driver was going on a long journey and over-filled by about three-quarters of a litres."

"We're not sure why he over-filled the van, but it possibly is related to the fuel strike. We don't wish to speculate."

Increased sales of fuel from panic buying by motorists yesterday will bring in more than ?ú32 million in extra fuel excise duty, it was revealed.

The AA calculated the figure after news that petrol sales shot up by 81% and diesel by 43% as motorists flocked to garages across the UK to fill up ahead of a possible strike by fuel tanker drivers.

Sorry Wookie but from my 20+ years of experience its the messerschmitt drivers for me. Never signal, ever! Never check mirrors or blind spots, ever. Never show any courtesy.

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/843852-bmw-drivers-are-angrier-than-white-van-men

No offence taken mate, I'm on the motorways a lot and don't see that at all in the slightest. In fact, I would go as far as to say that most drivers in this country seem to think that indicating is optional.

I completely agree with the poll that you posted though, most ****s on the road absolutely enrage me... I've taught myself to wear a brick eating grin and casually flip the bird to anyone that cuts me up nowadays, it saves me the stress. So many people on the road are completely oblivious of people around them.

BMW drivers are easily the worst drivers (just complete disregard for anybody else on the road)

Alright, I'll give you a little game to play then. Ultimate disregard for other people is undertaking in heavy traffic. If you are doing those miles, you'll see this at least once a day. You have a count up of the cars doing it and I'll almost guarentee you you're wrong. It's a false stigma imo.

Alright, I'll give you a little game to play then. Ultimate disregard for other people is undertaking in heavy traffic. If you are doing those miles, you'll see this at least once a day. You have a count up of the cars doing it and I'll almost guarentee you you're wrong. It's a false stigma imo.

There are 2 types of drivers - those who drive a BMW and those who wish they did :)

Lorry drivers are also complete and utter c*nts (for middle lane hogging)

Anyway, back on topic:

Fuel strike: Police close petrol stations as tempers flare

One forecourt was closed by police in Southbourne, Bournemouth at 11am today after motorists argued over queue-jumping in a half-a-mile tailback of cars waiting to fill up.
Jason Babbe, 33, who was in the line of cars outside the Murco garage, said: "I queued up for an hour before I could fill up.

"While I was waiting I witnessed an argument between a taxi driver and another motorist and there were other rows going on with people taking pictures of each other on their mobile phones.

"As well as filling up their tanks people were filling up cans with petrol."

The Chief Inspector of Dorset Police, Nick Maton, advised drivers not to panic-buy petrol.

"The actions of some motorists in queueing irresponsibly at petrol stations is causing danger to other road users," he said.

"We have been taking action and have requested petrol stations to close temporarily in order to keep traffic flowing."

Firefighters were also called out to garages to deal with spillages caused by overfilling after senior fire officers warned Cabinet Office Minister Francis Maude's call to fill jerry cans posed a hazard.

Fire engines were called to the Esso Express on King's Road in Chelsea, west London, where a driver had put too much fuel into his van.

A London Fire phalanx spokesman said: "We arrived just after 11am to the King's Road petrol station and were there for about 20 minutes after a van driver over-filled his vehicle.

"The diesel leaked all over the forecourt and we had to clean it up for safety reasons. The driver was going on a long journey and over-filled by about three-quarters of a litres."

"We're not sure why he over-filled the van, but it possibly is related to the fuel strike. We don't wish to speculate."

Increased sales of fuel from panic buying by motorists yesterday will bring in more than ?ú32 million in extra fuel excise duty, it was revealed.

The AA calculated the figure after news that petrol sales shot up by 81% and diesel by 43% as motorists flocked to garages across the UK to fill up ahead of a possible strike by fuel tanker drivers.

Re; BMW drivers, WALOB! That's like saying black drivers are all brick!

I'm still trying to decide whether the government's handling of the situation is

A) A decision to consciously bring about a feeling of panic and a slight siege mentality so that if the strikes do begin and really serious shortages occur they can capitalise on this to create an anti-union feeling and get the public behind them

or

B) A complete and utter fudge up and I'm crediting them with far too much intelligence and foresight.

I'm still trying to decide whether the government's handling of the situation is

A) A decision to consciously bring about a feeling of panic and a slight siege mentality so that if the strikes do begin and really serious shortages occur they can capitalise on this to create an anti-union feeling and get the public behind them

or

B) A complete and utter fudge up and I'm crediting them with far too much intelligence and foresight.

Both, I'd say.

There are 2 types of drivers - those who drive a BMW and those who wish they did :)

WALOB!!!!!

Arcy, if you'd seen the silly sods in their Beemers in the recent snow, wondering why their "precious car won't go"...........you'd understand. :lol:

I drive a Ford, and wish I drove a better (newer) Ford. But failing that, an Aston Martin would do.

or

I say B!!

But they are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Public acting like cranks as per usual.

I have nothing in the jag about half a tank in the alfa and nearly nothing in the works van will fill up when i do the weekly shop later.

Has anyone thought about growing their own petrol obviously you can not grow oil but what about vegetable oil?

"undertaking in heavy traffic".....is that how people justify sitting in the middle or outside lane at 65mph? :eek:

I will play the game, but my criteria for the bad driver is:

- Pulling into the outside lane without indicating (or indicating at the same time as pulling out)
- Driving at 30-55mph on a single carriageway (after a national speed limit sign)
- Not apologising for making a driving error / not thanking a driver for letting you out
- Driving at 40-45mph through M1 or M25 motorway roadworks (50 mph limit)
- Overtaking a car and then reducing speed (to a speed less than the car overtaken)

I will not include lorries, just road cars

"undertaking in heavy traffic".....is that how people justify sitting in the middle or outside lane at 65mph? :eek:

I will play the game, but my criteria for the bad driver is:

- Pulling into the outside lane without indicating (or indicating at the same time as pulling out)
- Driving at 30-55mph on a single carriageway (after a national speed limit sign) 1*
- Not apologising for making a driving error / not thanking a driver for letting you out
- Driving at 40-45mph through M1 or M25 motorway roadworks (50 mph limit) 2*
- Overtaking a car and then reducing speed (to a speed less than the car overtaken)

I will not include lorries, just road cars

1* I once saw a bloke from one of the motoring organisations being interviewed, his guideline for how fast cars should be going on any given road was that your minimum speed should be the speed limit for the class of vehicle above yours. Hope that makes sense.

2* My guess is that those who stay well below the speed limit in average speed camera areas are those who don't have cruise control fitted, I know that I tend to err on the side of caution when driving a works van but set my CC at a smidgen under 50mph in my own car.

Back