• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fans last night

For me, part of a large crowd singing is the guy with the guts to start on his own. And the next one and the one after him having the guts to join in when nobody else has.

Having a glee club negates that.

Or they just end up being the guy that everybody scowls at for standing up and disturbing them while they're watching the game.

This whole thread is one of the main reasons I go to away games.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Fapatalk

Look on the bright side - at least we didn't have to tolerate any 'artificial fun' at todays debacle. So it wasn't all bad.

Look on the bright side - at least we didn't have to tolerate any 'artificial fun' at todays debacle. So it wasn't all bad.
I thought the fans did pretty well in the first half considering the sh1tshow that was in front of them.

They were rightly ****ed off for the second half.

For me, part of a large crowd singing is the guy with the guts to start on his own. And the next one and the one after him having the guts to join in when nobody else has.

Having a glee club negates that.

You keep mentioning this term. You're obviously pleased with it. You think it makes you sound superior. But it just makes you sound like a bitter, ignorant misanthrope. Desperate and sad.

There is no glee club. Just a group of supporters. Who want to support. And who want the atmosphere at the Lane to be better than it is.

Unlike you, clearly.

I thought the fans did pretty well in the first half considering the sh1tshow that was in front of them.

They were rightly ****ed off for the second half.

There was little to no noise from our lot in the first half, even though our performance was decent enough.

You keep mentioning this term. You're obviously pleased with it. You think it makes you sound superior. But it just makes you sound like a bitter, ignorant misanthrope. Desperate and sad.

There is no glee club. Just a group of supporters. Who want to support. And who want the atmosphere at the Lane to be better than it is.

Unlike you, clearly.

It's a pretty accurate term for a group of adults who all want to get together and sing. Would you prefer choir? I'd consider that fairly offensive though and intentionally avoided it.

I want the crowd to be better, just not that way. I'd like the whole crowd to wear Spurs shirts in a sea of lily white, but I'd rather it didn't happen if they all got their own names on the back or wore full kits as that would just be silly.

There are good ways and bad ways to a good end and IMO this is a really bad one.

Having been at both games I can say this is simply not true. Plus stop getting hung up on the word sing,I consider it support,getting behind the team. After all that does matter.
Surely if you're at the match volume all depends on placement?

I watched both through the same sound system and whilst today was less coordinated, the overall volume was greater.

It was louder than against that Greek lot.

It was louder for the rare, brief moments that there was some singing. But only because there was a full house and because it was a Premier League game.

You can sit at home all you like and rant and rage against all new fangled ideas and tell everyone that that isn't how they used to do it in your day. But it won't change the fact the atmosphere would have been far better today if 1882 had been in action in this game: it would have been far louder; the remainder of the stadium would have joined in more often; and there would have been singing throughout.

It's a pretty accurate term for a group of adults who all want to get together and sing. Would you prefer choir? I'd consider that fairly offensive though and intentionally avoided it.

I want the crowd to be better, just not that way. I'd like the whole crowd to wear Spurs shirts in a sea of lily white, but I'd rather it didn't happen if they all got their own names on the back or wore full kits as that would just be silly.

There are good ways and bad ways to a good end and IMO this is a really bad one.

It's not an accurate description at all. It's merely a ham fisted attempt at condescension. It's just your bitter way of trying to dismiss people who are actually trying to do something to make ours a better club.

It was louder for the rare, brief moments that there was some singing. But only because there was a full house and because it was a Premier League game.

Snipped to just the content....

So then surely a far better way to create a noisy ground is to sell out than to have a glee club?

It's not an accurate description at all. It's merely a ham fisted attempt at condescension. It's just your bitter way of trying to dismiss people

It might be a little tough for someone like you to imagine, but I genuinely don't think I've ever had anything in my life to be bitter about. Much less actually getting bitter about something. I'm not sure it would even be in my nature if I happened upon a circumstance that would cause it.

who are actually trying to do something to make ours a better club.

Better is entirely subjective. Louder is usually better for a club, but not at any cost. Like my shirt analogy above, you can go the wrong way to the right destination. IMO this is very much the wrong way.

Anyway, congratulations - you've completed the journey to the end of my (admittedly short) attention span and Ade's not going to **** himself off so I'd better go and do that.

On second thoughts, he is able to tackle himself so maybe he can....

Who here thinks fans make any difference to whats happening on the pitch?

To me a good atmosphere is a bonus. Its like having a decent looking kit. Its not gonna affect whats happening on the pitch really.
The same fans where there in the first half (when we played well and Saudi Sportswashing Machine didn't turn up) as where there in the second half (after Saudi Sportswashing Machine sorted things out at half time).

What happened today wasn't the fault of the fans no matter how much some people on here want it to be true.

Snipped to just the content....

So then surely a far better way to create a noisy ground is to sell out than to have a glee club?

No. You're being dimwitted about this.

With 1882, you would get the best of both worlds. Constant singing AND the numbers to create greater volume.

I think people are arguing 2 different arguments here, I don't think anyone is complaining about 1882, people are complaining about the idea of the club being involved in leading the singing

I was at Wembley today for the NFL where they do exactly that, flags on the seat, screens telling you when you wave them, Samuel L Jackson telling you to rise up, it's incredibly cringeworthy and nothing any self respecting club should be involved in

I think people are arguing 2 different arguments here, I don't think anyone is complaining about 1882, people are complaining about the idea of the club being involved in leading the singing

I was at Wembley today for the NFL where they do exactly that, flags on the seat, screens telling you when you wave them, Samuel L Jackson telling you to rise up, it's incredibly cringeworthy and nothing any self respecting club should be involved in

That's all choreographed for tv.

This is just a group a of people who want to sit in the same stand because they want to able to sing their hearts out and not be told to sit down and shut up.

If we did that id definitely give up on attending again.

I was at the game today (havent been in a year although im an ST Holder) and I gotta say I dont miss it ONE ****ING BIT. It was so ****. I call it the stub hub crowd (and yep im guilty of selling my ticket to them) but it is just full of either day tripped or moaners who moan and act like theyre the best fans in the world. URGH. I was about to snap at a few it was incredulous.

Back