• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News - 2014/15

As usual: No posting of the fixture list in its entirety. Intellectual property, yada yada yada

West Ham away first up :ross:

Then QPR and Liverpool at home in the next two

Quite interesting opening

Last edited:
Opening four fixtures:
West Ham away (Aug 16)
QPR at home (Aug 23)
Liverpool at home (Aug 30)
Sunderland away (Sept 13)

BqZcfPNCEAETXfs.png

Chelsea-Burnley, that's more like it.

Arsenal away (Sept 27)
Chelsea away (Dec 3)
Chelsea at home (Jan 1)
Arsenal at home (Feb 7)
W.Ham at home (Feb 21)

Play-off round, first leg 21/08/14
QPR (H)

Play-off round, second leg 28/08/14
Liverpool (H)

Group stage, matchday one 18/09/14
WBA (H)

Group stage, matchday two 02/10/14
Southampton (H)

Group stage, matchday three 23/10/14
Saudi Sportswashing Machine (H)

Group stage, matchday four 06/11/14
Stoke (H)

Group stage, matchday five 27/11/14
Aston Villa (A)

Group stage, matchday six 11/12/14
Swansea (A)

Run-in: Saudi Sportswashing Machine (A), Southampton (A), City (H), Stoke (A), Hull (H), Everton (A)

:rio:

As per the norm. Shouldn't be a difficult opener but we will make it so and scum are at home as are the other sky4. Yawn yawn.

Man Utd's run-in :eek: :

Saudi Sportswashing Machine (A), Tottenham (H), Liverpool (A), Aston Villa (H), City (H), Chelsea (A), Everton (A), WBA (H), Palace (A), Arsenal (H), Hull (A)

Strange fixtures,normally if we are away first game we be home last game.......also normally the champions always have a home game to start,i presume man ure influence with premier league/sky to say they want a home game start and if possible play all of the promoted sides in the first six weeks.

So now its the loooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg wait for sky/bt to fight over what they want to show.............can't understand why they can't decide August games straight off ,not as if these games will have to be moved for any other reasons.

Stitched up again

Away first match
Away last match
4 of the last 6 away...obviously meaning Arsenal get the opposite WALOB

First, last and boxing day were home games last season.

Giving **** a home game on boxing day is pointless though, Sky might as well move it now.

Play-off round, first leg 21/08/14
QPR (H)

Play-off round, second leg 28/08/14
Liverpool (H)

Group stage, matchday one 18/09/14
WBA (H)

Group stage, matchday two 02/10/14
Southampton (H)

Group stage, matchday three 23/10/14
Saudi Sportswashing Machine (H)

Group stage, matchday four 06/11/14
Stoke (H)

Group stage, matchday five 27/11/14
Aston Villa (A)

Group stage, matchday six 11/12/14
Swansea (A)

By my calculations, if we do progress to they the Group stages we wont play at home on Saturday until at least Dec 6th...

My only plus so far..if Warrington get to the Challenge Cup final on Aug 23rd, we can go this season.. nailed on Leeds rhinos win in the semis now!

Well, our first game won't be televised. Our home game v QPR will be televised on the Sunday.

Why not? Have they been announced already? I can't see a more attractive game. Usual story of promoted clubs up but it's a pretty fierce derby, with the whole new manager angle for one of the clubs.

There's a lot about that fixture list which is niggly (4/6 away in the run-in, away home at start and end of season). However, I can't make out a significantly bad run of say 3 big games back to back. Worst is Arsenal-Liverpool-West Ham. Can't see a "nasty" month in there, and on the whole those are the things that will derail a good season, where you get some momentum going.

As far as that end sequence goes, not great but you know if Arsenal had the same run they would grind the results needed out. All about our own mentality.

It's not as a stitch up like Man U and Sunderland had at the start of last season, but there isn't much to get excited about. Apart from West Ham at home for my 40th ;)

Back