• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fernando Llorente

Perhaps you are confusing Adebayor at his peak - his hold-up play, his pace, skill, finishing - with that fella lumbering around up front this season, trying not to fall asleep?

On paper Adebayor is Lionel Messi sitting on Aguero's shoulders - in reality Danny Graham would offer more goal threat as he actually gets into the right positions AND he tries hard.

...players go in and out of form: I believe Ade will regain his best in a while. still keeping the faith.

Tancredi Palmeri:

Juve gm Marotta to @tutticonvocati :"Should close deal soon,but only from July 1".

But in Spain they insist he'll go now for 4m€

Llorente wages will be 4.5m € per year, being Juventus third most paid per season after Buffon and Pirlo

Tancredi Palmeri:

Juve gm Marotta to @tutticonvocati :"Should close deal soon,but only from July 1".

But in Spain they insist he'll go now for 4m€

Llorente wages will be 4.5m € per year, being Juventus third most paid per season after Buffon and Pirlo

thats 3 fine looking gentlemen isn't it

Official: Llorente moves from Athletic to Juventus by 1st of July.(Juve also making last desperate try to convince Bilbao to release him now)

Wow, that's unfair - they'll probably get nothing for him

Should have at least extracted top dollar like they did for Martinez

Poor management from Bilbao, cut your nose off to spite your face is no way to run a football club.

Well done to Juventus though.

another case of "we're gonna need a bigger boat"

Do you mean a bigger stadium? Yeah we're not in Juventus' league really but some of these deals can be done if you work hard enough on them. It doesn't sound like we were interested in him anyway, which I think was a mistake incidentally, but there you go.

I think Champions League is the big issue. If we get CL football, I feel we will see much higher calibre signings. I mean has Llorente ever played CL football? Juve are looking very good in both league and CL.

If Juventus was what he wanted, then I don't see how we can consider him someone we should have signed.

We should have gone for him the year Bilbao came to the lane for a friendly, I thought that was why we were playing them to be honest. Sigh.

Do you mean a bigger stadium? Yeah we're not in Juventus' league really but some of these deals can be done if you work hard enough on them. It doesn't sound like we were interested in him anyway, which I think was a mistake incidentally, but there you go.

i was actually thinking more of our wage structure, but the stadium size is obviously a factor with that

although its Juve, they are football royalty, i bet they don't get turned down by many players

he was always going Juve - there was no competition.

Juve are in the Madrid / Barca / Man U / Munich league they are huge. Think because the got relegated for the match fixing people forget that.

He was my dream signing four years ago. Now we're being linked with him again quite strongly from a number of sources, although this time I'm not too sure.

Clearly he's a very talented player. And unlike Soldado he has the physique to cut it in the Premier League. My concern with him is that we have Kane - how would he fit into the same side? If we went for a 4-4-2 type partnership I'd want one of the strikers to be a fast, dribbling type like Aguero or Sturridge who have thrived in 4-4-2s in the past. I can't think of many teams who play with two big target men up front, especially not without talented wingers who can beat a man, get to the byline and cross the ball accurately.

Would definitely like to have him in the squad as an option if Kane is injured/tired/out of form. But I can't see him leaving Juventus without guarantee of being first choice which I don't see how it would work here.

Thoughts?

'Cover' is putting it too harshly, imo. He'd join and play the 25-30 odd games that Kane isn't needed for (EL, FA Cup, LC, assorted PL games of lesser value): and if (as I suspect will be the case) Harry struggles a bit more next season, he'll be played in tandem with Kane to give opposition defenders a monstrously large, powerful headache to deal with while Kane scampers around free from their attentions.

Not in a 4-4-2, mind. Possibly a 4-2-3-1 as usual, but with Kane in the hole behind Llorente, with a license to roam into the space created by the big man drawing defenders towards him a la Fellaini last season.

Of course, that's if the move happens, which I doubt will be the case.

'Cover' is putting it too harshly, imo. He'd join and play the 25-30 odd games that Kane isn't needed for (EL, FA Cup, LC, assorted PL games of lesser value): and if (as I suspect will be the case) Harry struggles a bit more next season, he'll be played in tandem with Kane to give opposition defenders a monstrously large, powerful headache to deal with while Kane scampers around free from their attentions.

Not in a 4-4-2, mind. Possibly a 4-2-3-1 as usual, but with Kane in the hole behind Llorente, with a license to roam into the space created by the big man drawing defenders towards him a la Fellaini last season.

Of course, that's if the move happens, which I doubt will be the case.

Yeah, fair point. I think that you are right

He might have a case for a testimonial next year if it was based on when we first tried to sign him ...

fudge me ... the rumour that won't die ...

Back