• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fernando Llorente

i totally forgot that Llorente played under Bielsa at Bilbao and was very effective.....must have impressed Poch
He was very good until (IIRC) he got sidelined because he wanted a transfer away. His form took a big dip when he wasn't playing regularly - something Poch probably needs to keep in mind, along with the fact that he seems to take a few matches to get going in a season.

This is a weird one. If reports are to be believed we seem to be pretty serious about Llorente. So what is the thinking on this? Target man plan B option?

Janssen has made some noises in the last few days about wanting to play more. Could be a reaction to that.

Janssen to Swansea would be a good move for him

I'd take Llorente. I think he would accept a bench role.

That's not the worse scenario I've seen proposed over the transfer window.

Llorente's a seasoned performer who, if he can stay healthy and be content working in a support role, would offer something different coming in as a sub. Not hard to work out the motivation some CL play would offer him.

Swansea would be a good fit right now for Janssen. I like him and want good things to happen for him, but trying to make the grade at Spurs might be a step too far right now. If you're in Janssen's shoes, all you have to do is look at how things have worked out for Sigurdsson and Carroll in their moves west from Spurs.

But this being football, things rarely work out in such a comfortable manner.

wow!! Didnt see that coming! If we're selling Janssen then i hope we're putting the money to work elsewhere. Short-term though, I think he'd add more than Janssen

How so? Llorente is a big static target man. With no wingers, he just doesn't fit our way of play at all. The strength of Janssen is that he's Kane-like in his style - i.e. mobile, hardworking

How so? Llorente is a big static target man. With no wingers, he just doesn't fit our way of play at all. The strength of Janssen is that he's Kane-like in his style - i.e. mobile, hardworking

He knows where the goal is for a start and has scored goals in England, Spain and Italy. Janssen has succeeded only in the Netherlands.

Both are big target men - Llorente is tall, whereas Janssen is more strong rather than tall

I havent't studied Llorente enough first-hand to comment on mobility and work-rate but neither has any pace

Not my ideal signing, but I've heard worse ideas

Back