• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News

Tons of seats left at the ends of the East and West stand for Thursday. Does anyone else agree that there should be more grading in the East and West so that it gets cheaper as you go out to the goals? There is a £17 difference between Block 47 in the corner and Block 1 right next to it - but the views are identical! Clearly noone wants to pay £58 to sit there for a first leg game that's on TV. We are gonna look silly on Thursday with loads of empty seats for a Europa QF.

Tons of seats left at the ends of the East and West stand for Thursday. Does anyone else agree that there should be more grading in the East and West so that it gets cheaper as you go out to the goals? There is a £17 difference between Block 47 in the corner and Block 1 right next to it - but the views are identical! Clearly noone wants to pay £58 to sit there for a first leg game that's on TV. We are gonna look silly on Thursday with loads of empty seats for a Europa QF.

Hopefully we have a late rush in the next 48 hours.

Just makes you wonder how it would look in a 55,000 seater stadium never 36k

Hopefully we have a late rush in the next 48 hours.

Just makes you wonder how it would look in a 55,000 seater stadium never 36k

I would hope with 55,000 seats there'd be much cheaper seats. The entire upper West and upper East are £54-£58 for Thursday, which is completely outrageous IMO. I'm sure Levy has done his sums and worked out he'd rather have a 2/3 full stadium at Cat A prices than a full stadium at Cat B/C, but it just stinks of money-grabbing and makes the fans look part-time.

We'll do the clever trick,some clubs do,they include all the season ticket holders in their attendance records even if they don't turn up.

Did you manage to get to the game on saturday?

I was impressed with the stadium and the ease to get there. Didnt chance parking on the retail park, there was one next door that charged £6.
Had a bite to eat in the Frankie and Bennys after the game, by the time we had finished, no traffic, we were back at the Premier at Bridgend in no time.

Just a shame I couldnt enjoy the 2nd half, due to being a complete bag of nerves!

I would hope with 55,000 seats there'd be much cheaper seats. The entire upper West and upper East are £54-£58 for Thursday, which is completely outrageous IMO. I'm sure Levy has done his sums and worked out he'd rather have a 2/3 full stadium at Cat A prices than a full stadium at Cat B/C, but it just stinks of money-grabbing and makes the fans look part-time.

It's actually only a Category B fixture (upper East and West are £71-81 for Cat A) but considering that even the Inter Milan game went to general sale then it ain't really surprising that a fixture against FC Basel is nowhere near sold out. Maybe Levy should copy one of the Spammers business ideas that keeps the Boleyn filled by making kids tickets £1, to encourage families to attend as it's school holidays.

Last edited:
Did you manage to get to the game on saturday?

I was impressed with the stadium and the ease to get there. Didnt chance parking on the retail park, there was one next door that charged £6.
Had a bite to eat in the Frankie and Bennys after the game, by the time we had finished, no traffic, we were back at the Premier at Bridgend in no time.

Just a shame I couldnt enjoy the 2nd half, due to being a complete bag of nerves!

Funny timing did ask you on the swansea thread the exact question just now.

yeah went to the game,got a ticket about a week later when my application was unsuccesful in the spurs end,so sat amongst the jacks as we say down here. Agree with your sentiments,first twenty minutes we were ok(had a bet on vertonghen first goal scorer and spurs to win 4-0,so i thought we were on a good thing then),2nd half different story,don't understand why we took ade off and put defoe on after just 60 minutes,ball kept coming back to us then plus freidel time wasting,what was that all about only got the crowd going and the swansea team, again very confusing.Only ended up with 5 minutes injury time as a result.

its a nice staduim,the Liberty if we are down there again same time next season might be slightly different,they are about to start developing it to a 32k in the next few years. i parked in morrisons for the first time ever for the game ,i'll tell you if i get a ticket or not,like i said you don't have to pay the fine.

Look like StubHub (Ebay) are moving in next season to (i presume) take over duties of the ticket exchange. This is their blurb below.

The thing that stands out for me is the 'at a price that they set'(ie fans). There better be a no more than face value condition. I thought there were rules against prem tickets being resold at a profit? (or even just being resold) Or are things cosily different when two big businesses decide to partner up
[-X (i bet).

I have noticed other clubs are with via gogo etc and there doesn't appear to be control on prices, and add to that a whopping great fee on top of the ticket price.

Yet even if people want to help each other out with spares on a forum, they come down on it like a ton of bricks.

Slippery slope me thinks

New for 2013/2014

StubHub is proud to provide a safe and easy way for supporters to buy and sell seats to Spurs home matches from next season.

On StubHub:

• All One Hotspur Members will be able to resell their seat for home matches* they cannot attend at a price they set
  • Other Spurs supporters will be able to purchase these tickets
  • Every order is backed by StubHub's FanProtect™ Guarantee
  • Match programme and souvenir gift
*Seats can only be listed once the match has sold out

To find out more click here

There is no mention of whether this applies to just league matches or can also be done for cup matches. Theoretically a season ticket holder could apply for a latter stages champ league ticket and just sell it on for silly money. How much were those 1/4 final Real Madrid tickets going for?

There is no mention of whether this applies to just league matches or can also be done for cup matches. Theoretically a season ticket holder could apply for a latter stages champ league ticket and just sell it on for silly money. How much were those 1/4 final Real Madrid tickets going for?

Speculating here, but maybe they might restrict the price up to face value.
Most Spurs games are sold out so you wont have trouble shifting a ticket. But lets say we draw some muppet team like West Ham in the third round of the league cup ;). I bought a ticket for £30 but can't go, and the match is on general sale but there are still lots of unsold sections because its only the league cup and only a Championship team.

The club have already made their £30 from me so they can let me sell mine for £10 if I want. I know that if I went onto StubHub at face value people might not see any benefit over buying from the club, where as if the ticket is just £10 then they might get a bargain and I get a guaranteed sale. Win-Win (-Win, seeing as its west ham in the cup and we always beat them in the cup!).

Speculating here, but maybe they might restrict the price up to face value.
Most Spurs games are sold out so you wont have trouble shifting a ticket. But lets say we draw some muppet team like West Ham in the third round of the league cup ;). I bought a ticket for £30 but can't go, and the match is on general sale but there are still lots of unsold sections because its only the league cup and only a Championship team.

The club have already made their £30 from me so they can let me sell mine for £10 if I want. I know that if I went onto StubHub at face value people might not see any benefit over buying from the club, where as if the ticket is just £10 then they might get a bargain and I get a guaranteed sale. Win-Win (-Win, seeing as its west ham in the cup and we always beat them in the cup!).

'Seats can only be listed once the match has sold out'

Says they won't allow it if there are still unsold seats, so what is more likely to happen is people buy up tickets for games that will be sold out, and then price them up to make a quick buck.

Does anyone have a link with the club, because I'd like to know what the club's view is on how this will actually work. And whether they are sanctioning a free market in spurs tickets.
Many of the tickets I buy are through ticket exchange. Presumably from season ticket holders who can't make the game for whatever reason. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who sources tickets this way. Does this mean that those tickets will be available on the open market at whatever price someone is prepared to pay? I can see this benefits season ticket holders from a financial POV, but I'm not sure that sanctioning an unrestricted secondary market in Spurs tickets is a good thing -if this is the way it works.

'Seats can only be listed once the match has sold out'

Says they won't allow it if there are still unsold seats,
so what is more likely to happen is people buy up tickets for games that will be sold out, and then price them up to make a quick buck.

I don't get this bit, because on previous ticket exchange tickets are available to members well before the game is sold out --will this still be the case, or is this replacing the old system entirely? Quite a few games are often not sold out until a few days before, which wouldn't leave much time for buying/selling tickets. What if I'm a season ticket holder that doesn't want to go but there's still one seat unsold...no season ticket holders can list their tickets? The club should state clearly how all this is going to work.

Last edited:
I don't get this bit, because on previous ticket exchange tickets are available to members well before the game is old out --will this still be the case, or is this replacing the old system entirely? Quite a few games are often not sold out until a few days before, which wouldn't leave much time for buying/selling tickets. What if I'm a season ticket holder that doesn't want to go but there's still one seat unsold...no season ticket holders can list their tickets? The club should state clearly how all this is going to work.

From a business perspective it makes perfect sense. The club want to sell their seats before anyone else is able to resell them. You have already paid for your seats as a season ticket holder, why would they want you undercutting their prices when there are still empty seats to be sold?

After there are no more seats left the club will not care what you do with your tickets, within reason. They have already maximised their profit.

I don't see it as something a season ticket holder can really hold many complaints about though. They have paid for the right to go and see all the games. That is what they have gotten. It is plausible that they will be unable to make some of them, however that is hardly the clubs fault.

They should explain it better, but they haven't. It's likely that we won't know the ins and out of it until they actually implement it.

Does anyone have a link with the club, because I'd like to know what the club's view is on how this will actually work. And whether they are sanctioning a free market in spurs tickets.
Many of the tickets I buy are through ticket exchange. Presumably from season ticket holders who can't make the game for whatever reason. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who sources tickets this way. Does this mean that those tickets will be available on the open market at whatever price someone is prepared to pay? I can see this benefits season ticket holders from a financial POV, but I'm not sure that sanctioning an unrestricted secondary market in Spurs tickets is a good thing -if this is the way it works.

Good points and they definitely need clarified. I would buy tickets on "buy back" on occasion and get loyalty points awarded. How will they award loyalty points and load the match onto the membership card? As a Bronze member I don't want to have to compete with a non-member and I still want to have points awarded. I pay £47 for the privilege.

All a bit worrying.

From a business perspective it makes perfect sense. The club want to sell their seats before anyone else is able to resell them. You have already paid for your seats as a season ticket holder, why would they want you undercutting their prices when there are still empty seats to be sold?

After there are no more seats left the club will not care what you do with your tickets, within reason. They have already maximised their profit.

I don't see it as something a season ticket holder can really hold many complaints about though. They have paid for the right to go and see all the games. That is what they have gotten. It is plausible that they will be unable to make some of them, however that is hardly the clubs fault.

They should explain it better, but they haven't. It's likely that we won't know the ins and out of it until they actually implement it.

No I wasn't disagreeing with your analysis ..which is perfectly logical. What I didn't get was how the club would implement this, given the various knock on effects. As you say it will need further clarification from the club, but there is plenty of scope for unintended/unanticipated consequences and ensuing balls up. From a purely selfish perspective, I liked being able to select tickets through the previous ticket exchange, choose where I was sitting and pay face value. I valued it as one of the benefits of being member, especially given the size of the waiting list, and as getting tickets on the member's day is a bit of a lottery. But it looks as if that ticket purchase process might be getting a bit more difficult/expensive now.

No I wasn't disagreeing with your analysis ..which is perfectly logical. What I didn't get was how the club would implement this, given the various knock on effects. As you say it will need further clarification from the club, but there is plenty of scope for unintended/unanticipated consequences and ensuing balls up. From a purely selfish perspective, I liked being able to select tickets through the previous ticket exchange, choose where I was sitting and pay face value. I valued it as one of the benefits of being member, especially given the size of the waiting list, and as getting tickets on the member's day is a bit of a lottery. But it looks as if that ticket purchase process might be getting a bit more difficult/expensive now.

Once it goes to general sale you don't have to be a member to get tickets on the exchange.

Once it goes to general sale you don't have to be a member to get tickets on the exchange.

I didn't realise that. Probably because I'd logged on anyway, and assumed it was only members. I liked the fact that it seemed quite hidden away.
Presumably though if there is secondary market and tickets can be bought/sold above face value, it will encourage speculators, and prices will go up (assuming there is demand), not sure how availability would be affected. Hopefully all will be explained before next season -although given previous changes with ticketing service providers I wouldn't bet on it.

Back