• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

FAO of crawley and all decent human beings

I think he means racists, not whites. It would be pretty difficult to claim that whites were a niche group in a country where they're still 90% of the population!

Anyway, can't we all just braid each others' hair, sing love songs around the camp fire and make beautiful peace? ;)

In an ideal world which we don't live in unfortunately. To claim I'm racist is ignorance, yet again, on his part.

Anyway, can't we all just braid each others' hair, sing love songs around the camp fire and make beautiful peace? ;)

To be fair on threads which dont involve politics or religion, race everybody does seem to get on not too bad, the ones mentioned are the ones which cause the problems time in time out

I was pretty sure i had read in previous threads that you said you were an immigrant. The is no problem with that, my mother was italian and i myself married an immigrant. Ooohh how liberal of me. I am sure i have read your views on immgration and narrow minded biggoted view of UKIP which comes from a stance that anyone who even questions it is automatically racist. If im wrong and these are not your views then i apolgoise and i must have you mistaken with someone else.

So if i have mixed you up with another poster i say sorry, because i know the was a guy on here a couple of years ago who asked me about UKIP and said along the lines of "I dont know anything about them but i always assumed they were just the BNP in suits" so african i maybe wrong that might not have been you. It is just at the time as the son of an immigrant and someone married to one i took offence by it.

Of course when people like me take offence we do not do the liberal party thing of crying in the corner but getting on with our lives, it is just we don't often forget. Maybe in this instance i have got things wrong and you did not say this, so in that case im very sorry and as everyone on the left knows. If you say sorry everything is ok.

you see now, i dont believe you. i think you just assumed i took that stance, because of where i am from and i honestly believe that making up that you think it was me that said it as an easy get out clause

aside from recently when have you ever heard me talk about politics in depth? not once...the reason is because my knowledge of it is limited. I dont believe you heard me say anything about UKIP and further more i think you know this anyway. I think you just assumed that because i have african by my name i am automatically an immigrant (weird way to describe someone but its true i guess) and therefore you assumed you knew my views on politics and especially immigration

you know what, if you thought i was some other guy spouting anti-decent propaganda....what thread was it in? what thread comes to mind? maybe that guy is still in there somewhere

but you are right, as far as internet communication goes...sorry is about as good as one could hope for as far as settling an issue. I accept your apology and please accept mine for derailing your thread

by the way, i am an immigrant;) however i didnt think i mentioned myself as being one as opposed to me being Nigerian, but then you could have second generation Nigerians still refering to themselves as being nigerian too

I do not think it has derailled we are talking and engaging nothing wrong in that. I ws saying how i think UKIP is full of decent people, im sure like most parties there are a few who you would not want there. I wonder what policies of UKIP's you find undecent, or is it just me as a poster that has put you off them?

No , i find some of their philosophies shrowded in mystery. If you look at the list Marky posted recently in the thread about the terrible murder...apparently they want more and bigger prisons, they want the police to be free of some kind of shackles that's been put on them by the PC phalanx. The word "PC" is actually there. why? what is wrong with PC in a society that has experienced a lot of prejudice and racism in its time?
They also want more freedom of speech and expression yet dont seem to want them as an opposition to the way of life they seem fits the countries tradition. I find that weird , freedom of speech means just that...that means everyone gets a voice

all in all it seems like the philosophies are well intended but i dont see how they are all able to co-exist at the same time

For instance there are a number of left wing liberal and frankly in my view communists on this site. That said i can listen to there point of view. Hootnow makes some very good points especailly on crime. I remember reading some of his posts and his argumment that prison should educate people so they have skills to get jobs when they come out is a point i agree with.
Okay? thats good for you , you are able to tolerate someone's view point when they are telling you what they think. I guess thats good but even still i dont know why you are telling me this

You see despite the fact i do not agree with his politics i can read his posts and intelligently listen to his point of views on things and sometimes, like prison and reform agree with them. That is the good point of this site, it helps to change and broaden your views. Milo also in the past made good points about how the elite in Dubai treat the indian workforce, it has made me swear to never visit the country.
again i dont know why you throw this at my door step. its the right approach to listen to the points of views of other people. something that your thread title and first post seemed to ignore

I only hope that one day African despite your views of people you can grow enough to actually listen to their points of views, but that you can not at the moment is not your fault. In time maybe you will become a better and more tolerant man, with gods love let it be true.
what ARE my views of people. go on tell me? tell me what you "think" i have said about my views of people in general are. i am dying to know honestly...why would i not be able to listen to people's points of views in the first place? is it cause i dont like people that seem to exile people based on politic ideology? i will admit to that...
still i dont see why i wouldnt be able to right now? why assume that i am not tolerant now of another persons view now?
actually, even if i wasnt tolerant of someone else's view point...why is it that its understandable

I think he means racists, not whites. It would be pretty difficult to claim that whites were a niche group in a country where they're still 90% of the population!

can you guys STOP quoting this dude if he puts my name in his post....arrrrgh!!!! LOL

Naturally someone that has the attitude Roy has would no doubt assume that i am talking about white people......for two reasons, a reverse smear campaign (although no one is going to buy that crap) as a defence mechanism and because maybe his brain is wired that way

but hootnow you are semi correct, i say semi because i dont mean racist...i mean people that pass judgements on others based on what they see as opposed to what that person they judge has done. i actually dont think Roy is a full on racist, i have met people like that and Roy isnt like that. its a shame but the word racist is like a magnet for anyone that feels hard done by by someone from another race or even way of life.....no Roys niche group are those people who dont necessarily hate ethnic minorities but more those that look at certain groups of people and pass judgement and look down their noses at them. Like i said i have read enough of his comments to know he is the equivalent of someone that keeps attacking another person then apologising straight after, as if that other person is Jesus Christ forever forgiving. The EDL thing for me was the last straw...as i have had a personally bad experience some guys with that mindset....and that brick didnt even concern me. i was just there....light skinned and a strap beard...like a thick one liner down the side across the chin...and the next thing i know this tiff between two groups suddenly falls in my direction. LOL

sometimes it isnt their fault and its understandable , depending on where you are from and how you have been raised you can just get thrown into it and adopt what the people around you have been teaching. who knows what Roys motivation is....i dont at all. but i dont think it would be hard to get him to sign up with his friendly bunch of EDL humanitarian knights

btw.....him braiding an afro? LOL...no way...the length of time and patience for that might tip him over the edge..i can just imagine it "damn afros. get a job...why cant you have hair like mine!!"

Yo japanesegardenlover

just so i dont have to keep fighting the urge to come on here. perhaps its better you PM me from now on

To be fair on threads which dont involve politics or religion, race everybody does seem to get on not too bad, the ones mentioned are the ones which cause the problems time in time out

I would say you and Roy have been as involved as anyone as soon as a politics, religion and race is brought up on GG. Just calling it as I see it.

I've got a big issue with Adebayor.

Who said immigrants were hard working. :-" ***runs for cover*** :)

This single sentence should get your wheels spinning Chich...yes. The ethics, morals and fortitude of the English people are all massive corner stones in who we are/were. And that certainly includes the work ethic.

So answer me this...when our economy got switched from manufacturing and production to financial, did you not also notice a shift in society's 'work ethic'? I think it's fair to say that the devastating combination of

declining education
greed
a growing culture of entitlement based on the disproportionate wealth of a few
people wanting more 'things' cheaper has led to where we are.

We are delighted to keep prices cheap, and much of the reason they remain that way is because of cheap foreign labour. And wheras we once had a willing and able (homegrown) workforce, one which happily accepted itself, we now have a generation or two who all believe they 'deserve' big paychecks and loadsamoney, a generation who are not prepared to out in a shift and work hard as youths to build the platform for a productive, earnest future. Immigrants who come to the UK and work tend to work bloody hard for long hours at the sort of jobs some young British folk think is 'above' them.

There are certainly problems all round, but I believe the idea that immigration is solely to blame is false. It might well be 'a' factor, but there are far, far greater factors at work right now than just that.

This is a fight for decency over vulgarity IMO.

I believe that we all agree on the sanctity of what we believe are British values. Sadly, I think too many people lack a deep understanding of what those are.

...in the spirit of discussion and debate mate.

Great post

Because you know someone (Chich/DFS) will try to introduce a little lube into the proceedings :-"

This is essentially how I try to view the world and how I attempt to live my life. It's weird how much one can get attacked for believing in such extreme philosophies!

This forum would be so much better without KD and AS but we can't have it all eh?

Ukip are without doubt the only party we should all be hoping gets in.

Would you say you are a UKIP supporter/follower? The reason I ask is you mentioned in another thread relatively recently that you didn't align yourself with any particular party.

In the interest of not having this post misconstrued by the internets, no hidden agenda whatsoever with my question. I'm just curious as to whether the recent discussion on here surrounding UKIP has swayed you? I have found that my own personal opinion of them has swayed although it is difficult for me to have a very informed opinion when I am not living in the UK anymore.

Although it is 'just' a football forum and we should try not to take things so seriously on here a lot of the time, I am always happy to be educated in the political arena and I feel some of the discussion regarding this particular subject have been fascinating.

A question to everyone: Does the rising popularity of UKIP signal a serious sign of intent that they could challenge for leadership? Or do you feel this is just a reaction to the current state of the UK and 'normal service' will be resumed between the two bigger boys going forward?

Would you say you are a UKIP supporter/follower? The reason I ask is you mentioned in another thread relatively recently that you didn't align yourself with any particular party.

In the interest of not having this post misconstrued by the internets, no hidden agenda whatsoever with my question. I'm just curious as to whether the recent discussion on here surrounding UKIP has swayed you? I have found that my own personal opinion of them has swayed although it is difficult for me to have a very informed opinion when I am not living in the UK anymore.

Although it is 'just' a football forum and we should try not to take things so seriously on here a lot of the time, I am always happy to be educated in the political arena and I feel some of the discussion regarding this particular subject have been fascinating.

A question to everyone: Does the rising popularity of UKIP signal a serious sign of intent that they could challenge for leadership? Or do you feel this is just a reaction to the current state of the UK and 'normal service' will be resumed between the two bigger boys going forward?

i think in the near future it would be the latter. but i think going forward if things carry on as they are then UKIP will benefit greatly. You need someone to fudge and for state of affairs to be REALLY down the toilet of someone from the depths of obscurity to be able to rise up and take charge

look at Obama, if not for Bush being his predecessor i dont think he would have been voted in. The irony is that America didnt benefit that much with his appointment.

if UKIP get into power, do people think that it would be a complete turn around in domestic and foreign policy...all that list that Marky put up. do ppeople honestly think that will happen suddenly all at once and that everything will be alright again?

its one thing when the raving monster looney party say that its going to be all parties, no tax on fuel and to have two live meerkats to compare the meerkats etc....but once they get voted in...will all that happen?

Because you know someone (Chich/DFS) will try to introduce a little lube into the proceedings :-"

This is essentially how I try to view the world and how I attempt to live my life. It's weird how much one can get attacked for believing in such extreme philosophies!

where are you from if you dont mind me asking? parents too etc

where are you from if you dont mind me asking? parents too etc

Not at all! I'm a born and bred North Londoner of Indian origin. I don't follow any religion but my family are Sikh. My Mum was born and brought up in Iran pre-revolution and settled in the UK in the late 70's :)

Not at all! I'm a born and bred North Londoner of Indian origin. I don't follow any religion but my family are Sikh. My Mum was born and brought up in Iran pre-revolution and settled in the UK in the late 70's :)

wow thats deep. a lot of culture and history behind you. and you said you schooled in turkey?

wow thats deep. a lot of culture and history behind you. and you said you schooled in turkey?

I spent two years in Turkey in my teens. My Grandad set himself up there after leaving Iran as that was where a lot of his business was, so my Mum worked for him for a bit. I went to an American-standardised International school in Istanbul, two of the best years of my life, really opened my eyes. Still have many friends in Turkey, including some involved in the protests at the moment.

Above all, I consider myself British (or a Londoner, as we are a special breed of person ;) ). Although I am very proud of my heritage and I have a deep-rooted respect for the very forward-thinking Sikh religion, if anyone asked me where I was from I would say the UK. I am quite disconnected by events at the moment back home (been away for three years, two in NZ and currently in Oz), so it's good to hear thoughts about the goings-on from people here as well as the global media.

When I was still in the UK, UKIP was considered a more extreme right-wing party which had unfortunate ties some undesirable organisations. I am very interested to know whether they are striving to move forward sincerely or whether it is a political ploy to be seen to have moved forward, if that makes sense? All political parties use propaganda of course.

I am still on the fence with UKIP although I have found myself agreeing with certain aspects of their manifesto. I feel some of this may be down to reading quite extreme and in some cases, hateful status updates on social networking from old school friends who are supporters of the party. But as with anything in life, one shouldn't judge a whole movement by what could be a small minority of its parts.

If anything, another party coming into force could be the proverbial kick in the backside that is greatly needed for the larger parties to develop. It's an interesting time, and hopefully one where a positive outcome will prevail. I just feel there is too much mud-slinging and labelling of what problems are, right/left/extreme/PC/liberal etc rather than any actual positive and affirmative action to create a more harmonious and peaceful way of life.

Independence or UK independence is not compatible with a harmonious way of life. UK out of the EU makes no sense to me.

Personally I have contempt for most forms of democratic politics - its all about how you come across in the media, rather than being true to your values. What is best for a country comes second to politicians saying or doing what they think people want them to do/ say. Hence the lack of leadership many complain of.

Is it a problem of political parties, or of the democratic system?

Yeah, my Dad is Iranian...he left in the 60s, his family suffered during the revolution, no-one liked the Shah either though because he was a puppet and a bastard...Mossadegh was the man and as I just mentioned earlier, what was done to him was not only a disgrace, it altered the middle east forever...in a bad way...

Back