• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Franco Baldini

I quite like the look of that Kebab, lad.

Been on the beer? ;)

Yeah I like Cabaye as well. In some ways I think I'd prefer him to Paulinho as you know what you get and he is already PL acclimatised. Parker to Sunderland/Cabaye in for us would be a decent upgrade IMHO. Paulinho looked a bit static out of possession in the confed cup matches I thought, but I trust the DOF/Coach/Chairman/Sherwood committee to make the right decision based on superior intel.

Baldini brought in 14 players last year for Roma (the previous couple of seasons before Baldini they were averaging 7/8). 7 from within Italy and 5 from Brazil. Average age 21.5 of the players coming in.

So rumours now that also Baldini turned down an offer from PSG. Lovely if true.

Well he had the choice of working with Capello or Sherwood:

“Even though I had not signed anything, I wanted to respect what we had in place,” said Baldini when asked whether he might have been tempted to work with Capello again.

“I am going to work with Tim Sherwood and matters relating to the youth academy and, of course, I am going to work closely with Andre to try to build the best team that we can.”

Baldini brought in 14 players last year for Roma (the previous couple of seasons before Baldini they were averaging 7/8). 7 from within Italy and 5 from Brazil. Average age 21.5 of the players coming in.

Not sure what the work permit situation is for Brazilian youngsters for us. I know it's more lax in Italy and Spain. But they seem to let everyone into the UK now so maybe we can get a few samba starlets before they hit the headlines.

Not sure what the work permit situation is for Brazilian youngsters for us. I know it's more lax in Italy and Spain. But they seem to let everyone into the UK now so maybe we can get a few samba starlets before they hit the headlines.

No believe it or not we have one of the tightest (in theory) in the World. That is assuming you play by the rules, I can't see Spurs playing many illegal immigrants..

Is your pseudonym Alf Garnett?*

The thing that will stop starlets coming are the increasingly aggravating 3rd party 'owners' of players in South America...

*I'm sure Jumpers will appreciate the irony of that quip, given that Warren Mitchell is (or certainly was for many years) a West Stand ST holder!

We would be able to buy them and then "park them" elsewhere until they show enough promise or have enough international caps to satisfy department work and pensions..

This is what Chelsea did with Alex and sent him out to PSV

Chelsea bought Alex from PSV in an outright transfer as far as i remember, about 10 mil

what you suggest does happen though, players are bought by clubs and shipped out to countries with workable Work Permit laws and then brought back to their feeder club once they have te correct paperwork. think Arsenal have a club in Belgium they use this for?

Chelsea bought Alex from PSV in an outright transfer as far as i remember, about 10 mil

what you suggest does happen though, players are bought by clubs and shipped out to countries with workable Work Permit laws and then brought back to their feeder club once they have te correct paperwork. think Arsenal have a club in Belgium they use this for?

Yes it would have to still be an outright transfer. You can buy a player without a work permit (most deals are done subject to permit) but not third party ownership.

Arsenal used to use Beveren but that partnership expired a while back and the club actually doesn't exist anymore as it wasn't financially viable.. Make of that what you will..

Didn't Man Utd use to use a team in Belgium? I remember them sending some out there, most notably Dong Fangzhou so he could get a work permit.

I think Levy's major weakness is the way he plays the transfer window and leaving it so late to make a move and then when he does we end up with nothing and feel massivly let down. We all know had we bought a striker in the summer or jan we might not be having to worry about Bale leaving and have secured a top 4 spot.

I'm in the camp that feels that Levy has failed when not securing a top 20 goal a season striker or top playmaker when he hasnt had a technical director so by bringing in Baldini has he passed the buck if we dont make the right signings to take us into the top 4? I find this a very interesting move because i think he doubts himself as a judge of a top player and wheather to go that extra mile..

When we had Comolli we brought in the likes of Modric early for 15 mill, Berba for 10 mill and he was willing to open the purse stings more and had trust, we had signings lined up when the window opened. Since levy took over sanctioning transfers under 'arry and AVB he's just wanted to balance the books, and taken a very cautious approach to the window when we've needed that big signing like Mourtino last summer and leandro diamao in january he's ducked out.

I think he did well signing Rfa, JV, Dembele and Lloris so he's not been a total failure but not going that extra mile we've missed out on the top 4 2 seasons in a row.

If Baldini says lets have 15 mill for a striker will he be happy to dip into his pocket this time i wonder?

Last edited:
Back