• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fabrice Muamba

Seriously though - this taco has been made an example of. His "tweets",not only about Muamba,but to about 20 other people were rank. He won't do it again.

There was a thread on here a while ago about a load of lads who got banged up over football trouble. One fella got 2 years for "swinging a baby tree" :lol:,another got about a year for filming the violence. Just being made an example of. Won't stop either happening though will it?

Seriously though - this taco has been made an example of. His "tweets",not only about Muamba,but to about 20 other people were rank. He won't do it again.

There was a thread on here a while ago about a load of lads who got banged up over football trouble. One fella got 2 years for "swinging a baby tree" :lol:,another got about a year for filming the violence. Just being made an example of. Won't stop either happening though will it?

It wont stop anything, no.

He said some vile things granted, but imo the punishment does not fit the crime no mater how much of an example you're trying to make. Infact, the more I think about it, the more it truly baffles the mind.

Yes it's harsh and disproportionate, but who cares. I fudging hate the internet mentality, how vile people are and the pure abuse. People need to take repssonbility for their words. It's disgusting these faceless people spouting all their brick. Most youtube videos end up in racist/sexist/homophobic vitriol. Sickens me.

Completely agree. Footballers also think they can say whatever they like on twitter no matter how controversial it is, then backtrack and not expect any consequences because it was written on the internet and not said in person. Wayne Rooney threatened to "knock someone out" on twitter then took back his comments and put them down to "just banter".

He said some pretty fudging awful things before the Muamba stuff too. The sentence maybe disproportionate, but that's only because other sentences are weak. Spot on for me.

I'd prefer that he has the right to post whatever stupid comments he wants and everyone else has the right to think he's an idiot. Not sure I'm comfortable with sending people to jail for what they write online. Isn't that what we've all been condemning the Chinese authories for?

I'd prefer that he has the right to post whatever stupid comments he wants and everyone else has the right to think he's an idiot. Not sure I'm comfortable with sending people to jail for what they write online. Isn't that what we've all been condemning the Chinese authories for?

This is it in a nutshell.

I'd expect something like this in china or russia or some other mental place on earth.

Personally I am of the opinion if you call somebody's mother a wog you deserve all you get

Do kind of think this kid has fudged his own life up even before the jail time. Surely the Uni would have kicked him out even if he had not been arrested for it and now no decent employers are going to want to take a chance on him.

He is going to have to man up when he comes out of jail. The whole of the British Isles knows that he is a cry-baby, a liar, can't handle his drink, arrogant, a student, and a notorious racist with a criminal record.

Then look at Muamba, who you just know is going to become a guy we are all proud of not just for cheating death, but for being a top bloke.

Quite the contrast indeed. 8-[

Do kind of think this kid has fudged his own life up even before the jail time. Surely the Uni would have kicked him out even if he had not been arrested for it and now no decent employers are going to want to take a chance on him.

Well, I believe the Uni only dumped him out of his biology course, nothing else.

Personally, I think it's a bit rich to jail someone for being offensive. You're offended by him? Fine. Be offended. Like the comedian Steve Hughes points out, nothing happens. You don't get leprosy as a result of being offended. It's a bit stupid to want to live in a democracy but expect to never be offended again. There are dingdongs in the world. Deal with it.

In this case, however, he's a racist, and there the lines are a bit blurrier. Sending him to jail and fudging up his life isn't going to make him love black people all of a sudden, will it? It's only likely to make him worse. So, painful as it may be to say this about someone quite clearly a racist, perhaps the justice system rather mucked up here. They did it with the right intentions, but it will probably end up having the wrong result.

No sympathy. He'll only serve half his time, though, as always with any ordinary sentence (the best-kept secret in the justice system). He'll be kicked out in 4 weeks and probably just have an even bigger chip.

Would you agree if he went up to a black guy in the street and told him he had aids? I don't see a great deal of difference. Too many people hide behind their screen and it spreads hatred. It absolutely needs to be dealt with.

You dont have the right to say whatever you want, to whoever you want, without being arrested in some cases, or even print it on flyers and in books.....why is it ok to type it on Twitter?

The guy was reported to police for a hate crime by the person he was typing racist comments to (Stan Collymore, among others)

He wasnt picked out by the 1984 Style KGB Internet Watchers

In my opinion freedom of speech is one of the most important building blocks of our societies. Apart from threatening people, or urging others to violence I think pretty much anything should be allowed.

People like this twitter taco deserves to be ridiculed, laughed at, shunted out of whatever social groups he has and being looked at as the idiot he is. But I don't think the government needs to get involved and send him to prison.

I don't quite understand why hate crime laws are a good thing either.

The internet is already becoming an unbearable place due to people hiding behind silly profile pictures and made up names to then give all the abuse and vitriol under the sun. It's not right. It needs to be stopped, it needs the same social laws as every day society. People wouldn't say the stuff they say in real life, and they shouldn't say it here. It's not about freedom of speech, they can say whatever they want, but if they want to be absolute ****s then they should be punished for it, like they would in real life (just in different ways)

Would you agree if he went up to a black guy in the street and told him he had aids? I don't see a great deal of difference. Too many people hide behind their screen and it spreads hatred. It absolutely needs to be dealt with.

Hatred deserves a custodial sentence ? Hell were all fudged then, I'm sure we all hate Arsenal and have said some viel stuff about them too. Heck, look at the match day threads the way some people have a hatred towards someone missing a chance of a goal. We should be all banged up shortly.

I'd expect him to get a fat lip and that would be the end of the story.

It may need to be dealt with as you call it, but not by sending someone to jail ffs.

Back