• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fabrice Muamba

Not defending that guy but that is strange to see. The internet is usually the "wild west" as far as the law goes when it comes to what you can say.

great news, he deserves it after what he said.

What did he say? Was it racially motivated?

I read on football365 that he only tweeted 'LOL **** Muamba. He's dead' Which whilst sick and very bad taste, is surely not illegal.
But am I correct in thinking he posted some other tweets as well?

There was some stupid racist brick aswell. He tried to say his account was hacked which a few here believed but admitted it in court. Could this signal the end of the "Internet Warrior" though.

When you consider the crimes that result in a suspended sentence that is an extraordinary sentence. eg:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...runk-Muslim-girl-gang-who-attacked-woman.html

I was thinking the same thing - he should have got community service - but that link is pretty charged isn't it? There have to be many other examples of violent crimes that result in community service, but that aren't carried out by muslims.

Anyway, I'm guessing the judge has taken into account the large number of people who saw and were offended by the comments on twitter, and rightly or wrongly thought that aggrivated it.

There was some stupid racist brick aswell. He tried to say his account was hacked which a few here believed but admitted it in court. Could this signal the end of the "Internet Warrior" though.

Something about n#ggers and AIDS etc. Vile c#nt.

Thanks - missed this last week & the F365 story (taken from the Daily Mail it seems) didn't bother with the facts.
What he said was disgusting and he deserved some punishment, but I'm still surprised he got as long as 56 days in jail (relative to other crimes).

However, if a Judge is looking to make an example of someone on Twitter then racist filth such as this is probably the best example to use.

F#cking hell, the moment he realizes he's in the sh#t and starts grovelling. Pathetic.

As elyid says, he's been made as an example to other scum....f#ck him, he can reflect for a month inside, and then reflect for another few years when he cant get a place in a uni. Pr#ck.

Yes it's harsh and disproportionate, but who cares. I fudging hate the internet mentality, how vile people are and the pure abuse. People need to take repssonbility for their words. It's disgusting these faceless people spouting all their brick. Most youtube videos end up in racist/sexist/homophobic vitriol. Sickens me.

Obviously, in this case its deserved but where do you draw the line. Is it just racist and homophobic abuse or what?

Obviously, in this case its deserved but where do you draw the line. Is it just racist and homophobic abuse or what?

I guess its basically anything you would get nicked for, if you said it in person. Perfectly right imo.

Back