• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fernando Llorente

Can someone who had seen a lot of him last season explain what went wrong with him at Juve? He did well in his first season there.

He might have a case for a testimonial next year if it was based on when we first tried to sign him ...

fudge me ... the rumour that won't die ...

im just waiting for the Guiseppe Rossi to Spurs link to re-appear

Can someone who had seen a lot of him last season explain what went wrong with him at Juve? He did well in his first season there.

the signing and form of Morata I guess kept him out of the team

Given we're not in the CL, I cant see that we'd be able to get a better CF than him. So its really a question of style - I'd sign him as well as signing another forward for the 3 who we play behind the main CF

He started 33 games.
As I said "Can someone who had seen a lot of him last season explain what went wrong with him at Juve."

alright alright, no need to be a d!ck about it...why be so aggressive?

Completely with both PL1 and AdamB tbh, very short term signing in one sense but can't think of a bigger name we could sign.

Personally would love Benteke.

alright alright, no need to be a d!ck about it...why be so aggressive?

Because I'm a dingdong.
From what I can work out by googling around and reading articles Allegri changed Juve's style to counter attacking which didnt suit Llorente because he's not exactly very mobile.
He'd be good for us against teams defending deep. We all know he should suit our League.

GHod I hope not, he is just another Crouch.

Just so we're clear you're talking about the Crouch that started 21 games and came on as a sub in another 17 (meaning that he was involved in all our league games) the season we actually did get into the CL?

The ten million figure being thrown around seems high for a 30 year old striker that's fallen out of favour at a club with more strikers than most teams have central midfielders. But if he's as good as Crouch was for us it would be a very good deal, if there's a chance he will be even better I really hope we're in for him.

Just so we're clear you're talking about the Crouch that started 21 games and came on as a sub in another 17 (meaning that he was involved in all our league games) the season we actually did get into the CL?

The ten million figure being thrown around seems high for a 30 year old striker that's fallen out of favour at a club with more strikers than most teams have central midfielders. But if he's as good as Crouch was for us it would be a very good deal, if there's a chance he will be even better I really hope we're in for him.

The very same player yes, and ( imo) one the worst CF's I have seen in a Spurs shirt. Knock the ball long and in the air ( Dawson loved him) and half the time ( even a 6ft 7in) he could not win it) and had the first touch of a donkey.

The very same player yes, and ( imo) one the worst CF's I have seen in a Spurs shirt. Knock the ball long and in the air ( Dawson loved him) and half the time ( even a 6ft 7in) he could not win it) and had the first touch of a donkey.

He was a very effective CF imo.

Pochettino also did very well with Southampton with a tall target man striker, and seemed to try to get the best out of another tall striker in Adebayor when he first came here.

He was a very effective CF imo.

Pochettino also did very well with Southampton with a tall target man striker, and seemed to try to get the best out of another tall striker in Adebayor when he first came here.

Lambert isnt tall but uses his body well to challenge effectively for the ball. The key though with Lambert was his ability outside the area, how he linked well with team mates, the selfless runs he made. I wouldnt compare his skillset with that of Llorente

Lambert isnt tall but uses his body well to challenge effectively for the ball. The key though with Lambert was his ability outside the area, how he linked well with team mates, the selfless runs he made. I wouldnt compare his skillset with that of Llorente

According to wikipedia Lambert is 3 inches/7cm shorter than Llorente who I think most would think is very tall (for a footballer at least) - the same height as Fazio.

I agree that much more is needed than just being tall/very good in the air. I thought it looked like Llorente had a lot of those abilities when he was successful at Bilbao under Bielsa. Haven't seen him play for Juve more than perhaps a game or two, so can't speak to that.

According to wikipedia Lambert is 3 inches/7cm shorter than Llorente who I think most would think is very tall (for a footballer at least) - the same height as Fazio.

I agree that much more is needed than just being tall/very good in the air. I thought it looked like Llorente had a lot of those abilities when he was successful at Bilbao under Bielsa. Haven't seen him play for Juve more than perhaps a game or two, so can't speak to that.

i totally forgot that Llorente played under Bielsa at Bilbao and was very effective.....must have impressed Poch

Back