• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fans last night

So you're more concerned about appearances, as has already been suggested.
Not really, no. I'm more concerned about the substance of what the club is, the intangibles that make all fans proud of their own clubs and think that theirs is better than all the others.

I wouldn't want a sugardaddy to buy the club, I don't want hymn sheets on seats, I don't want cheerleaders and I don't want singing clubs.

Not really, no. I'm more concerned about the substance of what the club is, the intangibles that make all fans proud of their own clubs and think that theirs is better than all the others.

I wouldn't want a sugardaddy to buy the club, I don't want hymn sheets on seats, I don't want cheerleaders and I don't want singing clubs.

You don't want a good atmosphere either, clearly.

Because we won't get one unless we embrace new ideas like 1882.

Anyway, you are a lone voice of opposition in this discussion, thankfully. 1882 is building momentum and the club is keen to accommodate it. So your only choice will be to like it or lump it. You aren't going to stop it.

You don't want a good atmosphere either, clearly.

Because we won't get one unless we embrace new ideas like 1882.

Anyway, you are a lone voice of opposition in this discussion, thankfully. 1882 is building momentum and the club is keen to accommodate it. So your only choice will be to like it or lump it. You aren't going to stop it.

I think even the ST holders (& others) that voiced early reservations regarding 1882 have largely been won over. It is either let of group of (mostly) 16-30yr olds try & do their thing or sit there in silence, or worse - listening to 'fans' moaning & whining for 2 hours.

I am well into middle age & have been a fan through the good times & bad & i fully embrace what 1882 are trying to achieve.

I'm a big fan of 1882 and what they are trying to achieve - break of the shackles of cynicism that holds us back at home.

My concern though is that by bringing all the vocal fans into one block, it saps the life out of the rest of the stadium even more (i.e. if 1882 are in block 35, the Shelf corner suddenly becomes dead; whereas if those people are spread across Park Lane and the Shelf, it helps keep that whole end lively)

I'm a big fan of 1882 and what they are trying to achieve - break of the shackles of cynicism that holds us back at home.

My concern though is that by bringing all the vocal fans into one block, it saps the life out of the rest of the stadium even more (i.e. if 1882 are in block 35, the Shelf corner suddenly becomes dead; whereas if those people are spread across Park Lane and the Shelf, it helps keep that whole end lively)

1882 are never given blocks for Prem games. Only for ones that no one else wants to go to. Ergo, those that want to sing at Prem games can do so to their hearts content :)-") & 1882 generate atmosphere at matches that would otherwise be dead. Win Win.

1882 are never given blocks for Prem games. Only for ones that no one else wants to go to. Ergo, those that want to sing at Prem games can do so to their hearts content :)-") & 1882 generate atmosphere at matches that would otherwise be dead. Win Win.

I think Asteris was worse overall (cf other comparable UEFA matches) because 1882 sucked the noisy fans out of the rest of Park Lane and the Shelf.

I think until it grows to effectively take over a whole end like the ultras in places like Italy do, that will continue to be a problem.

I think Asteris was worse overall (cf other comparable UEFA matches) because 1882 sucked the noisy fans out of the rest of Park Lane and the Shelf.

I think until it grows to effectively take over a whole end like the ultras in places like Italy do, that will continue to be a problem.

You may be right about sucking the people in but no way is it worse overall, the palce woudl have been nigh on silent -- proabably about 200 1882 that spread around the whole ground would make no impact - and lets be honest if the rest of the ground didnt join in with a Largish group they wouldnt have been singing just because someone lively is in the same row.

No...........it really wasn't, fella.

Were you there? They could be heard, loud and proud, throughout the game. Had those 500+ fans been spread thinly around the ground, they wouldn't have been able to get anything started that was audible other than in their immediate vicinity. Furthermore, when a couple of fans start singing but realise that no one is joining in around them (as would inevitably have happened), it doesn't generally take long before they stop trying.

Yes, of course it will be better if and when 1882 grows to take over a whole end. But in the meanwhile, it's still doing a great job.

You may be right about sucking the people in but no way is it worse overall, the palce woudl have been nigh on silent -- proabably about 200 1882 that spread around the whole ground would make no impact - and lets be honest if the rest of the ground didnt join in with a Largish group they wouldnt have been singing just because someone lively is in the same row.

Absolutely this.

No...........it really wasn't, fella.

Were you there? They could be heard, loud and proud, throughout the game. Had those 500+ fans been spread thinly around the ground, they wouldn't have been able to get anything started that was audible other than in their immediate vicinity. Furthermore, when a couple of fans start singing but realise that no one is joining in around them (as would inevitably have happened), it doesn't generally take long before they stop trying.

Yes, of course it will be better if and when 1882 grows to take over a whole end. But in the meanwhile, it's still doing a great job.

Yeah I was. I was in block 32 and it was about the worst atmosphere I've known in that part of the ground. Everyone was gawping over at block 35, but it was a mortuary in 30 round to 34, which are usually the loudest parts.

Yeah I was. I was in block 32 and it was about the worst atmosphere I've known in that part of the ground. Everyone was gawping over at block 35, but it was a mortuary in 30 round to 34, which are usually the loudest parts.

Not on Europa League nights.

I go to most, and that was the worst for a while.

I go to every game and, from my seat in the Shelf lower, it was the best there's been for a while. No question about it.

The thing is, if you're in an area where a few of you are singing, it can sometimes feel as though there's a good atmosphere generally when, in reality, very few people can hear you. That's the problem with the singers being thinly spread.

Against Asteras, by contrast, with most of the singers concentrated in one block, they could be heard loud and clear throughout the game.

Last edited:
Lets not rewrite history here - Europa League/Uefa Cup games had good atmospheres long before 1882 came to be - Asteras is the first one ive missed at home since we've regularly been back in Europe and it's always generally been above the atmosphere you get in the league (odd exception aside) it may appear better to those of you in amongst it but to the rest of us it's no different - just a bit louder in one small section.

I haven't got a problem with 1882 in fact im quite supportive but lets not make them out to be something they're not.

1882 are in Block 35 for Partizan.
All are welcome - as long as you are prepared to sing for the shirt for 90+ minutes win lose or draw..

You won't regret it!

Back