• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fabrice Muamba

As I understand it you can give them cracked ribs and in fact should not be worried about it as keeping oxygen going to the brain is far more important than any other injuries.

Yea it's pretty common for ribs to break or crack during cpr.

I often sit and think, how can this happen to a fit and strong athlete, then when they start to make a recovery I think would they have made that recovery if they were not so fit and strong. Muamba's body has done amazingly well to fight his way back to recovery.

Not sure if posted but this is disgusting, who the hell at this fanzine thought it would be a good idea to run with this?

ri260.jpg

Not sure if posted but this is disgusting, who the hell at this fanzine thought it would be a good idea to run with this?

ri260.jpg

As bad as the people they are trying to make fun of infact even worse because as one of thos there that day who came home to post my thoughts on here, it makes you feel slightly better to share your thoughts and worries with others.

No idea what kind of article they have written or what tone they have in that. I think the front page is way out of order either way.

I would suspect its a dig at the modern world in some ways....I passed a motor bike accident, and there were 100 people filming the guy on the floor. You know, like when Amy Winehouse died, and the Osbourne daughter Tweeted "Im so shocked, I cant breath"......managed to find your phone though and type eh love?

Id guess it's in that vein, but obviously I dont know.

I dont think the front page is that bad so long as its not aimed at Muamba....which we all know it isnt.

Some of the posts and media stuff Ive read make it sound like he died. I read one the other saying that the Reebok had "Muambas presence" all around it at their game.

The guy is awake, speaking, and eating on his own. He's NOT dead.

I would suspect its a dig at the modern world in some ways....I passed a motor bike accident, and there were 100 people filming the guy on the floor. You know, like when Amy Winehouse died, and the Osbourne daughter Tweeted "Im so shocked, I cant breath"......managed to find your phone though and type eh love?

Id guess it's in that vein, but obviously I dont know.

I dont think the front page is that bad so long as its not aimed at Muamba....which we all know it isnt.

Some of the posts and media stuff Ive read make it sound like he died. I read one the other saying that the Reebok had "Muambas presence" all around it at their game.

The guy is awake, speaking, and eating on his own. He's NOT dead.

I agree that a very good article and argument could be made making that point, maybe they did that.

But that picture, with very inconsiderate thought bubbles from the fans who were there and (in my opinion at least) did nothing wrong on the day and even showed a great togetherness and support has nothing to do with that kind of argument. A picture showing the cpr being given to Muamba, the people who did save his life, and the concerned players watching has very little to do with that topic.

To me it seems provocative for the sake of provocation to make that front page.

A selection of tweets from last week from Red Issue.

"Will all these tacoty look-at-me footballers wailing about 'praying' for Muamba stick their hands in their pockets for St Johns Ambulance?"

"What's the big deal about Muamba? Drogba goes down like that every game without needing to go to hospital"

"Should we call for a communal minute's Tweeting instead? That'd have Muamba's ticker tickety-boo in no time"

"Well put it this way: the last thing that would be of any use is a load of postuting tossers drowning us in false sympathy"

"Compare & contrast: 2: Bolton games called off after player collapses. 2: United games called off after 8 players die"

It is poor taste I agree.

But lets be honest, they wouldnt be saying that stuff if the worst had happened, or if he was still in a coma....and if the sick ones did still write it, I doubt they would be printed......let alone that front page.

The guy is on the mend, yet outside the Reebok looks like Anfield after Hillsborough.

If I was him, and saw that, it would make me feel very uneasy indeed. We need to start talking about Muamba as a living person, instead of laying more wreaths.

I will be honest I think there has been alot of over the top type stuff. And I am saying that because its not as if the guy has left us. He is alive. I mean there is a shrine outside the Reebok stadium. It just seems a touch OTT. There are alot of people acting as if the guy has passed away.

There's no doubt people have gone over the top, and do so with many deaths/illnesses. I suspect it is to prove to themselves that they can be a caring person. However, that cover is very poor. You can highlight your thoughts on an issue without being that provocative.

A selection of tweets from last week from Red Issue.

"Will all these tacoty look-at-me footballers wailing about 'praying' for Muamba stick their hands in their pockets for St Johns Ambulance?"

"What's the big deal about Muamba? Drogba goes down like that every game without needing to go to hospital"

"Should we call for a communal minute's Tweeting instead? That'd have Muamba's ticker tickety-boo in no time"

"Well put it this way: the last thing that would be of any use is a load of postuting tossers drowning us in false sympathy"

"Compare & contrast: 2: Bolton games called off after player collapses. 2: United games called off after 8 players die"

for me the two bits in bold have a value of merit, though it was poorly put

Back