• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Franco Baldini

Ha.

My all time favourite though is ....

images

Baldini looks like a schmoozer, I reckon he is the type that is good at convincing others into buying his ideas. Thats just what we need, in a way I think Commoli and Arnesen were the same. Having people like this in negotiations for players can only help seal the deals

Nor were Arnesen or Comolli. Sporting Director, wasn't it?

I remember Comolli's departure came with Redknapp saying he found it difficult to work with a Director of Football, like the European template of a club.

More than likely it is the same role, but under a different guise

Who cares about semantics, get us a signing Franco

I think the difference now though is that we'll have a manager, dof and chairman working together to bring in signings. Rather than a chairman leaving it up to the dof to sign players the manager doesn't want.

I think the difference now though is that we'll have a manager, dof and chairman working together to bring in signings. Rather than a chairman leaving it up to the dof to sign players the manager doesn't want.

i think the difference is we got in a manager we know can do the job first and fitted the DoF with the manager, whereas with Ramos failing we screwed when it went tits up

The guy's CV is impeccable. Arnesen had a big influence at the club in his time here: if this guy has the same influence, and gets on well with AVB, we shouldn't be disappointed.

A technical footballing man of directness or whatever it's called meh with levy ultimately in charge just means I expect to see a lot more Oscar type scenarios. Think we've found ourselves a good young player but unwilling to pay the price for him. Hello mr Bernard.

A technical footballing man of directness or whatever it's called meh with levy ultimately in charge just means I expect to see a lot more Oscar type scenarios. Think we've found ourselves a good young player but unwilling to pay the price for him. Hello mr Bernard.

Pretty sure we had Oscar sewed up but Chelsea just simply offered more.

Oh shockorama, clubs with twice our turnover and/or owners willing to throw money out their windows at the club can spend more money on players than we can.

Not like we haven't signed any good young players under Levy. We've made a lot of excellent deals.

I remember Comolli's departure came with Redknapp saying he found it difficult to work with a Director of Football, like the European template of a club.

More than likely it is the same role, but under a different guise

Who cares about semantics, get us a signing Franco

I recall Comolli went along with Ramos as he was his recommendation to take the post and was disastrous. His goose was cooked before Redknapp darkend the doorway.

Has he got joe kinnear number yet??

:ross:

Really pleased we got this wrapped up. AVB will be happy that this stalwart of the game has his back.

We've had a Croatian phase, and various trends of personnel, but now we could have a Latin core! AVB, Baldini, Brizilian Portuguese speaking players, Arriba Arriba!

Some claiming on Tottenham forums Baldini has already set his sights on his first signing, the player being Diamanti. #THFC

Back