• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News

Couple mates who come with us are within 1000 been offered west stand tickets last two summers needless to say they didn't take Daniel up on his offer of a season ticket for 1400 quid or whatever

This doesn't sit well with me at all, leaves the club able to hold back tickets and sell them at extortionate prices and fleece the fans IMO, just in the same way as concert tickets are sold

All tickets should be cost price plus admin price.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/News/stubhub-290413.page

CAN'T MAKE EVERY MATCH? SELL YOUR SEAT ON STUBHUB!

Posted 29 April 2013 10:39am

StubHub, the world's largest ticket marketplace and the official secondary ticketing partner of Tottenham Hotspur, is proud to provide a safe and easy way for supporters to buy and sell seats to home matches*.

This is a true exchange for all Spurs supporters to buy and sell freely and safely amongst each other.

One Hotspur Season Ticket Members can list their seats for matches they cannot attend, and set the price they want. Other Spurs supporters can then purchase these tickets and watch matches they may otherwise have missed.

The Club will not dictate pricing and StubHub never sells tickets or sets any prices themselves. Listing your spare seat for sale on StubHub.co.uk is easy, and you’ll be walked through each step of the process.

*Seats can only be listed once the match has sold out.

Here are just some of the benefits for the 2013/2014 Season:

• It’s free to list your seats, you only pay a commission if they sell

You can set your price and change it whenever you like

• StubHub handles all customer service and support

• Every order is backed by StubHub's FanProtectTM Guarantee

• You can remove your listing before it sells and your membership card will remain valid for the match

• If you chose to sell your seat, your membership card will be deactivated for that match

• You’ll get paid for all sales you complete as promised in your listing

• You’ll never have to deal directly with buyers – when a buyer makes a purchase, StubHub will send the ticket info to the club so they can remove the match tickets from the seller’s membership card and issue paper tickets for the buyer to pick up from the stadium on the day of the match

• One Hotspur Season Ticket Members will have no liability for the purchaser’s behaviour in the stadium. Spurs will take responsibility for ensuring the buyer adheres to the ground regulations when attending the match.

In the meantime, we've got plenty of gigs and shows to keep you entertained on StubHub.co.uk.

So..... got my email from the club about this today. Sent customercare@tottenhamhotspur.com the following email:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a club member and I am very concerned with what I read in this message. The system looks wide open to abuse by ticket touts.

1) Sellers are able to set their own price. With THFC home matches frequently sold out there is a clear demand, and therefore extortionate prices will almost certainly be the case.

2) It is hard enough as it is to get tickets for Cat A games like Arsenal, Manchester United etc, however with the current arrangements I can only imagine fans will go online to get tickets for these games if they can go. With this, people can now go onto the website and buy a ticket which they know will score them a huge profit. So as a regular punter, who just wants to go to games, the probability of me getting a ticket are much reduced as I'm not up against fellow desperate fans, I now have the Tottenham High Road touts to contend with (and then some).

Please can you clarify what the club will be doing to combat these two concerns and also address a further question - what is wrong with continuing with the current Ticket Exchange system?

Within ten minutes I had received the following reply:

Thank you for your email to the Club and your interest relating to StubHub.

We will publish a full Q & A and FAQ information sheet on the Club website during the close season that will answer all of your queries and many others supporters may have.

Kind regards,

Jake
Customer Care Team

Given that it is probably largely a cut and paste job, I'm guessing that they have already had a few concerns like mine. The more the better I say, so if you have the same worries then drop the club an email (feel free to copy and paste mine if you want), just to +1 to the number against.

On the plus side, good to see that Livermore's versatility is proving useful once again.

Nice one, will be sending mine tomorrow.

You make a valid point.. anyone behind a keyboard can now become a tout. Ridiculous decision by the club IMO. They should set it to ticket price and if they do not sell then the ticket holder can sell at a reduced amount if they wish to get the ticket sold.

Any other decision is just a kick in the teeth to every fan just hoping to see a handful of games a year because the costs are beyond them.

IMO the tickets that go on general sale will 100% be available on stubhub at a higher amount than ticket price the moment they are available, with them reducing in price the closer to game date. Hell, because the tickets are picked up at the stadium they can make them cost price on the day before the game date.

Ticketmaster have been doing this brick for the last year or so, using GETMEIN, there sister site. Ever tried getting a decent ticket nowadays at the 02.. its impossible. They hold them back and put them on GETMEIN. Go to that site and look under the logo.. tickets for real fans.. haha the ones that are willing to overpay to see there idols no matter the cost.

2) It is hard enough as it is to get tickets for Cat A games like Arsenal, Manchester United etc, however with the current arrangements I can only imagine fans will go online to get tickets for these games if they can go. With this, people can now go onto the website and buy a ticket which they know will score them a huge profit. So as a regular punter, who just wants to go to games, the probability of me getting a ticket are much reduced as I'm not up against fellow desperate fans, I now have the Tottenham High Road touts to contend with (and then some).
Obviously have to wait for Livermore's FAQ, but does it apply to all tickets for the game, or just season tickets:

One Hotspur Season Ticket Members can list their seats...
?

Obviously have to wait for Livermore's FAQ, but does it apply to all tickets for the game, or just season tickets:

?

Not worried about season ticket holders doing it.. how will we know whether or not the club is holding back tickets that are available to the new fans on the normal general sale. They know there is high demand at the moment. Albeit less for Europa league.. so how do we know that those on general sale are not now going to be fictucious season ticket holders.

http://officialthst.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/q-with-everton-blue-union_30.html
The end of the 2012/2013 season also sees the end of the original Spurs Ticket Exchange. This has been replaced by a partnership with StubHub, an ebay company, which states that fans can “resell seats for home matches they can’t attend, set their own price and change it whenever they like”. While the system will only be activated once a home game has sold out, the move to StubHub has caused many ripples among the Spurs fanbase, and rightly so. Secondary ticketing markets can be little more than legalised touting.
THST has called a meeting with THFC to discuss the partnership and how the StubHub exchange will work for Spurs fans. This will take place ahead of the Southampton home game on Saturday, 4th May. Rather than mulling over the theory, THST contacted Everton’s The Blue Union for some practical experience of StubHub. Both Everton and Sunderland have been using StubHub’s system this season.
Here, Simon Magner of The Blue Union, responds to questions posed by Spurs fans via @THSTOfficial’s Twitter account on 20th April. While Simon’s answers are, obviously, Everton specific, they provide plenty of food for thought for Spurs fans...

1. Prior to moving over to StubHub this season, what system was in place for Everton fans to sell on unwanted match tickets?
Before this season’s deal with StubHub, there was nothing in place to sell on match tickets. Most fans tended to (and probably still do) pass on their tickets to friends/family.

2. Was the introduction of StubHub greeted with much resistance or scepticism from Everton supporters?
There was a mixed reaction from Evertonians. Many saw this as a good business deal for the club, bringing in much needed extra revenue (although I’m not sure what the exact figures are), some Evertonians were slightly more sceptical and realised that this kind of scheme has very little policing, opening the door for legalised ticket touting.

3. With no upper limit on ticket pricing, have Everton fans managed to keep resale prices at a sensible level?
For the majority of the season, I would say the average Evertonian has benefitted from this deal. The club has struggled to sell out Goodison Park this season, and tickets for several games could be found on StubHub, priced between £15-20. Everton also ran a scheme which gave season ticket holders two vouchers for discounted match tickets (£15) to pass onto friends and family.

4. Is the Everton StubHub model open to members of EFC only?
No, any supporter can take advantage of the StubHub selling mechanism, which opens a number of safety concerns regarding away fans sitting in home ends.

5. If not, how have EFC ensured tickets are bought by home supporters? Have there been any instances of away fans buying tickets in the home end?
I am unsure if there have been any direct instances of away fans purchasing tickets in the home end via StubHub and I am unaware of any problems this may have caused. As far as I know, Everton do very little to help police this.

6. How much were tickets selling for, on average, for the bigger games i.e. Merseyside derby etc.? Was this more than face value?
Tickets were spotted on StubHub for the Merseyside derby at £200. The face value for these kind of matches is usually around £40.

7. Presumably, StubHub charges a commission on each transaction. What percentage is this of the sale value?
On a typical order (not necessarily EFC tickets), StubHub would take a 20-25% of the purchase price. Buyers tend to pay 10% more than the listed price and sellers receive 10-15% less. Obviously, this has not been the case with most tickets for Everton but would change depending on ticket demand.

8. Does the Everton StubHub model offer an option to sell away tickets also?
No. StubHub does not sell away tickets on behalf of the club. Everton usually have a healthy away support, and the club sometimes decides to take a lower allocation since this reduces the up front cost the club is expected to pay.

9. After a season of using StubHub, what’s the reality of Everton fans’ experience of the system as opposed to the preconception?
In the main, the system appears to be beneficial, for the time being, while demand is low. As I have said previously, we have had very few sell outs this season and there have usually been plenty of tickets available for supporters at the ground. I think most Evertonians (non-ST holders) who require match tickets would still use the official ticket office at Goodison Park before purchasing tickets from StubHub –possibly because many are unsure how the system works and may not even be aware of it. There is obviously still the worry that as demand increases, so too will ticket prices – especially for premium games. I believe this should be a cause for concern for clubs such as Spurs whose match tickets appear to be in high demand and are fairly expensive in comparison. This could potentially see ticket prices soar.

I sent this yesterday (and received same auto respond from "Jake") as I was already concerned when the original announcement was made -nice to get some fans consultation about important issues that directly affect them eh?

"I'm a Spurs member and wanted to ask a couple of questions regarding how Stub Hub will operate, I couldn't find the relevant information on the net, and many people on the Spurs forums I visit have been asking similar questions.

1. Can tickets be bought and sold at above face value?
2. What measures, if any, are there to prevent people running a secondary market in the tickets. i.e. non-supporters buying from members, possibly in bulk, and then ramping up prices to supporter purchasers.
3. it says that tickets cannot be listed until a match is sold out. What does sold out actually mean in this context?

Here is one example.
One/a few tickets remain unsold right until an hour before kick off.
However, many season ticket holders wish to exchange/sell tickets via Stub Hub but are unable to because a few tickets remain unsold.
How does the system work in that example?

4. Is Stub Hub replacing the old ticket exchange service?
5. Under the old system I used to be able to see exactly where my seat was located for any ticket purchased via Ticket Exchange -will this still be the case?

Thank you for your time and help, and I look forward to your response."

IIRC there was a couple of posters that were successful in the UEFA public ballot for EL final tickets...............

permission to fill your boots with that dirty lowlife chelscum money. Slags

I've got two tickets if it was any other club in the world even arsenal or west ham I'd sell for face value not now tho ;) oh well.

I sent this yesterday (and received same auto respond from "Jake") as I was already concerned when the original announcement was made -nice to get some fans consultation about important issues that directly affect them eh?

"I'm a Spurs member and wanted to ask a couple of questions regarding how Stub Hub will operate, I couldn't find the relevant information on the net, and many people on the Spurs forums I visit have been asking similar questions.

1. Can tickets be bought and sold at above face value?
2. What measures, if any, are there to prevent people running a secondary market in the tickets. i.e. non-supporters buying from members, possibly in bulk, and then ramping up prices to supporter purchasers.
3. it says that tickets cannot be listed until a match is sold out. What does sold out actually mean in this context?

Here is one example.
One/a few tickets remain unsold right until an hour before kick off.
However, many season ticket holders wish to exchange/sell tickets via Stub Hub but are unable to because a few tickets remain unsold.
How does the system work in that example?

4. Is Stub Hub replacing the old ticket exchange service?
5. Under the old system I used to be able to see exactly where my seat was located for any ticket purchased via Ticket Exchange -will this still be the case?

Thank you for your time and help, and I look forward to your response."

I discussed this with someone at the game yesterday as I couldnt believe what I was hearing. I sell a lot of my season ticket games via the exchange and get like 90% value back of each game. If this is right and I can sell it at whatever value I like - isnt that just touting really? more legalised touting - I think it is a good thing as it keeps it under control but a bad thing because it can be open to abuse. What stops me buying an ST and selling each game on average at 30-100 quid profit? so im up by about 6-700 at end of season.

I discussed this with someone at the game yesterday as I couldnt believe what I was hearing. I sell a lot of my season ticket games via the exchange and get like 90% value back of each game. If this is right and I can sell it at whatever value I like - isnt that just touting really? more legalised touting - I think it is a good thing as it keeps it under control but a bad thing because it can be open to abuse. What stops me buying an ST and selling each game on average at 30-100 quid profit? so im up by about 6-700 at end of season.

A very good point. And the answer, from what I've seen so far, seems to be there is nothing to stop anyone doing that. Let's hope the club's FAQ addresses this and other issues. I'm not holding out much hope though.

If its like Everton's then anyone can buy a ticket and put it up on stub hub.

Which will 100% mean no tickets will ever get to general sale. Thus forcing people to join the membership schemes or making them pay tout prices at stub hub.

As said, the club will hold tickets back purposely to make more money as concert organisers do for pop concerts. Its a clear win win for the club but not for the fans being priced out of the game who wish to go to two or three games a year.

Make no bones about it, anyone wanting a European ticket is going to have to pay premium now, as instead of 10,000 tickets being available the club is now making it so that season ticket holders take up there allocation thus meaning they are able to sell that ticket at a premium instead of passing to the next on the queue at cost price.

I hope I am wrong and its only season tickets that are affected.

This is one depressing as hell thread, I had no idea before reading this how much fans like me will be screwed over by this system. As it is it's a gamble whether or not Bronze members can snap up a ticket for a Cat A match. We have to be very aware of on-sale dates and time logging-in bang on time to stand any hope. It seems that this stub-hub will completely eradicate any chance we had of getting a ticket to these games. There'll be so many profiteers who buy a membership so they can try to get these tickets then sell them legally for £200+ (absolutely inevitable prices will go this high with a free market and the demand Spurs has). Of course the club profits as all these touts will be buying memberships, and the club will sell out either way. What a fudging disgrace this is, I've tolerated THFC bricking on loyal fans for a while, but this is beyond bricking on us. I wonder what the (almost dead already) atmosphere will be like in the ground next year...

A very good point. And the answer, from what I've seen so far, seems to be there is nothing to stop anyone doing that. Let's hope the club's FAQ addresses this and other issues. I'm not holding out much hope though.

Ill be honest - im a season ticket holder so it works for me (from a selfish view point). I have had the ST for eight seasons and I havent brought the ST solely for the reason of making money out of selling the individual games. So from one view point (selfish view point) I wouldnt mind this but in terms of the 'spirit' of things - it does appear to be just legalised touting.

Back