• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fans last night

That's all choreographed for tv.

This is just a group a of people who want to sit in the same stand because they want to able to sing their hearts out and not be told to sit down and shut up.

that's what I'm saying, no one is complaining about them, so why the argument?

Who here thinks fans make any difference to whats happening on the pitch?

To me a good atmosphere is a bonus. Its like having a decent looking kit. Its not gonna affect whats happening on the pitch really.
The same fans where there in the first half (when we played well and Saudi Sportswashing Machine didn't turn up) as where there in the second half (after Saudi Sportswashing Machine sorted things out at half time).

What happened today wasn't the fault of the fans no matter how much some people on here want it to be true.

I don't think anyone is suggesting anything of the sort, to be fair (though there is a valid argument to be made that better support could lead to better performances).

Besides which, that's not really the point. I don't want a better atmosphere because I think it will make us win every home game. I want a better atmosphere because my enjoyment of live football is dependent to a large extent on a good atmosphere. Otherwise, why go to a game? If all you're interested in is the football then, on balance, you'll get a better perspective by staying at home and watching on TV. Being there is as much about sharing an experience with 30-50K others as it is about watching 22 men kick a football around on a 8000 sq metre patch of grass. The crowd is a critical part of the show. And if the crowd fails to play its part, then the show is far poorer for it.

I think people are arguing 2 different arguments here, I don't think anyone is complaining about 1882, people are complaining about the idea of the club being involved in leading the singing

I was at Wembley today for the NFL where they do exactly that, flags on the seat, screens telling you when you wave them, Samuel L Jackson telling you to rise up, it's incredibly cringeworthy and nothing any self respecting club should be involved in

Not so. scara is very much complaining about 1882.

are they, from what I've read the issue is with it being an official thing with the club

1882 haven't got anything to do with the club other than the fact that they have no choice but to get the club's agreement before being able to use a specific block or two.

There is really just one guy complaining. :lol:

Yep. scara:

BahHumbug_banner2.jpg

There is really just one guy complaining. :lol:
Too right I am!

A superfanz singing club, which has the approval of the club owners, is arranging to turn up and sing at matches.

I agree with their aim of getting people singing, I just think that this kind of thing is (or should be) below a club like ours.

Too right I am!

A superfanz singing club, which has the approval of the club owners, is arranging to turn up and sing at matches.

I agree with their aim of getting people singing, I just think that this kind of thing is (or should be) below a club like ours.

So you're more concerned about appearances, as has already been suggested.

Top level football is losing its soul due to being out of touch with fans via the players. They don't give a monkeys about our club apart from pay day it means **** all to them to pull on the lilly white shirt. Money has breed nothing but mercanery players always looking for that bigger club /pay deal. They show little or no passion in the field turn in gutless performances and people wonder why the fans are different at the grounds not just at spurs. Plus the clubs not had any good times lately we have been served dross for past 3 years what's to get excited about?? I have given up a season ticket about at end of AVB first season as was tired of the atmosphere and garbage was seeing on the pitch. I do still go here and there but I feel a lot of people are ****ed off with the clubs regression after a couple of great seasons under Arry but even then the atmosphere was not a patch on the Jol era.

Imo the loyal die hard is warn out its a labour of love supporting spurs and deep down you all know it. The glory days are very rare but we live and love the club still but so very tired of the poo on the pitch lately. My mate who still has his season ticket has just been on the phone saying can't do it no more! and lots I know have said it lately .... Sad times

is the game out of touch with the fans or is it the other way round?

the games changed, largely for the better, fans need to change with it

is the game out of touch with the fans or is it the other way round?

the games changed, largely for the better, fans need to change with it

I suppose in some respects, but in terms of a relationship with the fans how can we moan that the crowd and atmosphere is **** if the players show no passion on the pitch or a bit of fight for the club for the fans I think it's all linked. Take ledley club legend loved the club ,Vdv turned up played with passion got the crowed going show a bit of fight . Now we have players like Pauline ,verts etc don't give a toss. It's a vicious circle

When I'm not playing myself I love watching amateur football fellas like myself paying to play and do so because of the love for the game, watching my son play etc.

We need players to love our club and slog there guts out but so few do and as I fan I can see that in the performance. We don't need to rip up tress each week and yea you can lose its football but some of the lack of effort and poor attitudes from players I see at the lane is sickening

Back