• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News

Im in a bit of a situation, should we get through to the SF's im at the Belfry for a golf weekend with some pals the same weekend..

Do I only have one day at the Belfry and go to the SF or do I play golf and watch it on the the tv's there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it was at Villa Park, I couldve played golf then driven 30 mins to the SF

Gazza '91 v arsenal?

Different though as I think at the time people probably thought that a Wembley semi was going to be a one off, and, no matter where that result happened it would have been amazing :D

A large proportion of FA Cup final tickets are actually given to the people who contribute to the game at grass roots levels - it's the FA's way of saying thank you (this was explained in detail some time ago by a GG poster who had actually been the recipient of one of these free tickets once in recognition of his community work). I've got less issue with this than with giving out tens of thousands of tickets to corporates/sponsors/competition winners, but I still think that cup finals should be all about the fans of the teams who actually get there.
Yes, that's true, that is definitely more palatable than tickets going to people who are just there for the free food and booze. Those people who work at grass roots levels should be rewarded, but I think tickets for England friendlies and qualifiers would be a better choice for them. It doesn't seem right to reward someone by potentially denying someone else the chance to see what might be a once in a lifetime event for the team they support.

Keep cup finals for the fans of the teams involved, reward grass roots workers with tickets for a big England match. Everyone benefits.

A large proportion of FA Cup final tickets are actually given to the people who contribute to the game at grass roots levels - it's the FA's way of saying thank you (this was explained in detail some time ago by a GG poster who had actually been the recipient of one of these free tickets once in recognition of his community work). I've got less issue with this than with giving out tens of thousands of tickets to corporates/sponsors/competition winners, but I still think that cup finals should be all about the fans of the teams who actually get there.

I've no problem with the FA handing out tickets to reward those who have contributed to the game in some way.

But those tickets should be for England games - more specifically, England friendlies which rarely sell out anyway.

I don't especially mind that there are 17,000 corporate tickets. Wembley would never have been built without the advance sale of all the ten year corporate packages.

It's the unnecessary allocation of tickets to every other club and every other affiliated association from the non league in England to the FA of New Zealand etc that annoys me. No need. And half those tickets end up on the black market at ?ú500 a pop.

yep ticket i bought off a tout for the 91 final was one allocated to ipswich.

just a joke the vast majority of the hangers on tickets end up on the black market

I'm quite surprised to see that most of the East Stand blocks are still showing up as Green for 'good availability' and currently only the away section has no seats available, guess this fixture will get to a General Sale.

No doubt we'll get given most of Bolton's allocation back too. They brought nobody in the league, can't imagine they'll bring any more than just the upper corner!

No doubt we'll get given most of Bolton's allocation back too. They brought nobody in the league, can't imagine they'll bring any more than just the upper corner!

This. Couple of Bolton fans at work said even if Stevenage had won the replay and only got 1000 tickets like we did,they still wouldnt have sold them all

Back