• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

FIFA U-20 World Cup 2013

Kane's low cross from wide right across the face of goal into the path of Williams for 2-0 was superb, as was his flick-on from the corner he'd previously won with a deflected goal-bound shot following a good run for England's first. However he should really have done better when clear late on but failed to place his shot beyond the reach of the goalie.

Overall he showed some class in possession though not enough to worry the likes of Ade or Defoe.

I pretty much based it on Football Manager if I am honest with you. Zouma, Areola, Umtiti, Digne, Pogba, Sanogo, Bahebeck are all great on FM (which is rarely wrong)

I have hardly heard of any of the Spanish team bar a few like Suso.

Obviously, I'm not saying I know these players and personally I don't care about any of them, I just want to see an exciting tournament involving future stars of world football who by 5 or so years time we may know a lot more about.
Deulofeu and Jese are the most popular and famous names in this Spain U-20. Both are ranked high in last season spain second division scorer table .

But my personal favorite is Oliver Torres .

Deulofeu and Jese are the most popular and famous names in this Spain U-20. Both are ranked high in last season spain second division scorer table .

But my personal favorite is Oliver Torres .

Yes, I have heard of both of them. Deulofeu is supposed to be rated very very highly at Barcelona. I have also heard of Denis from Emirates Marketing Project. I still don't think they will win it though, I will stick with the highly talented France Team, I must admit I enjoyed watching them.

Watched the second half of the England game, mainly to have a look at Kane and hoping that Pritchard would get some minutes.

Kane looked alright again, great assist, but he wasn't the standout player. I think another loan would be the best way forward for him, can't see him getting many minutes for us this season.

I think he would do better in a deeper role, he's not really built for being a lone out and out striker.

Watched the second half of the England game, mainly to have a look at Kane and hoping that Pritchard would get some minutes.

Kane looked alright again, great assist, but he wasn't the standout player. I think another loan would be the best way forward for him, can't see him getting many minutes for us this season.

I think he would do better in a deeper role, he's not really built for being a lone out and out striker.

He is a talented player. At best he could be a Sheringham.

He is a talented player. At best he could be a Sheringham.

Talent, yes. But for me for that striker role a player should have either pace or strength/height. Without any physical advantage over defenders it just become so difficult to succeed at the kind of level we want to be at. Sheringham is a decent comparison, although he was a bit taller and stronger, perhaps Kane can bulk up a bit, but that would probably make him even slower...

I think a deeper role where he can get on the ball more, get involved with passing and creating moves would suit him better. Possibly in time even a central midfield role if he has the stamina to do the defensive work.

Talent, yes. But for me for that striker role a player should have either pace or strength/height. Without any physical advantage over defenders it just become so difficult to succeed at the kind of level we want to be at. Sheringham is a decent comparison, although he was a bit taller and stronger, perhaps Kane can bulk up a bit, but that would probably make him even slower...

I think a deeper role where he can get on the ball more, get involved with passing and creating moves would suit him better. Possibly in time even a central midfield role if he has the stamina to do the defensive work.

He was definitely at the wrong club under Pearson. Clipboard panicked early. Fergie gave opps to young players from the bench but can we?

Maybe Palace loan?

Reminds me a little of barmby.

Didn't realise England have been shyte in the U-20 WC since 1997. England are winless in 13 matches in the last 4 tournaments they have played in ! They managed to progress to Round 2 in 2011 without winning a match ! Iraq was probably their best chance to get a win but they blew it again. If you look back at the England squad to the U-20 WC since 1997, not many have gone on to do well for their club or country. This shows England youngsters are more over rated than their senior squad.

Reminds me a little of barmby.

Not a bad comparison and not one I've thought of or seen made before.

Didn't realise England have been shyte in the U-20 WC since 1997. England are winless in 13 matches in the last 4 tournaments they have played in ! They managed to progress to Round 2 in 2011 without winning a match ! Iraq was probably their best chance to get a win but they blew it again. If you look back at the England squad to the U-20 WC since 1997, not many have gone on to do well for their club or country. This shows England youngsters are more over rated than their senior squad.

More than anything England got done for being tactically naive. People complain about how Spain are boring because they pass teams to death when they take the lead, but the way England were counter attacked on to concede the 2-1 goal really is unacceptable at a high level. Understandable at this level perhaps, but still naive.

U20 level is usually not a priority for the FA, they have a history of sending those that can't get into the U21 and U19. Remember Jon Obika was there last time.
That's what's a bit surprising this time around, cause it's a much more profiled team than what's usually sent.
They weren't impressive against Iraq, but in their defence they were very unlucky towards the end. Iraq is a decent side, South Korea needed penalties to beat them in the Asian U19.
As much as it's said people overrate England, everyone else in England seem to underrate the quality of world football.
England have put themselves in a dificult situation in this group, opening with a draw. But there's still possible to progress from it.
Think they need to change a bit though - might be at the expense of talented Ward-Prowse as Barkley need to be allowed more time on the ball and to go forward.
I didn't like Lundstram playing out right, narrowed the team a lot and gave one less man in attack many a times. Get Pritchard in the team to play with Barkley and it looks a lot more exciting.
Shame Nathan Redmond had to be promoted, this should have been his level.

U20 level is usually not a priority for the FA, they have a history of sending those that can't get into the U21 and U19. Remember Jon Obika was there last time.
That's what's a bit surprising this time around, cause it's a much more profiled team than what's usually sent.
They weren't impressive against Iraq, but in their defence they were very unlucky towards the end. Iraq is a decent side, South Korea needed penalties to beat them in the Asian U19.
As much as it's said people overrate England, everyone else in England seem to underrate the quality of world football.
England have put themselves in a dificult situation in this group, opening with a draw. But there's still possible to progress from it.
Think they need to change a bit though - might be at the expense of talented Ward-Prowse as Barkley need to be allowed more time on the ball and to go forward.
I didn't like Lundstram playing out right, narrowed the team a lot and gave one less man in attack many a times. Get Pritchard in the team to play with Barkley and it looks a lot more exciting.
Shame Nathan Redmond had to be promoted, this should have been his level.

Was baffled that Pritchard wasn't at least given a run out. Know too little about England's u20s to comment really but assumed that whoever got in ahead of him had to be pretty decent.

Peter Taylor is usually a pretty good judge so can only assume Pritchard is somehow not quite the sparkling talent he appears to be in a Tottenham U21 shirt.

El Salvador create history

El Salvador created a slice of history as they won their first 11-a-side match at a FIFA tournament with a 2-1 victory over Australia at the Under-20 World Cup.

The Young Socceroos jumped quickly out of the block with Josh Brillante's cracking long-range effort giving the Australians the lead in the ninth minute.

But first-half goals to Diego Coca and Jose Pena were enough for the Central Americans to write their names into the history books.

---------------------------

El Salvador's first win in a major football tournament ! Wonder how Australia are feeling about it.:lol:

El Salvador created a slice of history as they won their first 11-a-side match at a FIFA tournament with a 2-1 victory over Australia at the Under-20 World Cup.

The Young Socceroos jumped quickly out of the block with Josh Brillante's cracking long-range effort giving the Australians the lead in the ninth minute.

But first-half goals to Diego Coca and Jose Pena were enough for the Central Americans to write their names into the history books.

El Salvador's first win in a major football tournament ! Wonder how Australia are feeling about it.:lol:

Let's hope that Australia doesn't declare was on El Salvador, as Honduras did after losing a 1970 World Cup qualifier.

Let's hope that Australia doesn't declare was on El Salvador, as Honduras did after losing a 1970 World Cup qualifier.

Football War

Football War

I am sure there is already an internal war in Australia for losing to EL Salvador:lol:. Losing to tiny non-football nation like EL Salvador is an embarassing thing for any decent football nation. This must be rank up there with the major upsets like US beating England 1950, North Korea beating Italy 1966, Algeria beating West Germany 1982 and Cameroon beating Argentina 1990 etc.

Last edited:
I haven't seen any news on the match, safe to say most couldn't give a fudge.

I'm tinkled off though...our future looks very bleak. We took the lead early and threw it away! Not good enough,

Good chance of getting knocked out today

Johnstone
Thorpe - Stones - Dier - Potts
Coady
Reach - Ward Prowse - Barkley - Williams
Kane

Back