• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News 2017/18

http://www.thstofficial.com/thst-news/ticket-exchange-thst-comment

I thought the trust represented all spurs supporters but this latest release regarding the ticket exchange just stinks of self-interest and pure ignorance of the facts.

On the other matters i agree. The lack of communication regarding the Saudi Sportswashing Machine fixture. The lack of amnesty for ST's this year. The pricing of ST's this year.

The exchange: The only fundamental thing that has changed from last year is the capacity of our home ground. (all the waffle about tv etc is just like any other season) This has moved ST's from a position of strength (regarding re-selling) to a position of weakness. That is all.

The club is operating the exchange (sans StubHub!) just as it was last year ie sold out. Last season they could easily re-sell their ticket up to £125 on stub-hub as sell-outs were common. ST holders liked this. Now another 60,000 people have to purchase before they can sell, they don't like it.

Empty seats is such a poor argument. The one seat i buy off them is then one seat i don't buy in the upper tier. It's neutral.

I get the feeling many of this years ST holders are looking at selling on quite a large quota of their games. This they have now realised, will not be easy and blame the club. The club have kept the policy the same, which is fair as it protects their own position of bums on seats.

They say they lobbied for face value re-sells. Honorable on the face of it but were they just looking at recouping as much as possible in the face of the bottom falling out of demand and secondly very annoying as it has put a false bottom on re-sale prices as i am sure there would be tickets for games at £10-20 if the market was free to set its on level.

It's easy to get people (ST holders) behind this 'outrage' and blame the club. The club have done nothing different. It's just a (mass) misjudgment on ST's behalf and of course is all about money.

As i say self-interested and poorly reasoned.

Last edited:
Let me be the first to lead the opening chorus of.......

'Your grounds to big for you........your grounds to big for you'
Exactly, and it's going to be far worse if Chelsea fans are singing it on the 20th. But with about 74k sold so far, hopefully we won't have hear that cute little refrain :)

It's worth noting that even if we officially sell out, there will be gaps as the club count tickets sold and not seats filled, and I would guess some STHs won't be at the game and might not want/be able to loan out/resell their ST.

Incidentally, I agree THST are going OTT over this ticket exchange business. It's much better for the club not to allow tickets on the exchange until a game is sold out. It means it is more likely someone will buy a seat that hasn't been paid for yet. Where I agree with the Trust is that prices were set too high, and had they been lower, I'm sure sell outs would occur much more, then STHs could resell on the exchange.

Exactly, and it's going to be far worse if Chelsea fans are singing it on the 20th. But with about 74k sold so far, hopefully we won't have hear that cute little refrain :)

It's worth noting that even if we officially sell out, there will be gaps as the club count tickets sold and not seats filled, and I would guess some STHs won't be at the game and might not want/be able to loan out/resell their ST.

Incidentally, I agree THST are going OTT over this ticket exchange business. It's much better for the club not to allow tickets on the exchange until a game is sold out. It means it is more likely someone will buy a seat that hasn't been paid for yet. Where I agree with the Trust is that prices were set too high, and had they been lower, I'm sure sell outs would occur much more, then STHs could resell on the exchange.
Agree.....i think they got the pricing, ST and matchday slighty wrong......20% less all round perhaps.?

Agree.....i think they got the pricing, ST and matchday slighty wrong......20% less all round perhaps.?

I think the club cares more about making as much money as possible than bragging rights. We will still sell out some games.

If they'd gone low with a view to selling out every game that would be used against us by opposition fans as well. :p

I genuinely think we'll have some sub 50,000 crowds this year....and i mean PL games and thats thru the turnstile numbers, not tickets sold.

I thought the trust represented all spurs supporters but this latest release regarding the ticket exchange just stinks of self-interest and pure ignorance of the facts.

On the other matters i agree. The lack of communication regarding the Saudi Sportswashing Machine fixture. The lack of amnesty for ST's this year. The pricing of ST's this year.

The exchange: The only fundamental thing that has changed from last year is the capacity of our home ground. (all the waffle about tv etc is just like any other season) This has moved ST's from a position of strength (regarding re-selling) to a position of weakness. That is all.

The club is operating the exchange (sans StubHub!) just as it was last year ie sold out. Last season they could easily re-sell their ticket up to £125 on stub-hub as sell-outs were common. ST holders liked this. Now another 60,000 people have to purchase before they can sell, they don't like it.

Empty seats is such a poor argument. The one seat i buy off them is then one seat i don't buy in the upper tier. It's neutral.

I get the feeling many of this years ST holders are looking at selling on quite a large quota of their games. This they have now realised, will not be easy and blame the club. The club have kept the policy the same, which is fair as it protects their own position of bums on seats.

They say they lobbied for face value re-sells. Honorable on the face of it but were they just looking at recouping as much as possible in the face of the bottom falling out of demand and secondly very annoying as it has put a false bottom on re-sale prices as i am sure there would be tickets for games at £10-20 if the market was free to set its on level.

It's easy to get people (ST holders) behind this 'outrage' and blame the club. The club have done nothing different. It's just a (mass) misjudgment on ST's behalf and of course is all about money.

It would be impossible for any organisation to represent the views of all supporters. You've only got to look at this forum to see the number of divergent views on most topics. The best they can do is try to represent their members first, or at least the majority view of their members (which I assume is what they are doing), whilst taking into account the views fed into them from a wider audience.
In fairness, you've listed 4 topics from their article, and said you agree with their opinion on 3 of them. So maybe they're not totally unrepresentative? (I am not a member btw).

I veer more towards your view on the Ticket Exchange, but then it's easy for me to not be too bothered as I don't think I'll miss that many games and I've never had a ST before. I also bought a ST for my nephew but I doubt he'll get to more than 10 or so games (including cup games not on the ST), so the resale exchange would be useful for his seat. But the ST was bought knowing he wouldn't be able to make every game (and obviously it was at half price) so it's a cost that I always knew would probably just have to be swallowed. A worthwhile trade-off for getting a seat for him in the new stadium.

It would be impossible for any organisation to represent the views of all supporters. You've only got to look at this forum to see the number of divergent views on most topics. The best they can do is try to represent their members first, or at least the majority view of their members (which I assume is what they are doing), whilst taking into account the views fed into them from a wider audience.
In fairness, you've listed 4 topics from their article, and said you agree with their opinion on 3 of them. So maybe they're not totally unrepresentative? (I am not a member btw).

I veer more towards your view on the Ticket Exchange, but then it's easy for me to not be too bothered as I don't think I'll miss that many games and I've never had a ST before. I also bought a ST for my nephew but I doubt he'll get to more than 10 or so games (including cup games not on the ST), so the resale exchange would be useful for his seat. But the ST was bought knowing he wouldn't be able to make every game (and obviously it was at half price) so it's a cost that I always knew would probably just have to be swallowed. A worthwhile trade-off for getting a seat for him in the new stadium.

I'm not accusing them of not representing (or mis-representing) any supporters, i'm accusing them of poor analysis of the situation, so much so that it smells of self-interest. That interest is to recoup as much as possible for themselves. The only thing that's changed is the capacity. That makes that harder. Just as a small capacity allowed them to profit from a ST (if they wanted). The club has changed nothing, the system is the same.........so don't blame them.

In fact i could blame them for creating bitterness by sabre rattling about a situation they are plain wrong about.

The reason i mentioned the other points, that i agree with, is to demonstrate that i am quite fair on dealing with each point on its merits (although some are subjective) and don't 'have it in for them'.

Can't believe the club still haven't published the Cut off for those people hoping to go Saudi Sportswashing Machine next week. Any good will built up over the past 6-7 seasons with their ticketing policy has been destroyed in 12 dire weeks imo.

Complete joke imo

Everton away isnt so much of a problem, but a match 9 days off...

Your seem rather insecure about the attendance. Sure, it would be nice if we sold out...but at the end of the day, who really cares? It’s a stadium more than double our normal one, and a third bigger than our new one. “PR own goal” - rubbish.

Pretty much agree with all of that. I took a ST this season knowing I wouldn't be able to make all the games (400 mile round trip, work commitments etc) because I want a place in the new stadium. That said it pains me that my seat is going to be empty on occasion and there's little or no chance of me being able to pass it on to someone (strangely, despite our global fan-base, Spurs fans in Leeds are thin on the ground, so passing it on to mates is not really an option). I'm not looking for profit or even to cover costs. I'd be happy if the club could resell it at face value and pass back 50% or whatever (actually I could probably live with just a loyalty point on my account), that way the club's increasing revenues and somebody benefits. I just hate to think of those little red dots around the stadium, which now seem inevitable.

It's going to be interesting. A bit like going back to 60s/70s when you'd be rammed in against Man Utd one week and rattling around against Stoke the next. But at least then you could move about and stand with all your mates and create your own atmosphere ;)

Your seem rather insecure about the attendance. Sure, it would be nice if we sold out...but at the end of the day, who really cares? It’s a stadium more than double our normal one, and a third bigger than our new one. “PR own goal” - rubbish.
I think lots of people care whether we sell out v Chelsea or not, but even if they don't, I certainly do.

If we only got 60-70k then I think it would be a PR 'own goal', you think otherwise, no problem.

Luckily, I am confident that we will get substantially more than 70k so that particular 'own goal' won't happen.

I'm not accusing them of not representing (or mis-representing) any supporters, i'm accusing them of poor analysis of the situation, so much so that it smells of self-interest. That interest is to recoup as much as possible for themselves. The only thing that's changed is the capacity. That makes that harder. Just as a small capacity allowed them to profit from a ST (if they wanted). The club has changed nothing, the system is the same.........so don't blame them.

In fact i could blame them for creating bitterness by sabre rattling about a situation they are plain wrong about.

The reason i mentioned the other points, that i agree with, is to demonstrate that i am quite fair on dealing with each point on its merits (although some are subjective) and don't 'have it in for them'.

Fair enough. I probably took your opening words a bit too literally!

I agree that having lobbied long and hard to have the Stubhub arrangement removed and for a return to the in-house platform, it feels wrong to then be challenging that in-house platform when, as you say, it's working as it always has done.
The £7.50 booking fee per ticket does feel very steep. But I suppose the system has to be paid for - and it's probably actually cheaper than Stubhub fees, just more transparent.

Disagree completely... So 10k cant attend or dont want to attend a game the week before xmas at home v burnley.
Rather than 10k of members who can fill the bottom bowl create a atmosphere, those 10k members will have to sit in the upper bowl.

Looks bad, members get a worse seat, you have to steward and open upper tier for 10k fans. THST pushed for resale at face once a section (or price cat) was sold-out. Which would give members the option. Hated stubhub and fans profiting from fans, however there was another option.

Plus for 1 season the amount of goodwill they should have got by selling season tickets for 400, then selling the seats for half the current price to new members.
We could have got a new influx of supporters from wembley area, some who would then come to WHL, and also would have sold the stadium out, like for champs league.
Apart from stewarding cost, club would have made same money, but got good publicity and goodwill.

What we will now have is empty seats all over the place, and at times 45k attending instead of 90k

Screams of somebody in the ticket office saying dont worry we have 60k on ST list and we can easily sell-out, unfortunately even in the new stadium i dont think it will be that easy.

Disagree completely... So 10k cant attend or dont want to attend a game the week before xmas at home v burnley.
Rather than 10k of members who can fill the bottom bowl create a atmosphere, those 10k members will have to sit in the upper bowl.

Looks bad, members get a worse seat, you have to steward and open upper tier for 10k fans. THST pushed for resale at face once a section (or price cat) was sold-out. Which would give members the option. Hated stubhub and fans profiting from fans, however there was another option.

Aesthetics, stadium view, and minor stewarding costs is not what this is about.......its about who gets paid.

Plus for 1 season the amount of goodwill they should have got by selling season tickets for 400, then selling the seats for half the current price to new members.
We could have got a new influx of supporters from wembley area, some who would then come to WHL, and also would have sold the stadium out, like for champs league.
Apart from stewarding cost, club would have made same money, but got good publicity and goodwill.

Oh i agree with this but is not the point i was discussing.

What we will now have is empty seats all over the place, and at times 45k attending instead of 90k

??The amount of people attending, will not be affected as the ticket supply is almost limitless

Fair enough. I probably took your opening words a bit too literally!

I agree that having lobbied long and hard to have the Stubhub arrangement removed and for a return to the in-house platform, it feels wrong to then be challenging that in-house platform when, as you say, it's working as it always has done.
The £7.50 booking fee per ticket does feel very steep. But I suppose the system has to be paid for - and it's probably actually cheaper than Stubhub fees, just more transparent.

I think the fee should have come out of the refund to the seller. Would make it less desirable to hang on to season tickets when you have no intention of going to games (which was my biggest gripe with the stubhub arrangement), especially now cup finals and away games will be ST only.

The club announcement does say "The Club reserves the right to exercise its discretion to open or close the Season Ticket Exchange at any point in the sales process" : so if they see a high number of STs being offered back, they may well decide not to wait for a game to be sold out. However, maximising revenue has to be the priority, given the new stadium costs, and the additional costs of hiring Wembley.
Do people really think that there will be swathes and swathes of people returning tickets? For some games on Stubhub you might see several hundred. That number will undoubtedly increase just because the number of STs has increased. But we're not going to be seeing a half-empty lower tier, are we?
I think it will be case by case as the season goes on.

I think the fee should have come out of the refund to the seller. Would make it less desirable to hang on to season tickets when you have no intention of going to games (which was my biggest gripe with the stubhub arrangement), especially now cup finals and away games will be ST only.
Don't email the THST with that suggestion.

Ha. That would go down well!

I wonder how many perennial profiteers there are, as opposed to fans who genuinely can't attend odd games?
Maybe there should be a cap on the number of times you can re-sell a ticket each season.

Pretty much agree with all of that. I took a ST this season knowing I wouldn't be able to make all the games (400 mile round trip, work commitments etc) because I want a place in the new stadium. That said it pains me that my seat is going to be empty on occasion and there's little or no chance of me being able to pass it on to someone (strangely, despite our global fan-base, Spurs fans in Leeds are thin on the ground, so passing it on to mates is not really an option). I'm not looking for profit or even to cover costs. I'd be happy if the club could resell it at face value and pass back 50% or whatever (actually I could probably live with just a loyalty point on my account), that way the club's increasing revenues and somebody benefits. I just hate to think of those little red dots around the stadium, which now seem inevitable.

It's going to be interesting. A bit like going back to 60s/70s when you'd be rammed in against Man Utd one week and rattling around against Stoke the next. But at least then you could move about and stand with all your mates and create your own atmosphere ;)
Maybe we can set-up our own little network on here for you ST holders that cant make games?

Back