• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Financial Results

It’s increased turnover proportionally to the old ground by about 200% more
I also can’t see in the numbers where the concerts sit and the boxing as it won’t be in match receipts
They sit here….

Commercial revenues from sponsorship and merchandising grew £31.5m (a 20.7% increase) as a result of new sponsors, stores being open, growth of eCommerce and the start of new major events being hosted at the stadium throughout the year.

So what... the stadium is making us loads of dosh yeh?
Yeh, we make a shed load of money but still owe a fair bit and the balance sheet will be alot more healthy when the excess players are off it.

All in all very positive

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

It’s increased turnover proportionally to the old ground by about 200% more
I also can’t see in the numbers where the concerts sit and the boxing as it won’t be in match receipts

Good point, is this just footballing revenue or is it in there somewhere do you think?

Also interesting that only £100m of the originally stated £150m capital injection was made.
It looks like in the statement he talks about £100m being taken in 'this year'. I'm assuming he means up to the end of the financial year they are reporting (end of June Iirc). So the remaining £50m (if taken) would fall into the next results.

Good point, is this just footballing revenue or is it in there somewhere do you think?
'Commercial revenues from sponsorship and merchandising grew £31.5m (a 20.7% increase) as a result of new sponsors, stores being open, growth of eCommerce and the start of new major events being hosted at the stadium throughout the year.'

Last edited:
They sit here….

Commercial revenues from sponsorship and merchandising grew £31.5m (a 20.7% increase) as a result of new sponsors, stores being open, growth of eCommerce and the start of new major events being hosted at the stadium throughout the year.
Didn’t see that last line on the original cut I saw

It looks like in the statement he talks about £100m being taken in 'this year'. I'm assuming he means up to the end of the financial year they are reporting (end of June Iirc). So the remaining £50m (if taken) would fall into the next results.
I thought there was a weird quirk as to how then could only take it within a year

Includes 'Commercial revenues from sponsorship and merchandising grew £31.5m (a 20.7% increase) as a result of new sponsors, stores being open, growth of eCommerce and the start of new major events being hosted at the stadium throughout the year.'
Just as a sidenote....In the recent documentary, Levy claimed we were selling 120,000 pints at NFL/concert events.

They sit here….

There's actually a bit more info on this in the full set of accounts:

'Other revenue contributed £31.9m (2021: £15.4m). The increase was driven by the prior year COVID-19 impact on the ability to host non-football events such as the NFL and Saracens, visitor attractions such as stadium tours and the skywalk as well as matchday catering. International travel restrictions meant that an overseas pre-season tour was still unable to take place, with the Club participating in the MIND Series domestically instead.

So that’s 2 NFL games, a boxing fight and how many nights of concerts within these accounts?

£31m seems decent I guess, depending on the number of concerts it covers.

Not a bad guess from me just over a year ago then….

Some interesting bits and pieces from the accounts:

Last season we were about £120m down on match day revenue and probably £10-20m down commercial income. These will come back in the 2022 figures. There are also two new sponsorships (Cinch and Getir) that will show in the next set of numbers. My guess is perhaps as much as £15m combined. TV and media revenue is likely to reduce in 2022 due to numbers from 2020 being pulled into 2021 and also Europa Conference being worth less than Europa (I would estimate £145m of revenue in 2022 versus 205m in 2021 as a result of these two factors.

I think we can therefore expect our revenue number in 2022 to be around £90m higher than our 2021 number, taking us to about £450m of revenue. Not quite as high as our record revenue year of 2019 but notable in the fact that it will be achieved without any major contribution from European football.

So could expect quite a bit more going into next year then. Hopefully we secure CL football once again so there's not just a temporary boost.

The £31m isn't just those events. It is also matchday catering, pre season tournaments and stadium tour/skywalk events.

The way you see it are we likely to see this grow even further next year (and in coming years)? These financial results go back to when covid, the consequences of covid including the restrictions probably still limited this to some extent?

Back