• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fuel Strike

southstand1882

Mitchell Thomas
Anybody remember this back in 2000?

I remember driving around for miles trying to fill my tank as I had to drive to the airport.

Apparently some people have been panic buying in anticipation of another strike.

Perhaps its a cunning plan to boost the economy at year end!

And the last time we had a strike I think the price was a staggering..... 74.9p for unleaded. :eek:

And the last time we had a strike I think the price was a staggering..... 74.9p for unleaded. :eek:

Nah mate, I think it was about to bust through ?ú1.00 a litre or had just done so. The strikes brought it back down to about 74.9p a litre.

The Government needs to take the blame for this self-fulfilling prophecy.

It's the height of irresponsibility, to suggest that people fill up more than they need to, when - even if a strike were called - there has to be 7 days of notice. Francis Maude - the useless fudge who does absolutely nothing - even suggesting people fill jerrycans. One problem: it's illegal, you stupid, useless prick.

That's the sort of dumb ****s who are 'running' the country.

Just went to the garage to get some crisps for my lunch.

The lady behind the counter confirmed that people are panic buying.

She said "People are being ridiculous. We'll get so low on stock, that if the lorries do strike, there will be no fuel for a week"

:lol:

Righto. So I went home, popped in the motor and filled up.

Panic buy or not, I'd rather be a c*nt than a mug.

To a certain extent, if I can't drive about, I can't make money

Driving from London to Brentwood last night, I tried five garages before I could tank up. 27 miles and it wasn't until I got to my local BP before I could tank up. And the ****s had hiked the price up to ?ú1.49 per litre the dogs

It's c??ntish on fuel, but a hell of a laugh to drive

I still remember the first time I saw the soft top version. I didn't know it was even launched and one blazed past me on the M25... Wow. I nearly had a stroke. The missus told me to put myself away though.

I went to fill up this morning and had to spend 10 mins watching the old duffer at the pump in front trying to squeeze more petrol into his tank. The nozzle trigger must have cut off about 50 times (no exaggeration) before he gave up, this was just before I was about to get out and point out his tank was full. I started my engine as I presumed he was done but no! He pulls out 5 petrol cans!
angry-homer.gif
I joined another que.

Strangely it seems to be all the elderly drivers who are panic buying, the smell of petrol at the garage today was almost overpowered by the smell of leaking colostomy bags and overflowing incontinence pants. Why do the old duffers need so much fuel? They only go out at the weekend usually, wait for me to leave my house then form a 40 mph convoy (whatever the speed limit) in front of me.
3446.jpg

Yeah but after a couple of months once you've had your fun surely you think pragmatically?

I've got a 635d.......it's not an R8 but it does 40 to the gallon and 0-60 in under 6 seconds.....compromise!

Shame it is in warranty. If it's the 286hp version then it can be tweaked fora bout ?ú300 to put down near 360 hp and something silly like 720nm of Torque. I'd imagine it would slightly improve the 0-60 time and upset the missus. :)

I was driving the new 120D the other day which was a very nice drive but I couldn't help but think that it just needed a few more horsies. Needed to be longer, bigger boot and look different. Hmmm..

Shame it is in warranty. If it's the 286hp version then it can be tweaked fora bout ?ú300 to put down near 360 hp and something silly like 720nm of Torque. I'd imagine it would slightly improve the 0-60 time and upset the missus. :)

Be careful of what the gearbox is rated to. BMW don't leave a lot of 'spare torque' in their gearbox ratings.

Be careful of what the gearbox is rated to. BMW don't leave a lot of 'spare torque' in their gearbox ratings.

Ooopsy. Might explain why Dorothy the Defender is having a grand ro so spent on her next week. Nothing quite like a gearbox giving up at 60mph :) Mind you the gearbox was knackered anyway and the extra 50hp probably didn't help. Ho hum.

Ooopsy. Might explain why Dorothy the Defender is having a grand ro so spent on her next week. Nothing quite like a gearbox giving up at 60mph :) Mind you the gearbox was knackered anyway and the extra 50hp probably didn't help. Ho hum.

Sometimes you can be lucky with them. I had a 525d that had been chipped, found out later that the gearbox was rated nearly 100nm below the new level.

Back